This is the best video I've seen on the Mandela Effect. I'm a little creeped out right now

Has the same thing in common with every other conspiracy theory. A strong amount of I want to believe this so bad, I'll avoid logic and jump straight to the craziest explanation possible.
Well I'm a flat Earther and I think I'm a very logical person so I don't think conspiracy theorist jump to the craziest conclusions possible and avoid logic, sure some do, but most of the time they haven't thought things through completely. Often times, conspiracy theorists are very logical but people don't want to take them seriously because they have been labeled conspiracy theorists.

Well I'm a flat Earther and I think I'm a very logical person so I don't think conspiracy theorist jump to the craziest conclusions possible and avoid logic, sure some do, but most of the time they haven't thought things through completely. Often times, conspiracy theorists are very logical but people don't want to take them seriously because they have been labeled conspiracy theorists.

You can't say "flat earther" and "logic" in the same sentence

I'm sure you do, but in reality you believe in some batshit crazy things, and think youtube videos overrule hard science. I mean the earth is not flat and that's proven. I feel dumb even saying that it's so blatantly obvious.

Don't want to get into that with you yet again though, so don't post any of your youtube clips from some dude

wtf? I clearly remember Sinbad in a movie called Shazam. I looked up a couple sites claiming to have solved that Shazam mystery, and they said that it was because Sinbad dressed up like a genie in a 1994 tnt movie called Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. Well that's BULLSHIT because I clearly remember the name Shazam, and see Sinbad in it. And no, it wasn't Shaq's genie movie. It was before that. 1990-1992 sometime iirc.

I haven't heard about the movie actually not existing now. But that's crazy because it USED to exist, I'm fairly certain.

Random addition. One of the Mendela things that does resonate personally with me is the Sinbad genie one.

yeah, this is the one that I do personally relate to the most. It really creeps me out that the movie never happened. Clearly feels like it did

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazaam

^^

This is the movie Kazaam Shaq starred in, it was in 1996 and he played a genie. I just had to check his wiki page, because I too remembered some Shaq genie movie from the mid 90s. You guys are confusing Shaq and Sinbad, but all these brothers don't look alike

<{hfved}>

^^

This is the movie Kazaam Shaq starred in, it was in 1996 and he played a genie. I just had to check his wiki page, because I too remembered some Shaq genie movie from the mid 90s. You guys are confusing Shaq and Sinbad, but all these brothers don't look alike

<{hfved}>

You are starting to get on my damn nerves, Mike. If you read my post you just quoted, I clearly stated that I am NOT thinking of the Shaq genie movie, and I am POSITIVE on that. I graduated high school in 96, so I know that year. I am VERY certainly remembering something from the very early 90's, like 91 or 92. And since I was 18 in 96, and probably 13 or so when I remember this Sinbad movie, the difference in a person's life from 13 yrs old and 18 yrs old are enormous. So I definitely KNOW the difference between 1990 and 1996. And I also KNOW wtf Sinbad looked like, and wtf Shaq looked like, and those motherfuckers don't look ANYTHING alike!

So STOP with this fucking bullshit where you are ASSUMING people are not as intelligent as you are and they must be making simple mistakes. I would bet money that my iq is as high or higher than yours. You give off an arrogant vibe and seem to think you have simple explanations readily available for people's claims. That makes me suspect you are college age or a little older. That combined with your repeated statements itt about "if anyone ever took a psych 101 level course they would know better." MOTHERFUCKER I WAS A PSYCH MAJOR! I refrained from even replying to you much for awhile. But damn it your arrogance needs to be checked. So stfu already.

You are starting to get on my damn nerves, Mike. If you read my post you just quoted, I clearly stated that I am NOT thinking of the Shaq genie movie, and I am POSITIVE on that. I graduated high school in 96, so I know that year. I am VERY certainly remembering something from the very early 90's, like 91 or 92. And since I was 18 in 96, and probably 13 or so when I remember this Sinbad movie, the difference in a person's life from 13 yrs old and 18 yrs old are enormous. So I definitely KNOW the difference between 1990 and 1996. And I also KNOW wtf Sinbad looked like, and wtf Shaq looked like, and those motherfuckers don't look ANYTHING alike!

