The War Room Bet Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny because I really think that GDP is inherently unpredictable, but this will be the second bet I've made on it (the other one predates this thread, when Greoric predicted growth would be negative in 2015). Just reflects how cults in Greoric's case or partisanship in SBJJ's melts people's brains.

Too bad the Trumpsters were attacking me in that thread. Lol! Yea, I’m a huge partisan who gets attacked by both sides.

Keep talking. I predict after 3rd qtr we will already know you lost this bet

Too bad the Trumpsters were attacking me in that thread. Lol! Yea, I’m a huge partisan who gets attacked by both sides.

Keep talking. I predict after 3rd qtr we will already know you lost this bet

Other than partisanship, what are you basing your projection on?

It's funny because I really think that GDP is inherently unpredictable, but this will be the second bet I've made on it (the other one predates this thread, when Greoric predicted growth would be negative in 2015). Just reflects how cults in Greoric's case or partisanship in SBJJ's melts people's brains.

I think your bet with mcveteran was the best. My father constantly said Obama wasn't going to leave office no matter how close it came to the end of his term. I still make fun of him for it.

1. The exact statement the bet is premised upon
2. Stance each poster is taking in regards to the statement
3. The date the bet will be decided
4. The reward/punishment for the winner/loser
5. The duration of the reward/punishment before I will post it.
6 (OPTIONAL) A situation which makes the bet void that isn't clear with the content in 1 & 2. This needs to be very clear if included.
Once, you both are in agreement, tag me so I can add it.

@Jack V Savage v. @SBJJ
1. Commerce Department's second estimate for 2018 Real GDP growth will be 2.90% or lower
2. Jack V- For, SBJJ- Against
3. Tentatively end of February 2019 (Will update once scheduled on BEA website)
4. Signature bet
5. 3 months
6. We will be able to pull the result from here: https://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/news_release_sort_national.htm

I need each of you to quote this with an okay before it's finalized. If you see something that needs adjusted, let me know so we can get this done.

@Jack V Savage v. @SBJJ
1. Commerce Department's second estimate for 2018 Real GDP growth will be 2.90% or lower
4. Signature bet
5. 3 months
6. We will be able to pull the result from here: https://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/news_release_sort_national.htm

I need each of you to quote this with an okay before it's finalized. If you see something that needs adjusted, let me know so we can get this done.

OK

I think your bet with mcveteran was the best. My father constantly said Obama wasn't going to leave office no matter how close it came to the end of his term. I still make fun of him for it.

mcveteran made that bet?

That's disappointing. He always seemed pretty reasonable and self-aware compared to the rest of the center-right.

mcveteran made that bet?

That's disappointing. He always seemed pretty reasonable and self-aware compared to the rest of the center-right.

Yea, you can find it in the OP. Something about Obama refusing to leave and that he'd call for a state of emergency or something.

@Jack V Savage v. @SBJJ
4. Signature bet
5. 3 months

@SBJJ

I still need an okay from you to finalize the bet.

@Jack V Savage

Let's have a bet on this:

Robert Mueller's investigation will not conclude that Trump attempted to offer US policy concessions to Russia in exchange for access to the hacked DNC e-mails.

@Jack V Savage v. @SBJJ
4. Signature bet
5. 3 months

Ok

@Jack V Savage v. @SBJJ
4. Signature bet
5. 3 months

its-time-gif-6.gif

There are currently 10 open bets and only one probable gets decided in 2018. That waiting game.

1. Roger Stone will be indicted and convicted on at least one charge brought by Robert Mueller's team.
2. @andnowweknow - for, @waiguoren- against
3. At the conclusion of Stone's trial, if it happens. If not, at the end of the Mueller investigation.
4. Sig bet
5. 10 months

@Lead

I'm good with this.

Last edited:
1. Roger Stone will be indicted and convicted on at least one charge brought by Robert Mueller's team.
2. @andnowweknow - for, @waiguoren- against
3. At the conclusion of Stone's trial, if it happens. If not, at the end of the Mueller investigation.
4. Sig bet
5. 10 months

@Lead

I'm good with this.

Format looks fine to me. @andnowweknow, I just need an okay from you to make it official.

It's the red dress run today so there are about a hundred dudes in red dresses and this hick tourist is terrified lol.

(Everyone wears red dresses for the run)

There are refs for signing bets now?

Respect all, fear none, my pride is everything... Nas

In.

I think people still do them unofficially. This is just a thread to make it public and decided outside of the bet particpants.

By in, are you saying you accept the bet?

It's the red dress run today so there are about a hundred dudes in red dresses and this hick tourist is terrified lol.

(Everyone wears red dresses for the run)

You're drunk. Go home (WR Lounge)

Status
Not open for further replies.