The New 100 Burpee Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm intrigued by how hard people are finding these. I, like most people, didn't think it sounded that hard. We used to do them in high school athletics for punishment on the football field. You'd run 10 yards, do 10, run 10 yards and so on. The most anyone was ever given to do was 10,000 yards.:eek:

I was trying to cut out conditioning for a while and just build strength but I'm sooo curious. I'll probably give it a try on Saturday.

-Sin

I just finished, I'm ok. Thought I was gonna die immediately afterward, but I controlled my breathing so I'm not bad. I weigh 202 at this very moment and finished with a time of 6: 49. Not bad but now I'm gonna set a goal of 6 flat and go from there. NICE CHALLENGE, I ENJOYED IT!!

SinCollector said:
I'm intrigued by how hard people are finding these. I, like most people, didn't think it sounded that hard. We used to do them in high school athletics for punishment on the football field. You'd run 10 yards, do 10, run 10 yards and so on. The most anyone was ever given to do was 10,000 yards.:eek:

I was trying to cut out conditioning for a while and just build strength but I'm sooo curious. I'll probably give it a try on Saturday.

-Sin

So you are saying someone did 10 000 burpees and ran 10 000 yards? Fuck that, I'd like to see the vid, as long as it's not 3 days long.

Height: 5'10
Weight: 181
Time: 8:09

First time doing burpees in my life.
Next time will be better. I promise.

I think I am going to do this, but also print out a sheet and hang it in our gym and challenge everyone to do the "Burpee Challenge."
I think it will be awesome.
Sunday is my day for doing them.

Bry

Hokay, tried it again this morning. Felt a tad bit dizzy afterwards, mostly because I rarely took any break and pushed myself as hard I as could, this is about the best time i think I'll get.

6:28

EDIT: second digit is wrong, should be 6:58.

7:53 (done as a pyramid 1-10-1) BW=175 - Was after a lifting session and, as this is my first really tough attempt at conditioning since I trapped a nerve in my neck a month ago, I think I can improve pretty rapidly.

Anyone else get cramp at the bottom of their feet? Kicked in about halfway through and it's fucking killing me

7:07 done in sets of 10, i'm 32 and 84 kg

To anyone who has NOT tried this, it is way tougher that it sounds, give it a go !

I know i can improve lots. I try again on xmas day :)

8:15
215 pounds

I just did while my two friends were laughing at me, so I was laughing quite a bit as well. I'm also hungover as hell so I know I can improve quite a bit. Did it sets of 10. Also could of pushed myself a lot harder but it was fun nonethe less. Cured my hangover!

Guys, curious as to what you felt first, cardiovascular fatigue or lactic acid buildup in the legs ?

For me it was the lactic acid buildup, my cardiovasculr system is in good shape but my legs were really feeling it.

The sets of 10 worked well for me because after the first 30, 10 seemed to be the point where i could feel the lactic building up, so a quick few seconds break, shake em out and i could do another 10 much easier than if i kept going.

SmarterThanYou said:
So you are saying someone did 10 000 burpees and ran 10 000 yards? Fuck that, I'd like to see the vid, as long as it's not 3 days long.

Dude . . . not all at once. They had to work them off. They did like 200 yards a day after practice everyday.

-Sin

We had to do a shit load of burpees at J Robinson's (wrestling coach of Minnesota) 28 day wrestling camp. I didn't think they were that hard. Up downs are harder.

NicholasJBasile said:
We had to do a shit load of burpees at J Robinson's (wrestling coach of Minnesota) 28 day wrestling camp. I didn't think they were that hard. Up downs are harder.

Post up the numbers then.

I have discovered the angry and vengeful lesbian sister of the burpee.

It is known as the "Jumping jack push-up climber."

Description: Perform one jumping jack while jumping as high as possible. Then, quickly drop down and perform one push-up. Next, perform the mountain climber by pulling your left knee up towards your chest, then switch legs by pulling your right knee up towards your chest. From there, jump both feet up towards your chest into the tuck position. Lastly, stand up and return to the jumping jack. That's one rep.

Thank you, Chad Waterbury, for unleashing this evil.

Try alternating between 20-25 of these and a round of fast-paced rope skipping. EVIL.

Having probs with lower back, the quadratus lumborum and it's not nice! burpess are out just now. Will do them as soon as mended. Will be shooting for 5mins!!!

Poseidon said:
Having probs with lower back, the quadratus lumborum and it's not nice! burpess are out just now. Will do them as soon as mended. Will be shooting for 5mins!!!

Please hit 5 min. I don't want anything to do with Revok's hairy ass!

Been having a bit of back trouble myself this week, but I'm determined to beat my PR. I reckon I can shave at least 20 seconds off. After all I have better incentive than anyone to improve. They say it only hurts the first time, but...

Also I should be going up a weight class soon. Creatine and Xmas chocolate has me up to 198lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back