So STOP with this fucking bullshit where you are ASSUMING people are not as intelligent as you are and they must be making simple mistakes. I would bet money that my iq is as high or higher than yours. You give off an arrogant vibe and seem to think you have simple explanations readily available for people's claims. That makes me suspect you are college age or a little older. That combined with your repeated statements itt about "if anyone ever took a psych 101 level course they would know better." MOTHERFUCKER I WAS A PSYCH MAJOR! I refrained from even replying to you much for awhile. But damn it your arrogance needs to be checked. So stfu already.

No need to get upset. It's not arrogance to say the idea that reality is shifting instead of people having a faulty memory is a bit silly, because it is. I haven't really been rude to anyone, just pointing out the obvious and logical alternatives to wormholes and alternate dimensions. And I only took entry level psych, where all the concepts about memory I mentioned are clearly laid out and explained in detail.

So it's not about being arrogant that I took a psych 101 course, more just saying this is all stuff that can be debunked at the entry level. Which is 100% true. I'm also not the one going around making assumptions about people. I'm not college student age, I'm in my 30's so....

A brief search and reading a couple articles shows most people think sinbad was in a movie about a magical genie granting wishes for a couple of boys, called Shazam. Ok well the only movie like that released in that time period was a movie called Kazam with Shaq..... helping a couple of young boys by granting wishes

I you were a psych major then you know all the stuff I mentioned about memory itt is true. It's subjective, degrades over time, and is heavily influenced by other outside factors. These are all facts. No offense to anyone but believing there are alternate dimensions intertwining because people don't remember how a quote went or who was in a movie is..... well it's silly. If anyone comes of arrogant it's the people saying alternate realities are more realistic than simply forgetting or misremembering things that happened decades ago.

Also assuming people are forgetting things isn't suggesting in any way that they're stupid. People forget things or get details mixed up. From idiots to geniuses. That's just how memory works, has zero to do with intelligence. I think this is maybe where you're feeling insulted, like I'm saying you're an idiot if your memory is wrong. Well I'm not, nor did I mean to imply that.

No need to get upset. It's not arrogance to say the idea that reality is shifting instead of people having a faulty memory is a bit silly, because it is. I haven't really been rude to anyone, just pointing out the obvious and logical alternatives to wormholes and alternate dimensions. And I only took entry level psych, where all the concepts about memory I mentioned are clearly laid out and explained in detail.

So it's not about being arrogant that I took a psych 101 course, more just saying this is all stuff that can be debunked at the entry level. Which is 100% true. I'm also not the one going around making assumptions about people. I'm not college student age, I'm in my 30's so....

A brief search and reading a couple articles shows most people think sinbad was in a movie about a magical genie granting wishes for a couple of boys, called Shazam. Ok well the only movie like that released in that time period was a movie called Kazam with Shaq..... helping a couple of young boys by granting wishes

I you were a psych major then you know all the stuff I mentioned about memory itt is true. It's subjective, degrades over time, and is heavily influenced by other outside factors. These are all facts. No offense to anyone but believing there are alternate dimensions intertwining because people don't remember how a quote went or who was in a movie is..... well it's silly. If anyone comes of arrogant it's the people saying alternate realities are more realistic than simply forgetting or misremembering things that happened decades ago.

And you STILL give off a vibe of supreme arrogance and smugness that makes me think if I met you irl I would punch you in your fucking mouth.

Yeah I DO know it's true about memory being malleable and unreliable. If you read all my posts itt you can see that I've said as much and agreed with others saying as much. You'd also see that this thread is intended to encourage fun discussion and get people using their imaginations, for fun.

And yeah no shit there was a genie movie in 96 with Shaq called Shazaam. You took the time to look that up and thought you debunked our memories of the early 90's Sinbad movie. But what you SHOULD have done was taken the time to read the posts you quoted thoroughly before doing that. You would have seen that I talked about that Shaq movie. And that I thoroughly know the difference between that, and the movie I and others are remembering. And it is NOT the same movie.

