The New 100 Burpee Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonny said:
Updated.

Sol good my friend we all have to start somewhere.

I wish that were the case. I do Tabata burpees 3-5 times a week and play soccer twice a week, so I'm not in bad shape, but somehow, this was just way beyond what I expected. I encourage everyone to give it a go.

The mental portion of the challenge is gruelling all by itself. At 30, I literally thought I would have to quit after another 5. Tayon did quit at 50 for about a minute and a half, but finally, he couldn't take much more of my trash-talking and ridicule (I'm quite persuasive) and finished it.

Yeah you have to ignore those thoughts of "I'm going to die."

Sonny said:
Yeah you have to ignore those thoughts of "I'm going to die."

No kidding. Mark me down. 7:49, under 200lbs. It was hell!!! After I was done, I recorded the time, passed out and woke up naked near a dead deer in the woods lol. I had done sets of 100 pushups and squat thrusts daily to prepare. It seemed to help out a bit.

I'm 168 right now and managed to do this in 7:12. I did feel very lightheaded for the last two minutes and dry heaved after finishing up though.

Superbeast said:
I'm 168 right now and managed to do this in 7:12. I did feel very lightheaded for the last two minutes and dry heaved after finishing up though.

HAHA!! Bring the pain!

I did some more today in the front yard. I don't think I'm gonna break my PR any time soon.

HellaCopter said:
Will there be a SHW class for those over 265?

Not at this point because I seriously doubt that we'll have that many people in that weightclass.

You're a SHW?

Damn this will be painfull and suck...

I just been informed that I will be dragged with to train with the swe-national kickboxing team in their 6 hour sparring camp that is nearby my town tomorow.... And I have been slacking with my standup for months to focus on my grappling....

If I survive that tomorow I will give this a go and see how bad I do...

....And for further humiliation I will film it...

Biggest worry is the pushups, I cant do 100 straiight pushups, but I guess I will have to be strategic about it and break it down in smaller portions from the start, will be interesting nevertheless.

Sonny said:
Not at this point because I seriously doubt that we'll have that many people in that weightclass.

You're a SHW?

I can be, i'm not sure exactly how much I weigh at the moment.

krellik said:
Damn this will be painfull and suck...

I just been informed that I will be dragged with to train with the swe-national team in their 6 hour sparring camp that is nearby my town tomorow.... And I have been slacking with my standup for months to focus on my grappling....

If I survive that tomorow I will give this a go and see how bad I do...

....And for further humiliation I will film it...

Biggest worry is the pushups, I cant do 100 straiight pushups, but I guess I will have to be strategic about it and break it down in smaller portions from the start, will be interesting nevertheless.

It's not really the same thing as doing 100 straight push-ups though.

Nah if it was I wouldnt be doing it...;):p

Tomorrow I'm going to try it pyramid style (start at just one, go up to ten, back down, that adds up to 100, right?), with brief 5-10 second breaks between 'steps'. I think it's a mistake to go balls out and try as many as possible all in one go. Apply running logic - the longer and harder you sprint, you will require exponentially more recovery time. Breaking it up into brief bursts might result in overall better performance.

I know I would suck at this, but I think the best way to do this is to figure out what time you want and figure out how many in a minute you would have to do to get that. Pace yourself. If you want 5:00 then you have to do 20 a minute.

Why am I not looking forward to this lol. My cardio is the best it's been for a while just now. I'll do them WED! and post up time.

Alright, fine, twist my arm:

8:06

185lbs
11:39
max HR = 178
avg HR = 156
done on tatami flooring

i want to say im dissapointed with my time, but at this point im impressed i finished. i thought i'd do it under 10 minutes easy. cudos to everyone who smashed my time.

im also surprised at my HR, it felt a lot worse than that during the 'event'. at that HR posted, i could jog for an hour no problem, so im surprised this was so hard. makes me wonder how much is conditioning and how much is strength related.

I weight 195 lbs and my current record is 7:46 (with tuck-jumps)

similar story to fat_wil...

dizzy, lightheaded, a bit nauseous at around the mid-50's mark / about 3:45 in. slowed waaay down to keep the nausea at bay - didn't work. puked at 87 / about 6:30 in.

will try again in a week. i definitely think a cooler environment & more controlled pace at the start will be key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back