Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

there are several mysteries I am trying to figure out. there is one that's bewildering me right now. I've ran into twice only (saving before doesn't allow you encounter it) and its bugging me a bit. actually its bugging a lot... grrr....

What mysteries if I may ask?

Strange light leading to a field of glowing bunnies surrounding a glowing horse....

Strange light leading to a field of glowing bunnies surrounding a glowing horse....

That's Satori, The Lord of the Mountains.

17311058_10155214959147652_3136018072763139549_o.jpg

Taming him to ride is NOT easy and you sadly can't keep him. Whats' the other mystery?

Last edited:
I feel like my only nemsis in this game now is the rain.

Fuck the rain, I have wishes for this game. Like things I wish I could change but my only COMPLAINT is the fucking rain system

It's annoying as hell when I'm halfway up a mountain and it starts raining so I just set my controller down and do something else until it stops

Step 1: It starts raining while you want to climb
Step 2: Use Revali's Gale
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

After getting Revali's Gale I never had an issue climbing during the rain. By far the most useful Divine Beast perk imo. I turned off Mipha's Grace because what fun is it if you know you can't die?

I didn't even know you could turn off the champion abilities.

I actually don't climb to much now that I have so much unlocked. I usually fast travel to a high spot and glide to where I need to go. downside is I miss Moron Seeds since I'm pretty direct in my travels.

I'm at like 76 shrines but only 55 Seeds.

I didn't even know you could turn off the champion abilities.

I actually don't climb to much now that I have so much unlocked. I usually fast travel to a high spot and glide to where I need to go. downside is I miss Moron Seeds since I'm pretty direct in my travels.

I'm at like 76 shrines but only 55 Seeds.

I turn them off because I hate the taking up a lot of space on my HUD. I'm actually thinking about switching my HUD to pro mode where it shows you almost nothing.

I highly recommend traversing the lands instead of fast traveling everywhere. Korok seeds are very valuable, and they're literally almost everywhere. You'll want as many as possible to give yourself more weapon and bow slots, which trust me you'll want. Here are some Korok things I know to look for:

- lone rocks in high places. Almost always guaranteed a Korok
- 3 apple tries lined up in a row. You have to make them all match, so shoot off whichever one has too many
- groups of tall yellow flowers. There will be clutters that have anywhere from 1-5 flowers. You have to run through them in order
-circle of rocks. Simple enough, just find a stone to finish the circle. Always one somewhere around the area. Also comes in a spiral variant
-pinwheels. When you get close you'll get balloons to shoot
-small tree stumps. Marked with a leaf on them, when you step on them you'll see a ring of dots appear somewhere that you have to get to before they disappear.
-blocks of ice in mountain regions. Not the huge ones, the regular size ones. Once you melt them a Korok appears
-lone flowers. If you get close it'll move, follow it until it stops and gives you a seed
-mini puzzles. If you see a metal ball on a chain, it has to be put somewhere for the Korok to appear. Also they hide under metal doors, which will have a rock to lift after you move them.

There are more like this but I can't remember off hand. Here's a free one you could easily miss. Check inside the Shrine of Resurrection again, apparently one of the littler fuckers was Link's pillow for 100 years

I've been taking a screenshot of each one I find, and I'm at over 250. If there's a good way for more to take them from my Switch's microSD to my laptop I can put them up online.

That's Satori, The Lord of the Mountains.

17311058_10155214959147652_3136018072763139549_o.jpg

Taming him to ride is NOT easy and you sadly can't keep him. Whats' the other mystery?

That's it!!!??? you get to ride and that's it!.. what da fuck!..
I was going to jump off the hill next to it and try to ride that bitch next... oh well...

i'll hold onto the other mysteries and figure them out myself.

in other news, I've unlocked the entire map and will try to defeat the last two guardians next.

That's it!!!??? you get to ride and that's it!.. what da fuck!..
I was going to jump off the hill next to it and try to ride that bitch next... oh well...

i'll hold onto the other mysteries and figure them out myself.

in other news, I've unlocked the entire map and will try to defeat the last two guardians next.

