The War on Planned Parenthood.

HE is correct and YOU are wrong. He is absolutely correct. At one point in history, blacks were not considered to be human beings just like unborn humans are not today. The comparison is apt and DOES apply.

The only one insane here is YOU and your refusal to acknowledge facts, reason, or COMMON SENSE.

And yes, an oak IS a tree for all of the obtuse thinkers out there.

No, his assertion that blacks were not considered human is correct. His false equivocation is incorrect. Africans have moral consideration, willed volition, cognitive capability, and fit all criteria of being both human and person. Fetus does not.

You have to know reason and logic to utilize reason and logic. "Common sense" is shorthand for "I don't want to take the time to use reason".

Also, it is NOT a tree, you absolute goof. It's a potential tree.

Alright first of all, we just became best friends because you're able to further discourse.... a true rarity outside of tight-knit debate and intellectual circles in my general area. And we're on Sherdog, so I'm not setting the bar at fully flushed boolean logic equations or anything of that sort, obviously (nor should you). So no worries there. This is a ramble forum, to be sure.

Second, I'm still going to hold you to your error in assumption that at conception = human life because you noted "most fertilized eggs". An approx 50% of pregnancy ends up in miscarriage, and while I do not utilize this as a "that's why we should allow abortion", it does weaken your argument for "most fertilized eggs", as this is just natural basic miscarriage.

You also utilize a false equivocation and red herring of the inconsistency of government morality with the 100-year-old murder victim. Not only is this nowhere cohesive to my stance, but the 100-year-old person is just that.... a person. My position is that the fetus is not a person, nor can it be described as human (bearing in mind that I do believe there is a "too late to abort" threshhold, as does our government barring any health concerns for the mother).

To be wholly honest you're going to fall very short at your initial claim when arguing against my point: Human Life cannot be taken, and Fetus is a human life. Also, not to get knit-picky but you appealed to authority after your assumption.... but to be fair I utilized a fallacy in my own construct so we'll call it even. .

As I have stated, it is a potential human life, and holds the same potential as a sperm and an egg. So until you can actualize the fetus as human (which I would assert you cannot) and separate it from it's potential status, your argument remains impotent (no pun intended). More important, and what the governmental moral standard is: Impeding on the mother, who is certainly a human and a person, for the sake of a potential human and person, is inconsistent with human rights.

While brevity has now been lost and I truly must start work, I'll point again to the cake analogy once again. You have a combination of ingredients, and when them together is when you can create a cake. This is the requirement of a cake, in fact, and each ingredient alone cannot produce the cake. However, this batter is only a potential cake. If you place it in the oven for, say two minutes, and then remove the batter.... it is not a cake still. There is no cake. There is batter, "aborted". Now surely I have conflated the complexity of human biology quite a bit, but at the very least, even if you do not agree, you can likely grasp my argument.

Now, since we've found our crux of disagreement, let me divulge my stance on abortion: I believe society is woefully uneducated on this matter. I believe it is a serious issue that deserves proper education. Women and men should not be flippant about it, nor should it be an automatic option for an unwanted child. However I find in many cases of its use, it is a positive option that allows the flourishing of the actor's life as well as the life of his/her immediate family and loved ones. I find careless abortions to be a true outlier statistic and which can be lessened with proper education. As someone that volunteers with at-risk youth, I have had the misfortune/fortune of sitting with young men and women on 4 different occasions when unwanted pregnancy was a reality. Twice it was due to rape/sexual assault. Once it was carelessness between two people who did not really know each other. Once it was a couple who had been dating for years. In all cases I discussed with each of them the options, and noted abortion as one such option. Only once was there a conversation about as an "almost necessary" option. Never was it considered an easy choice or a wanted result.
Very well said. I understand your argument and our opinions don't diverge very much.This topic has been discussed at length by people much more intelligent than myself.

I suspect we are in agreement that there is no single 'correct' assertion regarding the exact moment human life begins. What we can do, and what the government attempts to do, is identify a measurable point of delineation and set forth the law based on that.

Interestingly, you did present a curiously inconsistent opinion here (in bold) :
My position is that the fetus is not a person, nor can it be described as human (bearing in mind that I do believe there is a "too late to abort" threshhold, as does our government barring any health concerns for the mother)

Why is the fetus too late to abort? A lot of miscarriages occur during the act of childbirth, so it's not like it's an ACTUAL human yet. It's still a POTENTIAL human. Which is nothing more than cake batter, no?