PLEASE don't even reply to this just go the fuck away. I'm done talking to you. Just keep on thinking you know shit that most people don't and keep feeling superior. You clearly need to. I'm done talking to you about this.

Also assuming people are forgetting things isn't suggesting in any way that they're stupid. People forget things or get details mixed up. From idiots to geniuses. That's just how memory works, has zero to do with intelligence. I think this is maybe where you're feeling insulted, like I'm saying you're an idiot if your memory is wrong. Well I'm not, nor did I mean to imply that.

Ok then I apologize for taking it that way. But what you're not understanding is that you ARE insulting our intelligence, if it it's unintentionally.

Do you remember shit that came out when you were 13? Do you remember shit that came out when you were 18? Do you really think you would ever confuse those 2 time frames? Not to mention the culture of the mid 90's and the early 90's was radically different. Early 90's was lots of neon colored clothes, parachute pants, In Living Color, that kind of shit. That is SO different than 1996.

I very clearly remember the Shaq movie. Like I said, I remember my senior year of high school very well. And this Sinbad movie is NOT....THAT.....

So you haven't debunked that. I can't make you understand it, but you are just going to have to take my word for it. It was not the Shaq movie. That is not what people are remembering.

And you STILL give off a vibe of supreme arrogance and smugness that makes me think if I met you irl I would punch you in your fucking mouth.

Yeah I DO know it's true about memory being malleable and unreliable. If you read all my posts itt you can see that I've said as much and agreed with others saying as much. You'd also see that this thread is intended to encourage fun discussion and get people using their imaginations, for fun.

And yeah no shit there was a genie movie in 96 with Shaq called Shazaam. You took the time to look that up and thought you debunked our memories of the early 90's Sinbad movie. But what you SHOULD have done was taken the time to read the posts you quoted thoroughly before doing that. You would have seen that I talked about that Shaq movie. And that I thoroughly know the difference between that, and the movie I and others are remembering. And it is NOT the same movie.

PLEASE don't even reply to this just go the fuck away. I'm done talking to you. Just keep on thinking you know shit that most people don't and keep feeling superior. You clearly need to. I'm done talking to you about this.

Ok how you can be so hostile and aggressive over a somewhat silly conversation and feel like you're on the moral high ground is interesting. Don't think I've ever threatened someone physically on this site and I've had people say some pretty disgusting shit to me.

I know you think there was a different Sinbad genie movie. A number of people do. Sinbad was never in such a movie and confirms this himself, so yeah you guys are remembering wrong. Possibly confusing the Shaq movie and possibly something else. People have scoured the internet looking for a sinbad genie movie and it doesn't exist. So no, it's not like I didn't look into what you're saying.

You need to learn how to handle someone disagreeing with you in a more adult manner You're coming off extremely childish itt. I've never been anything but polite to you and don't deserve to be spoken to in this way. If you assault everyone in a convo irl that disagrees with you, then you're a multiple time felon by now. More likely that you want to feel like an internet tough guy, which is also pretty immature.

A real man can back his argument without threatening to beat someone up like were in junior high, with actual logic. Hint: if we had this conversation irl you wouldn't throw a punch. You'd sit there with your teeth clenched fuming like a small child, the way you're doing now. Stop pretending you're Chuck Norris. Have a good one.

Ok then I apologize for taking it that way. But what you're not understanding is that you ARE insulting our intelligence, if it it's unintentionally.

Do you remember shit that came out when you were 13? Do you remember shit that came out when you were 18? Do you really think you would ever confuse those 2 time frames? Not to mention the culture of the mid 90's and the early 90's was radically different. Early 90's was lots of neon colored clothes, parachute pants, In Living Color, that kind of shit. That is SO different than 1996.

I very clearly remember the Shaq movie. Like I said, I remember my senior year of high school very well. And this Sinbad movie is NOT....THAT.....

So you haven't debunked that. I can't make you understand it, but you are just going to have to take my word for it. It was not the Shaq movie. That is not what people are remembering.

