This is the best video I've seen on the Mandela Effect. I'm a little creeped out right now

I'm sure you do, but in reality you believe in some batshit crazy things, and think youtube videos overrule hard science. I mean the earth is not flat and that's proven. I feel dumb even saying that it's so blatantly obvious.

Don't want to get into that with you yet again though, so don't post any of your youtube clips from some dude
I won't post any youtube clips don't worry. I'll ask you a simple question how is it possible that the Earth is spinning at 1,000 mph, rotating around the sun at 67,000 mph, while the galaxy itself is moving at over 490,000 mph and yet we still feel no motion?

http://earthsky.org/earth/why-cant-we-feel-earths-spin

Because the rate of movement is both constant and consistent.

This doesn't add up for a few reasons.

First off, I can feel the motion of a car and an elevator. People get motion sickness for a reason. You're attempting to tell me people won't get motion sickness from a globe moving at 1,000 mph but they will get motion sickness from simply riding in an elevator or in a car.

The article you posted says this:

Think about riding in a car or flying in a plane. As long as the ride is going smoothly, you can almost convince yourself you’re not moving. A jumbo jet flies at about 500 miles per hour (about 800 km per hour), or about half as fast as the Earth spins at its equator. But, while you’re riding on that jet, if you close your eyes, you don’t feel like you’re moving at all. And when the flight attendant comes by and pours coffee into your cup, the coffee doesn’t fly to the back of the plane. That’s because the coffee, the cup and you are all moving at the same rate as the plane.

One of the problems with this example is a jumbo jet has a shell and an airplane does NOT. Neither does a car or an elevator. The ball Earth is NOT enclosed by a protective shield therefore, for their example to be correct the shell of the plane would have to be removed and all of a sudden we can see that flying at 500 mph WOULD spill your coffee and would be quite unpleasant.

Another huge problem is the fact that the motion of the Earth is spinning is NOT the only motion. The Earth is also moving around the SUN at 67,000 mph. And it's also moving with the Milky Way galaxy at over 490,000 mph. The idea we would NOT feel these motions is just absurd.

Lastly, even if you could prove the Earth itself spins at a constant speed (you can't) how can you prove the rate speed the Earth moves around the Sun at 67,000 mph is constant? Also, how can you prove the speed of the Milky Way is moving at (over 490,000 mph) is constant? You can't prove any of these things. None of that matters any way because even if all those motions were constant no human being could survive moving at those speeds.

You're feeling changes in velocity in vehicles. Since the motion is constant there's nothing to feel. We're hurtling through space but every celestial body is hurtling through space, so it's relative. If the earth stopped moving suddenly or drastically increased or decreased in speed we would feel it.

Push the pedal to the metal from a stand still or push it at 110 mph in 6th gear in a low powered car, you are going to feel the acceleration motion in the first more than in the second even if you achieve a lower top speed.

Earth traveling at a ridiculos speed makes variation in speed a none factor cause any acceleration/decelaration is minimal , also there is no friction in empty space so you dont get the wind/road noise/clunky suspension/bad roads you will get in a car or turbulence in a plane.

Size of the Earth also cancels any friction there can be out there (its like driving over ants in a car).

You cant get motion sickness cause everithing stays relative to your position, its not like you can look to the side and .....Holy shit you are passing trees at XXXXXX mph.

Also we are not without a shell as atmosphere plays that role more or less.

Yeah i understand that and i think it probably is a factor. But it doesn't account for things like the berenstein bears spelling or ppl remembering 4 ppl in the jfk car instead of 6. But i do agree that hearing things repeated from 2nd and 3rd hand sources is likely a contributing factor in some examples

It's because people are are used to "Stein" in a name. Berenstein isn't too far from Frankenstein. Plus, there's suggestibility. They lead off by saying Berenstein. Hell, some people swear it was Bearenstein, or something like Beranstein or some other spelling if they're not given the Berenstein spelling first. JFK's car is just people being used to to cars with 2 rows of seats (unless it's something like an SUV, van or something like that). Things like that could be easily skipped over like double words.
LOL, I just skipped over them and I purposely put them in there. I wrote this paragraph, then left it there while watching some of the fights. I reread it later and I skipped over things I purposely placed in it. Twice... That's how easy it is for your brain to skip past things.

