This is the best video I've seen on the Mandela Effect. I'm a little creeped out right now

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Yeah I know it's an hour and a half long, and I know most of you won't watch the whole thing. I did, and it was very interesting. But the first 20 mins or so have THE best examples I've ever seen on the subject. I'm legitimately a little bit freaked out right now. I've always thought it was fun to think about and was probably due to the way memory works. But this video goes deeper into well known examples than I've seen before. Like the one classic one in Star Wars. Everybody remembers it as "Luke I am your father." And now it's "No, I'm your father." Well whoever put this vid together actually found 2 old interviews with James Earl Jones where he talks about that line, and even says the line in Vader voice, and he says it as "Luke I am your father." The guy who read the script and said the iconic line, remembers it the same way most of us do. But apparently in this reality it was never that way.

Another one I hadn't heard of, is about C3PO's leg being silver. Just one leg, silver colored. They have pics and even toys of him like that, and I don't remember him ever being that way originally.

At the very end of the video, a guy talks about the line in Forrest Gump being "mama always said life is like a box of chocolates" being changed to the way it is today, which is "mama always said life WAS like a box of chocolates." I remembered it being "is" like most people do, but I never had a big problem with that one, because Forrest is talking in the past tense when he says the line. Anyway, this guy actually found some behind the scenes footage where Forrest says it the right, original way. That footage still exists. Just apparently in THIS reality, it wasn't the edit that made it into the movie.

Anyway, I think the Mandela Effect is interesting and fun to think about. But like I said, this video has honestly creeped me out some, and now I'm not so sure it's just our memory playing tricks on us. Time travel? CERN? Another dimension? If the Mandela thing IS real (not absolutely saying it is but for the sake of argument), then something has definitely happened and it's changed everything.

<{CMPALM}>

Why cant anyone ever make a thread on aliens or a cool conspiracy like Atlantis?

It always has to be the stupidest ones

Does anybody remember there being 6 people in the car that JFK got shot in? They show footage of it, and there are 6 people. And it looks weird. I always remembered it being 4 people.

And I would swear there used to be a bible verse about "the lion will lay with the lambs." But apparently it never existed. It's "the wolf will lay with the lambs." But in this video, they found lots of pics and artwork that people had done based on that original line, and there are lots of paintings of lions with lambs. That one really stood out to me because I can clearly remember it being lion, not wolf.

Anyway, the video has a segment where a speaker does a presentation on quantum computers and how they work. And it's crazy. It's a legit speaker at some sort of silicon valley conference, it's not some youtuber or anything. It's a guy that works in a company that makes these things. And he describes them as basically working in multiple dimensions at the same time. And they have them up and running right now. What was really creepy about his speech is that he gave 3 predictions at the end of his presentation. 1 was that in the next 5 years (I think the presentation must have been from a few years back), nasa would discover an Earthlike planet. And that his company's quantum computers would help solve the problems on how to get there. And if you remember, just a couple weeks ago they found several earthlike planets all in one solar system.

OH, the one that probably creeped me out the most. Apparently a lot of people remember a large land mass being off the western coast of Australia. Nobody can remember the name of the island, but a lot of people seem to remember it. But it's not on any maps anymore.

well this video found a clip from the movie Dazed and Confused, and they are looking at a globe in the library, and IT SHOWS A GIANT ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF AUSTRALIA! They show that pic @17:43

We were hoping you wouldn't notice. Now we will have to take steps.

Anyone remember Agent Mulder's Hair?

I swear there have been a couple Mandela Effect threads in the past.

Mandela Effect?

Of course it can't be people not remembering things well can it? I mean it it's bound to be a "quantum effect" caused by CERN.

Good grief. The stupidity never ends.

An hour and a half of badly edit crap.

OH, the one that probably creeped me out the most. Apparently a lot of people remember a large land mass being off the western coast of Australia. Nobody can remember the name of the island, but a lot of people seem to remember it. But it's not on any maps anymore.

well this video found a clip from the movie Dazed and Confused, and they are looking at a globe in the library, and IT SHOWS A GIANT ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF AUSTRALIA! They show that pic @17:43
Go on? Im 38 aussie and never heard about this nor thought there was a land mass off WA

Go on? Im 38 aussie and never heard about this nor thought there was a land mass off WA

I never remembered seeing one there either, but I'm american so I don't really know that area. But it's weird that they show a clip from Dazed and Confused and there's a globe with a giant island on it right where people remember seeing it.