Yeah you can't board him because the stable masters recognize him and are terrified of being cursed.

Finally took out all of the Divine Beasts, and the one in Gerudo Desert was the coolest battle to gain entry and the most fun interior puzzle. Thunderblight Ganon was also by far the most challenging battle due to his crazy speed. They were all fairly easy, but I'm glad I ended up doing this one last when I had some beastly bows and weapons. Had I done that one first it would have been pretty tough.

Currently I have full Stamina and 16 Hearts and ready to take on Ganon, but I want to roam around for a bit to get Terry Town built up and some more Shrines. Going on spring break this week with the kids and bringing the Switch, so will have some extra game time this week in the mornings. Figure I'll fart around until the last day to beat Ganon so when next weekend rolls around I'll get going into Persona 5. I have Mass Effect on hot standby and it's doubtful I'll get around to it any time soon.

still need to do one more guardian (the bird) but I agree with you so far. The gerudo guardian/Thunderblight Ganon was the most fun and challenging so far. took me a while to beat him even with my elevated stats actually. was trying to be too cute with beating him...

Beat Ganon this morning, really cool fight. Wish I could keep the bow from the battle. Still have a ton to do, but will have to come back after Persona 5. The remainder of the stuff will get me back into the swing of things when the DLC comes out.

nice.

I just defeated all the guardians. A bit too easy but then again, I have a huge stock of food to back me up so I was never in danger. I think they should have made the guardians to ignore the armor defense and hit for % of your full life depending on the attack. I dunno. I had so much life.. maybe the hard mode will do that (and disable food during the fight).

I think it'd be cool if in hard mode whenever you wanted to eat anything you'd have an animation of you eating. Would make a lot of fights harder.

Another reason why I love the Switch's portability: it's dead as hell at work right now so I can spend my free time grinding materials to upgrade my armor. When I get home I can continue my regular play on the big screen.

just defeated my 2nd guardian.

i have rito and zora so far

already made it to gerudo but i was low on hot cold potions and food so i left and never came back

found the master sword, still grinding to get it, i think i'm close.

great game, few annoying things like cooking and selling stuff, but overall, very enjoyable i've been pretty much playing non-stop, my gf is super pissed about it but i'm just gonna ride it out and finish the game, i can't stop thinking about it when i'm not playing it.

just defeated my 2nd guardian.

i have rito and zora so far

already made it to gerudo but i was low on hot cold potions and food so i left and never came back

found the master sword, still grinding to get it, i think i'm close.

great game, few annoying things like cooking and selling stuff, but overall, very enjoyable i've been pretty much playing non-stop, my gf is super pissed about it but i'm just gonna ride it out and finish the game, i can't stop thinking about it when i'm not playing it.

You'll grow to love the cooking aspect, I found myself spending over an hour sometimes just trying to cook different things. You'd be amazing what you can make.

Also if you do some side quests you can get clothes that help you resist heat or cold, making the travel through Gerudo or mountain regions a lot better.

You'll grow to love the cooking aspect, I found myself spending over an hour sometimes just trying to cook different things. You'd be amazing what you can make.

Also if you do some side quests you can get clothes that help you resist heat or cold, making the travel through Gerudo or mountain regions a lot better.

I didn't mean that i didnt like, i meant to say its tedious. Select 5 items, back out of menu, drop items, x x x x x x skip animation, x x x x x x x x skip prompt of new item, back into menu, repeat. I've mean i've gotten used to it, in the sense that i make it go as fast as possible, but its still tedious.

Purchasing and selling items one by one is super long aswell

Also i have to say with all these different weapons and ways of fighting, i feel i kind of have to pace myself during boss fights. Like during the rito fight i have fun using the air traps, then shooting his bulleyes, and staggering him, but initially i had used bomb arrows and a 60++ guardian axe, so after 1 combo he was already at 75%.

I have to say i still haven't figured out Lynel's weaknesses, only one i beat was the one in Zora and i think that one is weak compared to the ones who roam free. I fought a few free ones and they destroyed me

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back