There is no way the c3p0 i had in 1984 had a silver leg. Not a fucking chance.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/12/15/anthony-daniels-c3po-star-wars/77341766/
Listen to the guy who played C-3PO. The silver leg reflected everything. Even the stills photographer didn't even realize it was silver at the time. It was something easy to miss.

There have been experiments done on false memories. Look at the 'lost in the mall' one or the hot air balloon one that I believe 50% of the people involved said they remembered something that never actually happened. I find it funny that some people will desperately cling to their false memories than admit that their memory is faulty.

You are starting to get on my damn nerves, Mike. If you read my post you just quoted, I clearly stated that I am NOT thinking of the Shaq genie movie, and I am POSITIVE on that. I graduated high school in 96, so I know that year. I am VERY certainly remembering something from the very early 90's, like 91 or 92. And since I was 18 in 96, and probably 13 or so when I remember this Sinbad movie, the difference in a person's life from 13 yrs old and 18 yrs old are enormous. So I definitely KNOW the difference between 1990 and 1996. And I also KNOW wtf Sinbad looked like, and wtf Shaq looked like, and those motherfuckers don't look ANYTHING alike!

So STOP with this fucking bullshit where you are ASSUMING people are not as intelligent as you are and they must be making simple mistakes. I would bet money that my iq is as high or higher than yours. You give off an arrogant vibe and seem to think you have simple explanations readily available for people's claims. That makes me suspect you are college age or a little older. That combined with your repeated statements itt about "if anyone ever took a psych 101 level course they would know better." MOTHERFUCKER I WAS A PSYCH MAJOR! I refrained from even replying to you much for awhile. But damn it your arrogance needs to be checked. So stfu already.

You're just conflating elements from different things. The Shaq movie is just a part of it (the similar name and the basic premise of the movie), then there's Sinbad, which can easily conjure up thoughts, whether subconsciously or not, of Sinbad the Sailor, which is connected to genies. Also, the actor Sinbad was in children's movies in the '90s (and there was the aforementioned thing where he hosted some of those Sinbad the Sailor movies dressed like a genie). Some have suggested the poster for Houseguest where he's coming out of a mailbox kind of like a genie coming out of a bottle.

houseguest.jpg

Seeing how memories are stored in the brain, it's easy to get things like this mixed up. If you think there was a Shazaam movie, then what was the cast? What happened in the movie? What are some specific scenes? Dialogue? Who was the director? Surely, something memorable must have happened in the movie if you remember it so well.

This thread got a bit off topic.

Anyhow, it is weird. I never knew c3po had a silver leg. Always thought that he was all gold.

And I remember it as Luke I ...

I still love this thread. Even if @Scyther is hijacking it with the flat earth thing. He's kinda like the KKK, you saying you agree with us is hurting our case and not helping. And that's not even a knock, I appreciate the fact that somebody can research something for hours on end and come to an unpopular conclusion.

Anyways, that has nothing to do with what I wanted to post. I can't help but look down on the people outright dismissing this as some other conspiracy theory that has no basis in truth and act like the case is closed and we are nutcases.
Human beings are forced by nature to believe their memories, even tho we completely understand that our memories have flaws and don't reflect the factual version of the events we think we are recalling. But even they know that us humans are barely scraping the understanding of human consciousness, just beginning to understand how a mind works. So if you're posting about the Shaq movie or along those lines... you didn't just miss the point, you're outright shooting in the wrong direction. So then when you follow up by acting like it's case closed and you "won" and this doesn't warrant discussion, the very fact that we are having this discussion proves you wrong. This isn't about explaining/proving that human memories are faulty, this is about a whole human event where people unrelated to each other share a stunningly similar memory. The similarity in itself is astonishing and warrants discussion.

wtf? I clearly remember Sinbad in a movie called Shazam. I looked up a couple sites claiming to have solved that Shazam mystery, and they said that it was because Sinbad dressed up like a genie in a 1994 tnt movie called Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. Well that's BULLSHIT because I clearly remember the name Shazam, and see Sinbad in it. And no, it wasn't Shaq's genie movie. It was before that. 1990-1992 sometime iirc.