So why are protecting cake batter, my friend? Sure, it might be cake batter in the oven, but there's no guarantee it's not going to be burnt to a crisp. You did go out of your way to make this statement, so I'm assuming you'll have a well-reasoned answer.

Why not just protect all fetuses?

And btw, very much enjoying reading your opinions.

HE is correct and YOU are wrong. He is absolutely correct. At one point in history, blacks were not considered to be human beings just like unborn humans are not today. The comparison is apt and DOES apply.

The only one insane here is YOU and your refusal to acknowledge facts, reason, or COMMON SENSE.

And yes, an oak IS a tree for all of the obtuse thinkers out there.
Both of them are correct, in a sense. I appreciate your contribution here as well!

But @MilesAbove is not stupid and he certainly does use sensible arguments. I disagree with you very much, with regards to that assertion, at least.

I don't think some people want their tax dollars being spent on murdering the most innocent.

It isnt murder to abort before the kid is formed simpleton

Also a whole lot of folks dont want tax dollars going to all kinds of things they find immoral why should the pro lifers get special treatment

Very well said. I understand your argument and our opinions don't diverge very much.This topic has been discussed at length by people much more intelligent than myself.

I suspect we are in agreement that there is no single 'correct' assertion regarding the exact moment human life begins. What we can do, and what the government attempts to do, is identify a measurable point of delineation and set forth the law based on that.

Interestingly, you did present a curiously inconsistent opinion here (in bold) :

Why is the fetus too late to abort? A lot of miscarriages occur during the act of childbirth, so it's not like it's an ACTUAL human yet. It's still a POTENTIAL human. Which is nothing more than cake batter, no?

So why are protecting cake batter, my friend? Sure, it might be cake batter in the oven, but there's no guarantee it's not going to be burnt to a crisp. You did go out of your way to make this statement, so I'm assuming you'll have a well-reasoned answer.

Why not just protect all fetuses?

And btw, very much enjoying reading your opinions.

I think our only argument is the timeline set... which is a fair discussion to have but will ultimately fall back onto what we've already found... depends on some moral assertions.

And to your concern on my inconsistency, there's a long argument for why I'd set the timeline parameter at a certain point, having to do with frontal-lobe, prefrontal cortex activity, connective nervous system to the brain, and so forth. There is a point when a fetus becomes what can be described as autonomous and holding the necessary parameters of human. This is important in my moral distinction because my argument is based on cell-collections, zygote, and early fetuses not possessing such factors.

And to the cake, the point lies much in the same (albeit a well-conflated argument because, again, trying to boil it down to a very simple analogy to save at least some breath). The batter is not a cake. And to try and clumsily tie it into my previous argument--as it is an imperfect analogy that we can either discuss or not--if the batter has risen and fluffed, we can then say taking it out and discarding it is in fact "aborting a cake". But if we do so 2-3 minutes after placing it in the oven.... we have only "aborted a cake" in the sense that a possible cake was not given opportunity to come to possible fruition. And herein lies a problem of conflated language (I'm using the word conflated a lot). You have "aborted a cake" only in the sense of potential, and not "thrown away a cake", as it did not hold the properties of cake... only the building blocks of cake.

Another analogy is the bridge analogy (albeit still imperfect as I am sure to miss some qualifiers as I speedily type this on my lunch break). A pile of wood and nails is not a bridge. When the base of both ends is built, you still have no bridge. If planks are set but the connections are not aligned and set, you still have no bridge. If you were to stop at the base or partial planks and then tear it down... you have not torn down a bridge. The potential bridge was aborted. Only if it can act as a bridge and hold the necessary qualifications of the bridge, can it then be rightly claimed as "a bridge torn down". You would have to make a literal leap (pun of logical leaps) to utilize it as a bridge at all. And therein lies my argument against the assertion that an aborted fetus is equivalent to a killing a person.

I dont know if this was mentioned or not but the object of planned parenthood initially was to reduce the population of African Americans.... which is why clinics are in every inner city. Margaret Sanger called blacks and others undesirables... human weeds. She was a eugenicist

"Birth control is not contraception indiscriminately and thoughtlessly practiced. It means the release and cultivation of the better racial elements in our society, and the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extirpation of defective stocks— those human weeds which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

I dont know if this was mentioned or not but the object of planned parenthood initially was to reduce the population of African Americans.... which is why clinics are in every inner city. Margaret Sanger called blacks and others undesirables... human weeds. She was a eugenicist

"Birth control is not contraception indiscriminately and thoughtlessly practiced. It means the release and cultivation of the better racial elements in our society, and the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extirpation of defective stocks— those human weeds which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

FFS, you guys have to stop just believing your bad intel.