In the last thread about this I said I remember Berenstein not Berenstain, and I'm 100% sure the teenage mutant ninja turtles show didn't go on until I was nearly an adult. But those things happened, so alternate realities or my memory was wrong. My memory being wrong is more likely but it feels wrong.

You'll see my other post isn't as neutral as this, but frankly you're being a big meanie head itt.

You'll see my other post isn't as neutral as this, but frankly you're being a big meanie head itt.

I apologized above. But what is irritating me about your posts itt, and you seem decent enough so I'm assuming you don't realize this, is that your posts come across as "well these people just don't understand how memory works, or how this works, or how that works, so I'll just explain it to them." That is condescending as fuck. Bro, EVERYBODY knows memory is fallible. You don't have to be a psych major to know that, we've ALL figured that out for ourselves through life experiences.

With this Sinbad movie thing especially, since that's what you and I are disagreeing about.....what I can't make you understand is that there is no way in hell (in my case at least) I am confusing that Shaq movie with the Sinbad movie. I remember clearly when the Shaq movie came out, because EVERYONE shit all over it. And I can't seem to make you understand that there is NO WAY IN HELL i would ever confuse Sinbad with Shaq.

You seem like you probably weren't old enough to remember the early 90's, but everybody knew Sinbad from A Different World. So we KNOW Sinbad pretty well. Sinbad is damn near white.

Explain to me why so many people would confuse Sinbad with a 7 foot tall, dark black, well known Shaquille O'neal.....with specifically the same person....a funny, near white, Sinbad? I can understand mixing people up, and remembering 1 movie having 1 star when it was actually somebody else. But everybody remembers it as SPECIALLY the comedian Sinbad. Nobody else....not Bill Duke or Carl Weathers, etc,......but Sinbad. How would anybody confuse Sinbad with Shaq? And why would it be specifically Sinbad ppl remember and no one else? Do you see what I'm saying?

^^

<{hfved}>

Nope , the Sinbad thing we remember was older like early 90s.

This video tries to explain the confusion, thing is I didnt have access to TNT so it makes no sense why I would remember Sinbad dressed in genie like costume.

I apologized above. But what is irritating me about your posts itt, and you seem decent enough so I'm assuming you don't realize this, is that your posts come across as "well these people just don't understand how memory works, or how this works, or how that works, so I'll just explain it to them." That is condescending as fuck. Bro, EVERYBODY knows memory is fallible. You don't have to be a psych major to know that, we've ALL figured that out for ourselves through life experiences.

With this Sinbad movie thing especially, since that's what you and I are disagreeing about.....what I can't make you understand is that there is no way in hell (in my case at least) I am confusing that Shaq movie with the Sinbad movie. I remember clearly when the Shaq movie came out, because EVERYONE shit all over it. And I can't seem to make you understand that there is NO WAY IN HELL i would ever confuse Sinbad with Shaq.

You seem like you probably weren't old enough to remember the early 90's, but everybody knew Sinbad from A Different World. So we KNOW Sinbad pretty well. Sinbad is damn near white.

Explain to me why so many people would confuse Sinbad with a 7 foot tall, dark black, well known Shaquille O'neal.....with specifically the same person....a funny, near white, Sinbad? I can understand mixing people up, and remembering 1 movie having 1 star when it was actually somebody else. But everybody remembers it as SPECIALLY the comedian Sinbad. Nobody else....not Bill Duke or Carl Weathers, etc,......but Sinbad. How would anybody confuse Sinbad with Shaq? And why would it be specifically Sinbad ppl remember and no one else? Do you see what I'm saying?

QFT

Not to mention Shaq being a huge star since before he even entered the NBA, I even remember the film Blue Chips were he met Penny before he was drafted by the Magic, so there is no chance Im mixing the two.

Well I think people know to a degree that memory is fallible, but I think if you study psychology, even at a basic level, it explains a lot more about how exactly memory degrades and why these mixups happen. For example before studying it I had a lot more of a tendency to accept repressed memory on faith. I mean why would people make that up? Then they go over how easy it is to introduce false memories and convince people they're real.

We're online and I have no way of knowing what someone studied and when. Imo though studying even entry level science and social sciences drastically changes how you look at some topics, and that's all I was trying to say.

