Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

I'm starting to farm the Watcher flying Guardians since I read they can drop the Giant Cores, and it's nice being able to one shot them with the Ancient Arrows. Rupees I usually play the blowing mini game since I have a sweet spot for strikes about 95% of the time. I got the 10,000 rupees for the last giant fairy in about 45 min when my technique wasn't all the way there, and when I farmed the 6,000 for the Ancient Armor it took about 20 min. Need to make another run so I can make more Ancient Arrows.

I'm no good at that. Granted I didn't know about the sweet spot, but eh. I mostly just sell some of my gem stock or other rare materials that I have in abundance usually lizalfo parts due to arrow farming runs and the such.

Edit: All guardians have a chance to drop cores of any size.

Edit 2: It's gotten to the point that I can effortlessly and unintentionally farm the most powerful shield(other than the Hylian) with no effort since I have like 5 of them. The game really does get very liberal with it's drops as you get stronger. Ditto for weapons found in chests scaling up to you level as well.

Last edited:
I'm no good at that. Granted I didn't know about the sweet spot, but eh. I mostly just sell some of my gem stock or other rare materials that I have in abundance usually lizalfo parts due to arrow farming runs and the such.

Edit: All guardians have a chance to drop cores of any size.

Edit 2: It's gotten to the point that I can effortlessly and unintentionally farm the most powerful shield(other than the Hylian) with no effort since I have like 5 of them. The game really does get very liberal with it's drops as you get stronger. Ditto for weapons found in chests scaling up to you level as well.

once I worked out the sweet spot, rupee farming goes pretty quick. the method I use I target Pondo so there is no ed for aiming, just stand n the right spot. Behind Pondo and slightly to the right. once figure out your positioning, you can really rack up the coin.

I still farm the regular guardians ad well, just haven't seen the giant cores. all I really did was add the watchers to my rounds now that I've been stocking up ancient arrows. don't waste them on the regular watchers though. Stasis and the Master Sword make pretty short work of them.

once I worked out the sweet spot, rupee farming goes pretty quick. the method I use I target Pondo so there is no ed for aiming, just stand n the right spot. Behind Pondo and slightly to the right. once figure out your positioning, you can really rack up the coin.

I still farm the regular guardians ad well, just haven't seen the giant cores. all I really did was add the watchers to my rounds now that I've been stocking up ancient arrows. don't waste them on the regular watchers though. Stasis and the Master Sword make pretty short work of them.

Even though I can afford it, I don't think I've ever had any more than 30 or so ancient arrows on me at max. I usually had so many ancient weapons from trials that I saw no point and treated them as a sort of panic button when shit went south(which usually meant the Guardian was too close for me to line up an shot anyway).

Why isn't this stickied when shitty final fantasy is?

What's the process for that?

Even though I can afford it, I don't think I've ever had any more than 30 or so ancient arrows on me at max. I usually had so many ancient weapons from trials that I saw no point and treated them as a sort of panic button when shit went south(which usually meant the Guardian was too close for me to line up an shot anyway).

What's the process for that?
I dunno, tag a mod maybe?

@Madmick @Peteyandjia how do we get a thread stickied?

Good lawd these Lynel's ain't playin.

What color was/is he? The idea isn't to block their hits(you can, but your shield will take BAD hits to durability), but to dodge and setup a Rush attack. Sniping them on the head will stun them giving you a chance to mount them. I don't know how far in the game you are or what kind of armor you have, but anything except the Soldier or Ancient Armor is just asking for trouble from these guys. Depending on the tier of Lynel(Red, Blue, White, Silver), they can drop some of the most OP stuff in the game especially their bows.

What color was/is he? The idea isn't to block their hits(you can, but your shield will take BAD hits to durability), but to dodge and setup a Rush attack. Sniping them on the head will stun them giving you a chance to mount them. I don't know how far in the game you are or what kind of armor you have, but anything except the Soldier or Ancient Armor is just asking for trouble from these guys. Depending on the tier of Lynel(Red, Blue, White, Silver), they can drop some of the most OP stuff in the game especially their bows.

He's red. I'm collecting the shock arrows.

I honestly do not know if I have enough weapons to kill him. I can dodge him but I just don't know if I have the weapon output to kill him.

He's red. I'm collecting the shock arrows.

I honestly do not know if I have enough weapons to kill him. I can dodge him but I just don't know if I have the weapon output to kill him.