I haven't heard about the movie actually not existing now. But that's crazy because it USED to exist, I'm fairly certain.

I am not surprised, infact I have yet to ask a single person around my age to name a movie starring Sinbad and they not immediately reply with "Shazam" or "That genie movie"

This is where confabulation starts to lose merit, although it most certainly does account for some of these misremeberances. However confabulation does not in anyway cause people unrealeted to remeber the same name of a movie.
I remeber the movie clearly,a boy his sister and a single father. Sinbad had his heart broken and couldn't do his magic all that good. Boy finds his Green stone (or genie lamp) inside of the garage at his new house. Sinbad shows up and tries to fulfill the boys request, that his father finds love. Sinbad then gets his mojo back...

Pretty much the gist of it.

The movie definitely exsisted I'm not misremeberances watching this.

Also somebody to and look at the Dell laptop logo and tell me that's not fucked up

I still love this thread. Even if @Scyther is hijacking it with the flat earth thing. He's kinda like the KKK, you saying you agree with us is hurting our case and not helping. And that's not even a knock, I appreciate the fact that somebody can research something for hours on end and come to an unpopular conclusion.

Anyways, that has nothing to do with what I wanted to post. I can't help but look down on the people outright dismissing this as some other conspiracy theory that has no basis in truth and act like the case is closed and we are nutcases.
Human beings are forced by nature to believe their memories, even tho we completely understand that our memories have flaws and don't reflect the factual version of the events we think we are recalling. But even they know that us humans are barely scraping the understanding of human consciousness, just beginning to understand how a mind works. So if you're posting about the Shaq movie or along those lines... you didn't just miss the point, you're outright shooting in the wrong direction. So then when you follow up by acting like it's case closed and you "won" and this doesn't warrant discussion, the very fact that we are having this discussion proves you wrong. This isn't about explaining/proving that human memories are faulty, this is about a whole human event where people unrelated to each other share a stunningly similar memory. The similarity in itself is astonishing and warrants discussion.

Imo it's not that people are nutcases, it's that they place far too much weight on other people also having an incorrect memory of something. We're all exposed to the same referential pop culture, where every popular phrase, movie, etc is dissected and repurposed a million different ways. Look at all the clips from the Simpsons alone that correspond to "Mandela effect" stuff.

It's not that we fully understand how our brain works, far from it. It's that this phenomenon falls under an area of brain function that we do understand pretty well. To me acknowledging that isn't the arrogant part. The arrogance is when people say "yeah I know peoples brains work this way, memory is highly corruptible and suggestible in this way, but I am immune to this effect.

No, no you are not. As far as we know to date, nobody is.

The arrogance is when people say "yeah I know peoples brains work this way, memory is highly corruptible and suggestible in this way, but I am immune to this effect.

This part is where we are stuck on different sides of this discussion. I clearly know that my memory could be way off. But when my memory is reinforced by a large amount of people and their memories actually have stunningly similar details, I can't help but wanna go down the rabbit hole and research it further. All "we" are saying is wait a minute, this isn't my delusion, it's clearly a mass delusion, what the fuck happened? I feel like your side wants to dismiss it like "there is no Sinbad genie movie, move along". Well, yeah we all know there is no Sinbad genie movie, we all got flabbergasted and looked into it. But I can't go on assuming that the fact that we all assumed there was one means nothing.

You're feeling changes in velocity in vehicles. Since the motion is constant there's nothing to feel. We're hurtling through space but every celestial body is hurtling through space, so it's relative. If the earth stopped moving suddenly or drastically increased or decreased in speed we would feel it.
You still haven't answered a ton of my questions and missed a few key points.

1. How can anyone survive moving at the speed of 67,000 mph (and that's just the speed the Earth moves around the sun.) That alone is illogical and requires explanation.

2. The Earth has no shell unlike an airplane or a car. Imagine an airplane without it's shell, we'd fell the motion without a doubt.