Again I think you're taking it as I'm saying you're an idiot for confusing Shaq and Sinbad. I'm not though. Everyone has stuff like that happen. Maybe it's the skit he did with him in the genie costume.

I loved watching the Sinbad the Sailor movies growing up. Now that the other poster linked the youtube vid, I do have a vague memory of Sinbad hosting a movie marathon or something dressed as a genie. But is that legit? I dunno maybe, maybe it's the power of suggestion. There's no way to know.

Nope , the Sinbad thing we remember was older like early 90s.

This video tries to explain the confusion, thing is I didnt have access to TNT so it makes no sense why I would remember Sinbad dressed in genie like costume.

I understand people think the Sinbad movie was several years earlier, but I don't think people mixing up dates and time periods is that unbelievable. I spend a lot of time on wiki looking up movies, tv shows etc, and sometimes I run into something like the TMNT cartoon being on for 9 years, or a movie I could swear came out in 2002 came out in 1997. I've been on both sides of arguments like that, where someone eventually looks it up and sure enough someone is like 5 years off on when a movie was made and who was in it. It's interesting you didn't have the channel where the Sinbad thing originally aired, but it's possible you saw it somewhere else later or someone mentioned it and you forgot.

We really only hold a small fraction of the memories of all the conversations and experiences we've had. Also there could be alternate dimensions that are partially merging with ours, anything is theoretically possible. I just find it much more likely there is some other influence we're simply forgetting, as ultimately even people with great memories forget the vast majority of things they see or hear. We o

QFT

Not to mention Shaq being a huge star since before he even entered the NBA, I even remember the film Blue Chips were he met Penny before he was drafted by the Magic, so there is no chance Im mixing the two.

This is the part where I don't understand. People are so sure certain memories can't be incorrect, when people make both these kinds of mixups, but mixups about much more serious/traumatic memories that theoretically would be burned into your brain even more.

Memories blurring like this isn't at all unusual, I don't get how people can be so sure there's zero chance they're wrong. Unless they haven't studied how memory works, which is why I was bringing it up earlier. If people are familar with all that stuff, then they think they're immune to it, which makes no sense to me. Seems like the Mandela effect gains traction from people being so adamant they can't be wrong.

This is the part where I don't understand. People are so sure certain memories can't be incorrect, when people make both these kinds of mixups, but mixups about much more serious/traumatic memories that theoretically would be burned into your brain even more.

Memories blurring like this isn't at all unusual, I don't get how people can be so sure there's zero chance they're wrong. Unless they haven't studied how memory works, which is why I was bringing it up earlier. If people are familar with all that stuff, then they think they're immune to it, which makes no sense to me. Seems like the Mandela effect gains traction from people being so adamant they can't be wrong.

Im not believer on the Mandela effect and think there should be a logical explanation, but the whole mixing Shaq and Sinbad isnt it, people were aware of Shaq since he didnt made the Dream Team and he made a impact on the NBA when he broke backboards as a rookie and that was 93, no way to mix them with a movie that came years later when Shaq was one of the most popular people in the USA.

Maybe is the name Sinbad what makes people associate him with middle eastern characthers unconsciously, I dunno I really whant a satisfactory explanation.

Im not believer on the Mandela effect and think there should be a logical explanation, but the whole mixing Shaq and Sinbad isnt it, people were aware of Shaq since he didnt made the Dream Team and he made a impact on the NBA when he broke backboards as a rookie and that was 93, no way to mix them with a movie that came years later when Shaq was one of the most popular people in the USA.

Maybe is the name Sinbad what makes people associate him with middle eastern characthers unconsciously, I dunno I really whant a satisfactory explanation.

I don't think at the time you would, but many years later I think there's a greater chance. Eventually different events and places start to blend together in your mind. This is like 20 years after the mid 90's, that's a long time for a memory to degrade.

I don't think at the time you would, but many years later I think there's a greater chance. Eventually different events and places start to blend together in your mind. This is like 20 years after the mid 90's, that's a long time for a memory to degrade.

Not to confuse Sinbad with Shaq.

Back