If your best weapons do anything below 25 or so don't even bother with him. In the immortal words of Mike Tyson, "I'll eat your asshole alive you bitch!!!". You'll be breaking damn near if not all of them over some great drops depending on your level, but not good enough to make up for what you'll be destroying on him. Like you CAN beat him with weapons below that threshold, but it's gonna be a long fight and you better hope you have enough. As an aside, he's immune to all elements so don't bother using special arrows except bomb arrows and NEVER use Ancient Arrows on him. They'll work, but it'll vaporize his drops as well.

HOLY JESUS is Hyrule Castle a nightmare to navigate.

Glow in the Dark Skeleton Luchador Gimp Suit
17350003_10155219183137652_1170643357297726224_o.jpg

Looks like Skullomania<5>

Any easy technique to fight these? I've only come across two of these. I fought one to 1/2 health awhile back then ended up running away because it was taking so long.

Any easy technique to fight these? I've only come across two of these. I fought one to 1/2 health awhile back then ended up running away because it was taking so long.

Easiest method I've seen is taking your best bow and try to keep them stun locked with head shots. They drop Savage Bows that have the x3 arrow perk, so once you take the first one out you can swap bows after each fight. Vid I watched the guy got the first head shot, landed a few arrows while it was staggered, once it started to get back it he lined up his next shot to re-stagger until it was down.

Going to try this method for farming Lynels once I'm done with my Ancient Armor set to work on the Barbarian Armor. The few I have taken out I used Stasis+ on them to land a few shots, but just melee. Haven't tried to use Stasis to see if you can line up the initial head shot to stagger lock them.

If your best weapons do anything below 25 or so don't even bother with him. In the immortal words of Mike Tyson, "I'll eat your asshole alive you bitch!!!". You'll be breaking damn near if not all of them over some great drops depending on your level, but not good enough to make up for what you'll be destroying on him. Like you CAN beat him with weapons below that threshold, but it's gonna be a long fight and you better hope you have enough. As an aside, he's immune to all elements so don't bother using special arrows except bomb arrows and NEVER use Ancient Arrows on him. They'll work, but it'll vaporize his drops as well.

I have 2 weapons above 25. The rest are around 22 or so. I've gone through about half of them to get him to half health and then die

Easiest method I've seen is taking your best bow and try to keep them stun locked with head shots. They drop Savage Bows that have the x3 arrow perk, so once you take the first one out you can swap bows after each fight. Vid I watched the guy got the first head shot, landed a few arrows while it was staggered, once it started to get back it he lined up his next shot to re-stagger until it was down.

Going to try this method for farming Lynels once I'm done with my Ancient Armor set to work on the Barbarian Armor. The few I have taken out I used Stasis+ on them to land a few shots, but just melee. Haven't tried to use Stasis to see if you can line up the initial head shot to stagger lock them.
Wait, you can use stasis on enemies? Wtf. How have I missed this.

I remember encountering one around Hyrule Castle. Maybe I'll whip out one of my super strong bows and give it a go, if the loot drop is good.

Wait, you can use stasis on enemies? Wtf. How have I missed this.

Stasis+, you have to upgrade it at the work shop first. You need a couple of Ancient Cores.

You can upgrade the bombs for more power and shorter cool down, and the sensor so you can track anything you've taken a picture of instead of just shrines.

Stasis+, you have to upgrade it at the work shop first. You need a couple of Ancient Cores.

You can upgrade the bombs for more power and shorter cool down, and the sensor so you can track anything you've taken a picture of instead of just shrines.
I guess I haven't found this place. I've avoided online spoilers, so there's probably lots of shit I'm missing out on.

Ah looks like at the blue flame place. I must have just glanced over this part.

Advice for Lynel. Never block his attacks outside of panic buttons or when locking on. If it's the sword one, once you've timed it out, his sword swings are very telegraphed and easy to flurry rush. Spear ones have a trickier time with their passing swipe. At first you'll try to dodge away, but that's wrong. You need to backflip just as he swings at you to score the rush. Develop a good archery game to stunlock him via arrows to the face and mount him when he's down for free shots. For the one in the colosseum, just north of him is Mt. Rhoam and right next to it the Ancient Tree Stump with a Great Flame Blade. While immune to fire, this still does a good 34 damage to him.

Back