3. A planet was not made with ease and comfort of traveling in made it was created by a big bang according to modern science. So unlike a car or plane that's built specifically so people would not feel the speed they are going a rock in space is NOT built for comfort. Even still in car one can easily feel slight speed changes. You have to prove these balls of rock that were randomly created truly cannot slow down or change speed.

4. You because we're hurting through space it's all "relative" but I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. How exactly does this prevent someone from feeling the speed of the Earth moving at 67,000 mph?

This part is where we are stuck on different sides of this discussion. I clearly know that my memory could be way off. But when my memory is reinforced by a large amount of people and their memories actually have stunningly similar details, I can't help but wanna go down the rabbit hole and research it further. All "we" are saying is wait a minute, this isn't my delusion, it's clearly a mass delusion, what the fuck happened? I feel like your side wants to dismiss it like "there is no Sinbad genie movie, move along". Well, yeah we all know there is no Sinbad genie movie, we all got flabbergasted and looked into it. But I can't go on assuming that the fact that we all assumed there was one means nothing.

I think the area where we differ, is the number of people that believe something means absolutely nothing to me. Only the strength of the evidence and logic behind their belief.

Throughout history large groups of people have believed in various causes, theories, etc and been absolutely wrong. Appealing to numbers does nothing for me.

We know memory is highly malleable and subject to outside influence, so how do we know that hundreds of thousands or even millions of people aren't all thrown off by the same episode of law and order, the Simpsons, the same meme etc.

People say well it has to mean something that x amount of people think this or feel this etc. Not really, most of the population used to think the earth was flat. My argument is not that there ISN'T a mass delusion, but that mass delusions are not an extraordinary event.

Push the pedal to the metal from a stand still or push it at 110 mph in 6th gear in a low powered car, you are going to feel the acceleration motion in the first more than in the second even if you achieve a lower top speed.

Earth traveling at a ridiculos speed makes variation in speed a none factor cause any acceleration/decelaration is minimal , also there is no friction in empty space so you dont get the wind/road noise/clunky suspension/bad roads you will get in a car or turbulence in a plane.

Size of the Earth also cancels any friction there can be out there (its like driving over ants in a car).

You cant get motion sickness cause everithing stays relative to your position, its not like you can look to the side and .....Holy shit you are passing trees at XXXXXX mph.

Also we are not without a shell as atmosphere plays that role more or less.

1. Not sure what your point is here. Either way no matter how hard you push the pedal to the metal you'll never reach 67,000 mph. According to modern day science the Earth is rotating around the sun at 67,000 mph. Don't believe me look it up for yourself. Fact is no human being can survive that speed, you need to provide some reason we are even still alive. Side note: this is even the fastest speed we're moving at.

2. You say Earth traveling at incredible speeds is unimportant because any variation will me "minimal." What point you're trying to make here beyond me. What you need to try and do is explain how anyone can survive spinning at 1,000 mph, while rotating around the sun at 67,000 mph and the sun is moving through the galaxy at 45,000 mph. Oh and the milky way is moving at over 490,000 mph. Yet we feel NO motion at all.

I agree the any variation in speed wouldn't matter. We would FEEL the motion without a doubt even if the speed of the Earth decreased to 65,000 mph as opposed to 67,000 mph.

3. Here's the definition of motion sickness from a basic google search.

You get motion sickness when one part of your balance-sensing system (your inner ear , eyes, and sensory nerves) senses that your body is moving, but the other parts don't. For example, if you are in the cabin of a moving ship, your inner ear may sense the motion of waves, but your eyes don't see any movement.

https://www.google.com/#q=motion+sickness&*

So we know you don't need to see any movement to get motion sickness.

Now that that's out of the way, either way the speeds are so massive that it'd be impossible not to feel them especially when there is no barrier between space and the Earth's atmosphere. So do all human beings have the world record for fastest speed because they're on Earth? Think this through.

4. We are without a shell the atmosphere is gas not a shell. If the atmosphere is a shell then it should work the same for an airplane or a car. To add to that our "shell" the atmosphere is right next to an almost perfect vacuum called space yet none of the atmosphere is sucked out. Please do explain this.

