Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

I must say though the Goron boss was too easy. Must be because of the master sword but he went down way too quickly... or maybe I am way too strong of a legendary hero!.. muwahahaha!

Interesting. I haven't done the Goron boss yet, but I did the Zora and Rito ones. The Zora one was actually a challenge, but the Rito was a bit too easy. Maybe it's because I spent so much time shrine hunting that I had an insane amount of hearts and stamina. Also I found 3 of the 4 Great Fairies so my armor was pretty good. Hoping the game scales the difficulty of the last 2 bosses like they do all the other enemies.

Also does it irk anyone else that the Master Sword isn't the strongest weapon in the game? I mean even with bonus it gets fighting Guardians and Ganon related things its power is 60. There are other weapons that can eclipse 100 atk. I feel like the MS should be the ultimate trump card.

To add about the dlc, the first wave is supposed to add a Cave of Trials which is basically floors of progressively harder enemies, a new hard mode*, and some new feature for the map screen. Second wave adds a new dungeon and story and some new challenges.

* After playing the game, I'm not sure something like Hero Mode would work since it's pretty much been implemented already in that you don't find hearts anywhere due to healing from food items and elixirs and double damage wouldn't make an sense do to how damage and weapons work along with armor so I'm legit curious as to what this will be.

Interesting. I haven't done the Goron boss yet, but I did the Zora and Rito ones. The Zora one was actually a challenge, but the Rito was a bit too easy. Maybe it's because I spent so much time shrine hunting that I had an insane amount of hearts and stamina. Also I found 3 of the 4 Great Fairies so my armor was pretty good. Hoping the game scales the difficulty of the last 2 bosses like they do all the other enemies.

Also does it irk anyone else that the Master Sword isn't the strongest weapon in the game? I mean even with bonus it gets fighting Guardians and Ganon related things its power is 60. There are other weapons that can eclipse 100 atk. I feel like the MS should be the ultimate trump card.

Zora was the most fun. That part before entering the guardian was the coolest one I've seen so far...

As for the Master Sword being not being the strongest... I guess but at the same time no. I used it against the Goron boss and made quick work of it. Maybe I was too strong? I had also used a potion to increase my attack/energy. I attacked him in two waves and he died. I thought the Master Sword was overpowering actually...

I'm okay with the current power level of the Master Sword at 30 and 60 for Guardians and inside Hyrule Castle because it regenerates power.

Plus the weapons that can reach past 100 dmg are 2 hand weapons where the Master Sword is only 60 while boosted it's a 1 hander and can put out more DPS with the standard combo.

Out in the field the Master Sword is my trash clearing weapon so I can preserve the durability of my beast mode weapons. When roaming in Hyrule the Master Sword is my best friend.

I'm such a hoarder that I try to keep my beast mode weapons full durability that I never actually use them and they just sit in my inventory.

same... I've unlocked quite a lot of stash space for my main weapons and my main struggle is still choosing which weapon to throw away whenever I find something new.

Interesting. I haven't done the Goron boss yet, but I did the Zora and Rito ones.

oh yeah. forgot to mention... I still haven't found the Rito village yet!.. lol

shhhh.. I'll look for them tonight...

oh yeah. forgot to mention... I still haven't found the Rito village yet!.. lol

shhhh.. I'll look for them tonight...

It took me a while to find it too. It was in the last area of the map I hadn't uncovered. Funny because imo Rito seems to be the place you're "supposed" to go first based off the surrounding enemy and dungeon difficulty. The game just kinda steers you towards Zora's Domain though. It least it felt like it to me. Closest in proximity to Kakariko Village which plays a prominent role throughout the story.

I'm okay with the current power level of the Master Sword at 30 and 60 for Guardians and inside Hyrule Castle because it regenerates power.

Plus the weapons that can reach past 100 dmg are 2 hand weapons where the Master Sword is only 60 while boosted it's a 1 hander and can put out more DPS with the standard combo.

Out in the field the Master Sword is my trash clearing weapon so I can preserve the durability of my beast mode weapons. When roaming in Hyrule the Master Sword is my best friend.

I'm such a hoarder that I try to keep my beast mode weapons full durability that I never actually use them and they just sit in my inventory.

