The New 100 Burpee Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
6:44.

Piss poor. I did them at the end of my press day so hopefully giving them a dedicated day from now on will show some improvement. Man, I haven't been that fucked up in a while. I'll certainly burpee myself to death more often.

BTW - under 200lb (barely).

Revok said:
6:44.

Piss poor. I did them at the end of my press day so hopefully giving them a dedicated day from now on will show some improvement. Man, I haven't been that fucked up in a while. I'll certainly burpee myself to death more often.

BTW - under 200lb (barely).

Did you do them on grass?

Brandon MacRea said:
What Ross mentioned is true, but we could always use this as the "PR Thread" of the Conditioning Forum... try and beat your own time, post your improvements, etc

that's a good idea Brandon

and let's face it, if anyone lies about their time, they are just cheating themselves

Sonny said:
Did you do them on grass?

*takes note*

How are people working through the 100? I'd be impressed if anyone claims to be able to bust out 100 straight with no brief rests. I went with 25x4 but I feel it slowed me down. Next time I think I'll try 10x10, which would be closer to what my body's used to from tabatas.

Revok said:
*takes note*

How are people working through the 100? I'd be impressed if anyone claims to be able to bust out 100 straight with no brief rests. I went with 25x4 but I feel it slowed me down. Next time I think I'll try 10x10, which would be closer to what my body's used to from tabatas.

I did as many as I could without killing myself, took a mini break to catch my breath and then kept going with mini breaks here and there.

I did 50, shook my legs out and paced around for a second, then did 2 pyramids of 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 with about 2-3 seconds between a step if I needed it, and a little longer between the two.

I was in such agony towards the end I knew I was making some pretty hilarious faces. Good thing no one was around to see them.

I'll give it a shot, but I'm a bit out of shape. Under 200lb here. I was gonna say "it sounds like fun" but from reading some of the posts, it looks like it's far from it. Oh and is there a deadline?

Young Lionheart said:
I'll give it a shot, but I'm a bit out of shape. Under 200lb here. I was gonna say "it sounds like fun" but from reading some of the posts, it looks like it's far from it.

I can only speak for myself, but I can say that I wasn't exactly laughing from joy during this...actually there was quite alot of cursing my own weakness, luckily no one was around to hear it :rolleyes:

Will try this within the next 3 days. I used to burpee all the time so I expect big things from myself :rolleyes: I'm gonna shoot for 5mins.

7:38, under 200 lbs.

Mmkay, nearly had a heart attack after that.

I agree a PR thread in this forum would be great! In S&P its good to see how other lifters are going and use that to spur your own training on.

i'll do this but i am very out of shape. i'll report tomorrow after the attempt.

Brad Morris said:
I agree a PR thread in this forum would be great! In S&P its good to see how other lifters are going and use that to spur your own training on.

I would like to start a PR thread but I already have a boat load of stickies. I would have to lose one of them.

Sonny said:
I would like to start a PR thread but I already have a boat load of stickies. I would have to lose one of them.
Put the "training of the pros" sticky into the "interesting links/threads" one. That'll free up some space and still make sense.

Wow, I suck...

9:41 @ 222 BW. My body is very angry at me now. This was more agonizing than my 405x30 deadlift set.

Tayon sucked even worse: 12:51 @ 195 BW

Add us in for all to laugh at.

Damn i thought i would practice after my chest and tri's work today, felt really good cardio wise just could hardly do pushups. Expect some numbers very shortly.

fatty this may be something i can actually beat you at...

Standard said:
Damn i thought i would practice after my chest and tri's work today, felt really good cardio wise just could hardly do pushups. Expect some numbers very shortly.

fatty this may be something i can actually beat you at...

That was my issue, too. Cardio was tough, but the shoulders and tri's are what really killed me.

This sounds awesome. I'm totally in. I have good cardio and DO do burpees every 5-6 days or so, but I've never tried to do 100 as fast as possible. This should be a heart attack. I'll post in a few days.

fat_wilhelm said:
Wow, I suck...

9:41 @ 222 BW. My body is very angry at me now. This was more agonizing than my 405x30 deadlift set.

Tayon sucked even worse: 12:51 @ 195 BW

Add us in for all to laugh at.

Updated.

Sol good my friend we all have to start somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back