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallp...thood-started-to-control-the-black-population
"In 2014, the Guttmacher Institute, a reproductive health research center, surveyed all known abortion providers, including Planned Parenthood clinics, in the U.S. (nearly 2,000) and found that 60 percent are in majority-white neighborhoods."

"Sanger's birth control movement did have support in black neighborhoods, beginning in the '20s when there were leagues in Harlem started by African-Americans. Sanger also worked closely with NAACP founder W.E.B. DuBois on a "Negro Project," which she viewed as a way to get safe contraception to African-Americans."

"Her attitude toward African-Americans can certainly be viewed as paternalistic, but there is no evidence she subscribed to the more racist ideas of the time or that she coerced black women into using birth control. In fact, for her time, as the Washington Post noted, "she would likely be considered to have advanced views on race relations.""

http://www.politifact.com/new-hamps...rgaret-sanger-believe-african-americans-shou/

"Claims like this have been examined by PolitiFact before. Back in March, New Hampshire Rep. William O’Brien claimed Sanger was an "an active participant in the Ku Klux Klan." That claim was rated false.

And in 2011, businessman and GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain said Planned Parenthood’s early mission was to "help kill black babies before they came into the world." That statement was rated Pants on Fire."

"Sanger was indeed a believer in eugenics, but the basic concept that humanity could be improved by selective breeding was an article of faith for many in the years before World War II. Winston Churchill, Herbert Hoover, Theodore Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw and H. G. Wells all supported the movement. African-American leader W. E. B. Du Bois backed many of its principles as well."

I heard that a lot of Democrats were pissed when a guy ran as a Democrat for the mayoral race in Omaha, Nebraska, and even Bernie campaigned for him, but he was "anti-choice".

What's so bad about this Heath Mello guy anyway? Well, one of their main objections seems to be that during his time as a state senator in Nebraska he sponsored a 20 week abortion ban.

Why Is the DNC Embracing an Aggressively Anti-Choice Democrat?
Apr 20, 2017, 1:11pm Ally Boguhn

Heath Mello has sponsored a range of anti-choice measures, including a 20-week abortion ban. He was previously endorsed by anti-choice group Nebraska Right to Life.

Mello is a sponsor of the final version of a 20-week abortion ban approved by the governor in 2010, and cast anti-choice votes in favor of requiring physicians to be physically present for an abortion in order toimpede access to telemedicine abortion care, and a law banning insurance plans in the state from covering abortions. He has previously been endorsed by anti-choice group Nebraska Right to Life.

The Daily Kos, which describes itself as “a news organization, community, and activist hub,” pulled its endorsement of Mello after revelations about the Democrat’s stance on abortion. The site said it had been unaware of Mello’s anti-choice stance, but that “as soon as we learned this information, we withdrew our endorsement, because this legislation clearly runs contrary to Daily Kos’ deepest values, including our support for women’s reproductive rights and our staunch opposition to laws that in any way impede women’s access to reproductive health care.”

https://rewire.news/article/2017/04/20/why-is-dnc-embracing-aggressively-anti-choice-democrat/

At 20 weeks that isn't a fuckin "cluster of cells" - that's your baby that you're killing. You know if it's a boy or a girl already by that point, how the hell could anyone want to go to a doctor and have them murder their child in the womb like that? Unless it was for some medical reason to save the mother's life. It's sickening to me, that sponsoring a bill outlawing such a disgusting practice should be some kind of black mark on your record, that somehow means you're not "progressive" enough to run as a Dem. What a fucked up world we live in.

Why is planned parenthood even necessary? Wait until you are married or at least in a very committed relationship before having sex. Be responsible when it comes to using protection. Wait until you have a steady incoming before having children.

The problem is a bad attitude towards sex. If people actually listened to what the Church taught and took sex seriously instead of seeing it as a trivial recreational activity, then there would be far less problems surrounding sexual health and unwanted children.

I will also add that life begins at conception.

I heard that a lot of Democrats were pissed when a guy ran as a Democrat for the mayoral race in Omaha, Nebraska, and even Bernie campaigned for him, but he was "anti-choice".

