The Steven Seagal thread

He's also author of the best screenplay of all time (As yet unproduced) as evidenced here:

http://www.vice.com/read/steven-seagal-is-the-lamest-guy-ever

"One day an executive walked into Seagal's trailer and found Hollywood's reigning manly man... weeping. 'Oh, I'm reading this script,' Seagal explained, still misty. 'It's the most incredible script I've ever read.'

'That's fantastic,' the executive said, 'Who wrote it?'

Seagal didn't miss a beat. 'I did,' he replied."

He's also author of the best screenplay of all time (As yet unproduced) as evidenced here:

Why would you doubt his ability to write the best screen play of all time?

This is the man who taught two life long martial artists and MMA champions how to properly throw the front kick. How could you possible question a man who holds that great of an insight into anything?

I think Sensei Seagal is just way ahead of his time. He's a man who's achieved so much and yet receives so little credit.

As you should be. Sensei Seagal educating some Sambo barbarians:

Let's not forget that Sensei Seagal is also one of the most decorated MMA trainers in history with two former UFC Champions under his tutelage.

lmao

'In Russia, where he's helping russian fighters grow tougher'...

Any news on the rumours that Sensei trained T.Browne?

I imagine plenty of people get hurt trying to use Aikido in a fight though.

3_28-3-326-58_2003030616264.jpg

Seagal, fighting the good fight against dangerous criminals. Like this degenerate, who was suspected of being involved with cockfighting. For this potential offense, Seagal and "his" team drove a tank through the guy's living room.

Pretty sure they killed all those roosters and Steven Seagal killed the family dog when he drove the tank through the wall.

I assume everyone already knows about this, but just to be sure: in March 2011, while filming his reality show Steven Seagal: Lawman (the one where he pretended to be a policeman) Steven was involved in a raid on a person's house that resulted in the death of a puppy and 115 chickens.

Jesus Llovera was suspected of cockfighting. So Mr. Seagal, Sheriff Joe Arpaio (who, himself, is a pretty terrible guy), a camera crew, and a SWAT team turned up at his house with a tank, some other armored vehicles, and a fucking bomb robot.

Despite the fact that Jesus had no history of weapon ownership, was home alone, and was suspected of cockfighting rather than like, bomb making or murder or something, Steven was allowed to drive a tank through the front wall of the man's home, while the SWAT team smashed through his windows and moved in to arrest him. A puppy belonging to Jesus's children was killed during the raid, and the 115 chickens that Steven and pals were there to rescue ended up being euthanized on the spot. When asked for a comment by a local news station, Seagal said, "animal cruelty is one of my pet peeves."

Seagal, fighting the good fight against dangerous criminals. Like this degenerate, who was suspected of being involved with cockfighting. For this potential offense, Seagal and "his" team drove a tank through the guy's living room.

some people bring a knife to a gunfight, Seagal brings a tank to a cockfight :icon_chee

what would have he brought if it was a crackhouse instead of a cockfighting place? drones? or he would have just nuked it?

some people bring a knife to a gunfight, Seagal brings a tank to a cockfight :icon_chee

what would have he brought if it was a crackhouse instead of a cockfighting place? drones? or he would have just nuked it?

Seagal doesn't fuck around, that's why he studies Aikido and not some MMA bullshit.

At 17, Haruo Matsuoka had his first meeting with Steven Seagal, and it left a lasting impression on the youth. Reminiscing about that day, he beamed with a sense of wonder: “When I first met Seagal Sensei, his Japanese wasn’t so fluent, but his technique was remarkable— unlike what I’d seen before. He was so fast, very fluid. Seeing him doing aikido changed my life.” Haruo Matsuoka signed up on the spot.

“Nothing in my earlier martial arts experiences came close to that moment,” he said. Steven Seagal’s school sat in a rough part of town known for its Yakuza gangsters and prostitutes. “It was only a five-minute walk to the dojo from the train station, but it seemed like a long, long walk,” Haruo Matsuoka recalled. “There were many times when I was really scared, as a skinny kid, and walked as fast as possible so I could avoid getting into trouble.”

Initially, Haruo Matsuoka trained three times a week, attending classes that were tough and strict. Steven Seagal’s aikido had a reputation for being hard-core and effective even on the street, and his training philosophy backed that up: Make everything practical for this world—otherwise, it’s useless. “Seagal taught a very practical aikido—swift footsteps, hand movements like sword cuts and a body posture that was very straight, very strong,” Matsuoka said.

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/daily/martial-arts-entertainment/martial-art-movies/haruo-matsuoka-on-steven-seagal-and-aikido%E2%80%99s-history-in-america/

Almost forgot about when Randy Couture ran with his tail between his legs from Seagal: http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/12/4/3722150/morning-report-steven-seagal-accepts-no-rules-fight-against-randy-couture-no-witnesses

Back in August, UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture made a half-joking comment about how the only person he would come out of retirement to fight would be Seagal. People chuckled and forgot about it, and a couple months passed until Seagal was able to offer a response, which he just so happened to do on yesterday's edition of The MMA Hour.

"First of all, I am a martial artist, and I have been a martial artist all my life," Seagal started. "I've been fighting all my life, and I believe that the essence of learning how to fight, and fighting, and being a warrior and martial artist is to try to overcome the negative qualities that we all inherent as people, and become a better person, and to help others and help the world be a better place."

"That being said," he continued. "I really have to kind of wonder what his intentions and motivations may have been in saying that. I always thought that Randy was my friend and a gentleman. I'm kind of confused as to why he would say that. All I can say is, I'm here. Anybody can find me anytime and anyplace. If Randy really wants to fight me, he can fight me anytime he wants. It'll be for free, and it'll be some place where there are no witnesses."

Seagal went to emphasize the "no witnesses" aspect of his challenge a few more times, before being asked if the proposed fight would be held under MMA rules.

"Oh no, I don't play by rules," he responded. "That's not how I fight.

"I'm a man of honor. I'm a gentleman, but I am a warrior. And if he needs to find me, he knows where to find me."

Randy could actually get a free ass-whoopin out of this. If he found seagal in a place with no witnesses, he could just beat the ever lovin' shit out of him. It's not like Seagal is going to tell the police, or anyone, that Randy beat him up, because he thinks it would damage his reputation.

Randy could actually get a free ass-whoopin out of this. If he found seagal in a place with no witnesses, he could just beat the ever lovin' shit out of him. It's not like Seagal is going to tell the police, or anyone, that Randy beat him up, because he thinks it would damage his reputation.

You obviously have no clue what happens when a pro-fighter faces an aikidoka.

true. but if you've figured that out, Seagal has too and long ago. he's probably having someone with him 24h so there are always witnesses and they can't fight.

I think translator lady was pissing him off, lots of squinting and repeating himself.

Back