I think the area where we differ, is the number of people that believe something means absolutely nothing to me. Only the strength of the evidence and logic behind their belief.

Throughout history large groups of people have believed in various causes, theories, etc and been absolutely wrong. Appealing to numbers does nothing for me.

We know memory is highly malleable and subject to outside influence, so how do we know that hundreds of thousands or even millions of people aren't all thrown off by the same episode of law and order, the Simpsons, the same meme etc.

People say well it has to mean something that x amount of people think this or feel this etc. Not really, most of the population used to think the earth was flat. My argument is not that there ISN'T a mass delusion, but that mass delusions are not an extraordinary event.
Ah, I know. And I actually know you're more reasonable than I am itt. I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all, I just feel like there is something at play here. I just can't concede, when other people's memories are eerily similar to mine it seems like more than a meme or The Simpsons as the root cause.

Slightly off topic, but those TMNT cartoons were around my whole childhood, I recorded them on VHS and watched them daily. You saying you feel like they came out later throws me off, but I can dismiss it. But if there were a million people also thinking that, I'd give it another thought. That's why this is my conspiracy theory. Too many people saying too many things that are too close to home.

Wow, I'm a conspiracy theorist now. Go figure.

But I ain't confusing Sinbad with Shaq. I'm an NBA fanboy, my memories are completely separate.

Ah, I know. And I actually know you're more reasonable than I am itt. I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all, I just feel like there is something at play here. I just can't concede, when other people's memories are eerily similar to mine it seems like more than a meme or The Simpsons as the root cause.

Slightly off topic, but those TMNT cartoons were around my whole childhood, I recorded them on VHS and watched them daily. You saying you feel like they came out later throws me off, but I can dismiss it. But if there were a million people also thinking that, I'd give it another thought. That's why this is my conspiracy theory. Too many people saying too many things that are too close to home.

Wow, I'm a conspiracy theorist now. Go figure.

But I ain't confusing Sinbad with Shaq. I'm an NBA fanboy, my memories are completely separate.

I understand why people think I come off as arrogant/a douche in these threads. Because I'm forced into the role of the skeptic. The skeptic often comes off as a holier than thou douche, but that isn't my goal.

The reason I take that approach is I'm rather attracted to mystical thinking myself, because of certain experiences I've had. I want to believe in something mysterious and exciting out there so bad, because day to day life is fucking boring. But once you treat all ideas as equal regardless of evidence, you start losing your logic. I don't want to be a blind follower.

Ultimately X amount of people beleiving in something, anything, means jack shit unless they can back up that belief with logic and evidence. Because we're tribal creatures, and we flock together. We also operate on instincts, and like to fill in the gaps with intuition. Those are good attributes in some cases, but they also lead to group think far too often. If a million people believe something, ok why do they believe it. Because far greater numbers than that believe in some truly stupid shit. They did a study that revealed that more than half of Americans believe everyone has a guardian angel watching over them and protecting them. And that..... is just dumb as fuck. Absolutely no evidence of that.

Part of why I'm not into religion. "We believe in this because it's, like, really old and stuff" Cool doesn't matter not evidence, not logical.. "Well we believe in this, and most people on earth believe in it! Numbers are on our side so we must be right!" Ok, again not logic and not evidence. Imo the first step in investigation is removing emotion, removing logical fallacies like ad populum and appeal to age. Shit ain't true because it's old, and shit ain't true because x amount of people believe in it with zero evidence.

There is no way the c3p0 i had in 1984 had a silver leg. Not a fucking chance.
I just went back and watched my VHS copy and fuck me C3po has a silver leg haha how have I never known.

https://goo.gl/images/lwcWUg
Getting back to the human skeleton changes, which to me are pretty odd, the ribcage is waaay different then it was as a child growing up. Don't believe me? Go back and watch those fundraiser commericals that used to run late at night. You can see how much it has all changed. If you remeber the bottom couple of ribs would stick out over the sort of swelled belly. Now what you see is nothing like that as all. The ribcage remains flat and angled up meeting perfectly with the navel of the kids.
Just think about it for a moment, then go you tube old commericals, it will be odd as fuck

Back