What's so bad about this Heath Mello guy anyway? Well, one of their main objections seems to be that during his time as a state senator in Nebraska he sponsored a 20 week abortion ban.

Why Is the DNC Embracing an Aggressively Anti-Choice Democrat?
Apr 20, 2017, 1:11pm Ally Boguhn

Heath Mello has sponsored a range of anti-choice measures, including a 20-week abortion ban. He was previously endorsed by anti-choice group Nebraska Right to Life.

https://rewire.news/article/2017/04/20/why-is-dnc-embracing-aggressively-anti-choice-democrat/

At 20 weeks that isn't a fuckin "cluster of cells" - that's your baby that you're killing. You know if it's a boy or a girl already by that point, how the hell could anyone want to go to a doctor and have them murder their child in the womb like that? Unless it was for some medical reason to save the mother's life. It's sickening to me, that sponsoring a bill outlawing such a disgusting practice should be some kind of black mark on your record, that somehow means you're not "progressive" enough to run as a Dem. What a fucked up world we live in.

The goalpost is being pushed here. The 20-week ban debate for the left is not about "those are equivalent to cells". The argument is that abortions performed after that point are due to abnormalities, severe concerns for health, and so forth. The very low% that are performed at that time are already done under advisement of a physician the vast majority of the time within that %. Thus, the argument is that this is legislation once again moving closer to an outright ban. "It was 24-weeks, now it's 20 weeks. Then suddenly it's 18-weeks. Now we're at 15-weeks. and so forth." A slippery slope in both directions, and the position of the left is "Government, stay out of the autonomy of the woman and stop trying to set barriers as if there's a army of woman dancing gleefully over the opportunity to late-abort."

I think most reasonable people would agree someone is woefully misguided in their morality if they casually abort a 20-week fetus. But let's be really honest with ourselves here.... that's rarely if ever happening. I've known quite a few woman and young women who have elected to abort (as noted previously in this thread I work with at-risk youth and know multiple people who have worked in PP). None of these women ever seemed happy about making this decision. Most spent a LOT of time deliberating with both physicians, family and/or clergy. An unfortunately high number were due to sexual assault, a couple to sexual assault via incest, and some were unfortunate happenings even with precautions taken. I can't think of one that was callus or vindictive in their decision. I also can only recall one who had a second abortion (fair to say there could have been more without my knowledge but I can only speak to what I know). She is now successfully working in human health after attending university. Something she would not have been able to do if she had to support children.

These are anecdotes of course, so they do not further my argument. But I do think it's important to consider this and my initial paragraph when discussing the issue; because, there seems to be this weird assumption of "women of malice".

FFS, you guys have to stop just believing your bad intel.

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallp...thood-started-to-control-the-black-population
"In 2014, the Guttmacher Institute, a reproductive health research center, surveyed all known abortion providers, including Planned Parenthood clinics, in the U.S. (nearly 2,000) and found that 60 percent are in majority-white neighborhoods."

"Sanger's birth control movement did have support in black neighborhoods, beginning in the '20s when there were leagues in Harlem started by African-Americans. Sanger also worked closely with NAACP founder W.E.B. DuBois on a "Negro Project," which she viewed as a way to get safe contraception to African-Americans."

"Her attitude toward African-Americans can certainly be viewed as paternalistic, but there is no evidence she subscribed to the more racist ideas of the time or that she coerced black women into using birth control. In fact, for her time, as the Washington Post noted, "she would likely be considered to have advanced views on race relations.""

http://www.politifact.com/new-hamps...rgaret-sanger-believe-african-americans-shou/

"Claims like this have been examined by PolitiFact before. Back in March, New Hampshire Rep. William O’Brien claimed Sanger was an "an active participant in the Ku Klux Klan." That claim was rated false.

And in 2011, businessman and GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain said Planned Parenthood’s early mission was to "help kill black babies before they came into the world." That statement was rated Pants on Fire."

"Sanger was indeed a believer in eugenics, but the basic concept that humanity could be improved by selective breeding was an article of faith for many in the years before World War II. Winston Churchill, Herbert Hoover, Theodore Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw and H. G. Wells all supported the movement. African-American leader W. E. B. Du Bois backed many of its principles as well."