Of course it can't be people not remembering things well can it? I mean it it's bound to be a "quantum effect" caused by CERN.

Good grief. The stupidity never ends.

An hour and a half of badly edit crap.

Of course it can be a memory issue. It's more fun to speculate about time travel and quantum mechanics, etc. But if it is just a memory issue, it's still interesting and should be studied and figured out. Because it's a mass issue, with people remembering the exact same false things. So either way, interesting in my opinion.

Of course it can be a memory issue. It's more fun to speculate about time travel and quantum mechanics, etc. But if it is just a memory issue, it's still interesting and should be studied and figured out. Because it's a mass issue, with people remembering the exact same false things. So either way, interesting in my opinion.

It's not just it CAN be a memory issue, it IS a memory issue. There's not doubt about that.

People have studied false memory in a fair bit of detail. There is plenty of proper research demonstrating how easy it is to for false memories to created in individuals and groups.
It's only because that stupid "paranormal consultant" Fiona Broome decided to come up with some idiotic explanation that people even started talking about it in such terms.

False memory is interesting. Baseless speculation by uninformed crackpots about alternate realities, quantum physics and CERN isn't. They might have been 20 years ago but not now we know that a large chunk the population is terminally ignorant and will believe any nonsense the internet feeds them - that particular phenomenon moved from interesting to annoying/alarming a long time ago.

It's a glitch in the Matrix.
Anyway, can we do anything about it? Probably not, so why worry? :)

It's not just it CAN be a memory issue, it IS a memory issue. There's not doubt about that.

You seem very convinced your opinion is right. And I find that ignorant. Not because you're necessarily wrong. But because your rationale seems to be simply "because any other explanation is stupid." And the fact that you don't see the hypocrisy in that, while being so convinced of your superior intellect, it's just fun to watch. :D

That being said, it probably is a memory issue. But just for fun, don't you believe in parallel universes? Science says they are likely real. Are you certain time travel is a complete impossibility, both now and in the distant future? A lot of scientists aren't. Are you certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that we don't exist in a simulation? Do you understand the nuts and bolts of how reality really works?

not now we know that a large chunk the population is terminally ignorant

i can see that

I think some of them are because the movie changed over time, such as the original Snow white saying magic mirror on the wall but later versions saying mirror mirror on the wall or when they edited out the scare crow with a gun in different versions of the wizard of OZ... Another reason could be other movies that you grew up with, such as tommy boy, using "luke I am your father" because maybe they couldnt use the real line because they didnt want to pay the rights ..

So if people growing up saw it in that movie they just assume thats what was in the original ....
Also humans are always looking for shortcuts... so saying " Interview with a vampire" just caught on with people instead of saying "the vampire" ..saying "interview with a vampire" quickly doesnt sound much different than "interview with the vampire" So people never really corrected it and it caught on I guess.

I think some of them are because the movie changed over time, such as the original Snow white saying magic mirror on the wall but later versions saying mirror mirror on the wall or when they edited out the scare crow with a gun in different versions of the wizard of OZ... Another reason could be other movies that you grew up with, such as tommy boy, using "luke I am your father" because maybe they couldnt use the real line because they didnt want to pay the rights ..

So if people growing up saw it in that movie they just assume thats what was in the original ....
Also humans are always looking for shortcuts... so saying " Interview with a vampire" just caught on with people instead of saying "the vampire" ..saying "interview with a vampire" quickly doesnt sound much different than "interview with the vampire" So people never really corrected it and it caught on I guess.

Yeah on some of these I fully believe that's the case. Like an example they used in the video was of Silence of the Lambs when Clarice first meets Lecter. People remember him saying "Hello Clarice" really creepily. But it's not in the movie. I remember him saying that in the sequel, Hannibal, when he's talking to Clarice on the phone. I think that's what people are remembering there.

But, with the one about the large island off the coast of Australia. I personally never remembered that being there, but I don't know that area. But, it's really weird that they found a clip from Dazed and Confused that has a globe that clearly shows a giant island right where people remembered seeing it. That one is really weird. That one and a few others are hard to explain away.

Back