I guess I just have that nostalgia feeling from every other Zelda game where the Master Sword becomes your best and ultimate weapon. I think it would have been cool is the sword got stronger every time you either finished a Divine Beast or added a certain amount of heart containers. I feel like it should do more damage than it does sometimes.

I use it the same way as you mostly. Since it won't break I use it until it needs to recover to save myself using other weapons.

You could say the same about the champion weapons. They have amazing stats, but even the vanilla versions of the Savage Lynel weapons outclass them. Ditto for most of the Royal and Royal Guard stuff. Just bought the Lynel mask and it's actually quite well designed and convincing compared to the others. Like it's still obviously a mask, but the face really is a good shoe-in for Lynel. The last "mask" Kilton sells is the Dark Link armor which is after clearing all of the divine beasts.

Edit: The Rito children are absurdly cute and Nintendo would be out of it's mind to not make plushies/stuffed animals of them. Ditto for amiibo of the Champions and their successors. Like, who WOULDN'T want an amiibo of Sidon?!!

Last edited:
You guys craft food/elixirs for $$$? What's your goto item? I made a bunch of 2000+ rupees elixirs earlier. I'm wondering if there are even more expensive foods.

You guys craft food/elixirs for $$$? What's your goto item? I made a bunch of 2000+ rupees elixirs earlier. I'm wondering if there are even more expensive foods.

Best way I've found to make money is selling ore. I just farm Stone Taluses or silver enemies and it's easy money. I've heard the snow bowling game is the best way though. Costs 20 to play but you get 300 for a strike. I'd do that but I can't find a solid spot to constantly get a strike.

I have to say I loved the scene after you beat the Goron/Iguana beast and the young Goron helping you with the Real Ghostbusters Egon hair sees the spirit of his champion ancestor.

I have to say I loved the scene after you beat the Goron/Iguana beast and the young Goron helping you with the Real Ghostbusters Egon hair sees the spirit of his champion ancestor.

That's my last one.

newest patch seems to have fixed some framerate issues

Best way I've found to make money is selling ore. I just farm Stone Taluses or silver enemies and it's easy money. I've heard the snow bowling game is the best way though. Costs 20 to play but you get 300 for a strike. I'd do that but I can't find a solid spot to constantly get a strike.

I usually farm stone talus, ore, lynels, and sell 570-2250 rupee elixirs. I have more money than I could ever use now (50,000 rupees and probably at least 50,000 in components). Never bowled once. Just curious if there were better recipes. I'm curious if there is a max limit on rupees. 99,999? 999,999?

I usually farm stone talus, ore, lynels, and sell 570-2250 rupee elixirs. I have more money than I could ever use now (50,000 rupees and probably at least 50,000 in components). Never bowled once. Just curious if there were better recipes. I'm curious if there is a max limit on rupees. 99,999? 999,999?

Probably the latter since you can get 100k in ruppees.

just finished the game after doing all 120 shrines and maxing out the wild armor, barbarian armor, ancient, shiek, hylian and zora armors

was a fun game

farming lynels gets really easy once you learn their patterns, the only time i ever get hit is when the lynel has a club, sometimes i get overzealous and get hit by its aoe attack

-stasis
-shoot in face
-run to side
-spam attacks (i never mount)

then after that it depends on the weapon

if its one handed+ shield, stand in front of him and backflip his attacks. i almost always get a flurry rush on the 2nd attack. the real purpose isnt just to do damage, but by the time the flurry rush ends, stasis has replenished and you can do it again. i dont use stasis yet, as he will usually try to stand in front of me and swipe me again, so i just dodge+flurry rush.

i wait for him to run away, then when he charges back in, i use stasis and redo the method. i never get hit by one handeds

with club and spear, its the same system, except that its harder to dodge attacks up close, as he does an aoe thats undodgeable. for those ones, after i stasis->arrow->attack, i just run away just outside his reach so he ends up doing his running attacks, and then dodge those for a flurry rush

i get a strike like 90% of the time. i run a loop around the guy to make sure im coming in at the right angle, then i throw it into the indentation in the snow on the right half of the track. theres a small hill afterwards and if the ball rolls directly over the top, its a strike

Back