I don't know what you think the above proves. WEB Du Bois was no friend to black people. Neither was is the NAACP. The fact that those Trojan Horses supported that organization solidifies my claim. Theodoore Rossevelt? LMAO. He was a staunch eugenicist and racist who believed certain human racial strains (IE black people) shouldn't be able to reproduce:

"Society has no business to permit degenerates to reproduce their kind.... Some day, we will realize that the prime duty, the inescapable duty, of the good citizen of the right type, is to leave his or her blood behind him in the world; and that we have no business to permit the perpetuation of citizens of the wrong type,”

The goalpost is being pushed here. The 20-week ban debate for the left is not about "those are equivalent to cells". The argument is that abortions performed after that point are due to abnormalities, severe concerns for health, and so forth. The very low% that are performed at that time are already done under advisement of a physician the vast majority of the time within that %. Thus, the argument is that this is legislation once again moving closer to an outright ban. "It was 24-weeks, now it's 20 weeks. Then suddenly it's 18-weeks. Now we're at 15-weeks. and so forth." A slippery slope in both directions, and the position of the left is "Government, stay out of the autonomy of the woman and stop trying to set barriers as if there's a army of woman dancing gleefully over the opportunity to late-abort."

I think most reasonable people would agree someone is woefully misguided in their morality if they casually abort a 20-week fetus. But let's be really honest with ourselves here.... that's rarely if ever happening. I've known quite a few woman and young women who have elected to abort (as noted previously in this thread I work with at-risk youth and know multiple people who have worked in PP). None of these women ever seemed happy about making this decision. Most spent a LOT of time deliberating with both physicians, family and/or clergy. An unfortunately high number were due to sexual assault, a couple to sexual assault via incest, and some were unfortunate happenings even with precautions taken. I can't think of one that was callus or vindictive in their decision. I also can only recall one who had a second abortion (fair to say there could have been more without my knowledge but I can only speak to what I know). She is now successfully working in human health after attending university. Something she would not have been able to do if she had to support children.

These are anecdotes of course, so they do not further my argument. But I do think it's important to consider this and my initial paragraph when discussing the issue; because, there seems to be this weird assumption of "women of malice".

We're having an issue here in Canada with sex-selective abortions being carried out, mostly by Indian immigrants who want a son. So they're taking advantage of our laws to kill their daughters in the womb. I find this really disturbing, and it wouldn't be possible if there were tighter restrictions on abortion that far along into a pregnancy. Here in Ontario the taxpayers fund abortions up to 24 weeks, no questions asked. I have plenty of anecdotal evidence myself of women I've known here who have had multiple abortions because they don't want to raise the children that are the result of a promiscuous lifestyle, the unprotected sex they have with guys they don't know very well - but just like yours, they don't really further any argument so I guess it doesn't matter.

As far as your slippery slope argument, I hear you and I can respect that point of view. I just hope you don't ridicule conservatives when they make similar arguments regarding issues like gun control, etc.

We're having an issue here in Canada with sex-selective abortions being carried out, mostly by Indian immigrants who want a son. So they're taking advantage of our laws to kill their daughters in the womb. I find this really disturbing, and it wouldn't be possible if there were tighter restrictions on abortion that far along into a pregnancy. Here in Ontario the taxpayers fund abortions up to 24 weeks, no questions asked. I have plenty of anecdotal evidence myself of women I've known here who have had multiple abortions because they don't want to raise the children that are the result of a promiscuous lifestyle, the unprotected sex they have with guys they don't know very well - but just like yours, they don't really further any argument so I guess it doesn't matter.

As far as your slippery slope argument, I hear you and I can respect that point of view. I just hope you don't ridicule conservatives when they make similar arguments regarding issues like gun control, etc.

I'll work backwards here: As someone who abhors guns but understands their worth, I consistently have a problem with the slippery slope of gun control from the left.

To the Indian-Abortion phenomenon, I've seen the study on this and it's a pretty clear cultural anomaly that I cannot condone but recognize as such. In other words, I can't condone it but I recognize there's a paradigm shift that has to occur there. But let's note the numbers: Approx 4% of Canada is Indian. Indo-Canadians are noted as having a 66% likelihood of having a boy and 75% chance after having two girls (indicating some are sex-selecting). Given the study on the matter noted 1 million births, we're looking at a rather small group of Indians that are practicing this action (which again, I do find disconcerting).

Funding should be increased TBH.

Good goal would be to lower the cost of abortions further in hope of increasing it 5-10x in the USA and 50-100x worldwide.

Why is planned parenthood even necessary? Wait until you are married or at least in a very committed relationship before having sex. Be responsible when it comes to using protection. Wait until you have a steady incoming before having children.

The problem is a bad attitude towards sex. If people actually listened to what the Church taught and took sex seriously instead of seeing it as a trivial recreational activity, then there would be far less problems surrounding sexual health and unwanted children.

I will also add that life begins at conception.

People will make mistakes. Better to take care of them before they become burdens on society.

Good thing nobody cares about when you think life begins.

People will make mistakes. Better to take care of them before they become burdens on society.

Good thing nobody cares about when you think life begins.

Certainly mistakes will happen. People are flawed and easily led by their emotions. I believe there should be safety nets in place, but why not work towards encouraging people to take sex more seriously instead of making it out to be a trivial hobby. The reality is that sex is a powerful force that can either enhance life if approached with reverence or destroy lives if not respected. There is a reason that religions take sex so seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think our only argument is the timeline set... which is a fair discussion to have but will ultimately fall back onto what we've already found... depends on some moral assertions.
I concur. Again, your thoughts are expressed with a great deal of clarity and that is quite refreshing.

And to your concern on my inconsistency, there's a long argument for why I'd set the timeline parameter at a certain point, having to do with frontal-lobe, prefrontal cortex activity, connective nervous system to the brain, and so forth. There is a point when a fetus becomes what can be described as autonomous and holding the necessary parameters of human. This is important in my moral distinction because my argument is based on cell-collections, zygote, and early fetuses not possessing such factors.

I would really like to hear your 'long ' argument with regards to the beginnings of brain activity in a fetus. If you don't feel like taking the time, I completely understand. I feel it is an opportunity to learn more about the subject from someone who possesses a more complete understanding of the purely biological facets of this discussion.

And to the cake, the point lies much in the same (albeit a well-conflated argument because, again, trying to boil it down to a very simple analogy to save at least some breath). The batter is not a cake. And to try and clumsily tie it into my previous argument--as it is an imperfect analogy that we can either discuss or not--if the batter has risen and fluffed, we can then say taking it out and discarding it is in fact "aborting a cake". But if we do so 2-3 minutes after placing it in the oven.... we have only "aborted a cake" in the sense that a possible cake was not given opportunity to come to possible fruition. And herein lies a problem of conflated language (I'm using the word conflated a lot). You have "aborted a cake" only in the sense of potential, and not "thrown away a cake", as it did not hold the properties of cake... only the building blocks of cake.

Another analogy is the bridge analogy (albeit still imperfect as I am sure to miss some qualifiers as I speedily type this on my lunch break). A pile of wood and nails is not a bridge. When the base of both ends is built, you still have no bridge. If planks are set but the connections are not aligned and set, you still have no bridge. If you were to stop at the base or partial planks and then tear it down... you have not torn down a bridge. The potential bridge was aborted. Only if it can act as a bridge and hold the necessary qualifications of the bridge, can it then be rightly claimed as "a bridge torn down". You would have to make a literal leap (pun of logical leaps) to utilize it as a bridge at all. And therein lies my argument against the assertion that an aborted fetus is equivalent to a killing a person.
I concur. Again, your thoughts are expressed with a great deal of clarity and that is quite refreshing.

I would really like to hear your entire argument with regards to the beginnings of brain activity in a fetus. If you don't feel like taking the time, I completely understand. I feel it is an opportunity to learn more about the subject from someone who possesses a more complete understanding of some of the purely biological facets of this discussion. You may have a rigorous work schedule, so don't hesitate to decline.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about the assertion that abortions within the legal time-frame are very likely causing pain to the fetus, as it has developed the framework of a nervous system with some very small nerve endings. These are the smallest forms of human beings, who need full-time attention for months to ensure survival outside of the womb. They can feel pain, according to many scientists. Does that make a difference to you? Doesn't abortion seem even more grotesque, assuming these little humans can feel pain?

On another note, if the mother is not in danger, it should not be ONLY her choice about whether the potential child will live or die. The father should always have a say legally, in my opinion.

I know I would rather raise the child alone than allow a potential future child of mine to be murdered because of something the woman dismisses as a simply inconvenient. She knows the consequences of unprotected sex and, like all ADULTS, she should be prepared to take responsibility for her reckless actions.

For reference :

http://www.doctorsonfetalpain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Fetal-Pain-The-Evidence-Feb-2013.pdf

Back