Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

In Lake Hylia near the bridge will be some small islands. She's swimming near them catching fish. I actually ran into her WAAAAY early and bought some fish from her and knew exactly where to find her..

Omg.. I was literally right there. I had just finished the shrine decided to take a break. Soon as I read your post load up the game walked to the other side of the island and she's swimming going la la la.. hooker.. I shoulda bombed her back yo Zora...

Reading this thread is torture. I really should have pre-ordered when I had the chance.

Check NowInStock and setup an alarm notifier for it. To those interested, Splatoon doesn't come out til Summer which could be between May(1st released that month) and August(sincerely doubt it'll be this late). My bet is either May or June so as to not crowd into MK8 Deluxe which drops next month. I died down pretty fast, but I think we should start another MK8 League of sorts again or a Fast RMX if enough people get that game on here.

That horrible, horrible feeling of frustration when you see a shooting star land somewhere behind some mountains and have no fucking clue where it is. Oh, and it's stormy and raining.

Edit: Followed by the horrid realization that it fell into the water. Fuck.

Edit 2: There's an area called Torin Wetland in Akkala that the times I've been there it wasn't really that much of a wetland...Until I went there in the rain periods. The place is flooded. The area actually CHANGED do to the weather. This is no the first time as I've actually noticed blizzards outside of Lanayru's colder regions, Gerudo Highlands, and Hebra in some of the higher altitude mountains. By which I mean, the weather indicator SAYS it snowing and you can actually see it and tell when it's gonna end. The dynamic weather in this game is fucking AMAZING.

Last edited:
Maxed out my Ancient Set and Barbarian Set this morning, feel pretty beastly. I tried to farm Dragon Horns earlier without much luck, kept getting Scales even with a direct hit on the Horn. Watched a vid from a guy that experienced the same thing and moved to a x3 shot bow and had better luck. Used a Lynel Bow with the x3 perk and went 3 for 3 on Horn Shards.

I farmed so many White Maned Lynels, that my old "go to" weapon for clearing harder enemies the Royal Greatsword with 52 dmg has turned into my "go to" trash clearing weapon while my Master Sword is on cool down. I'm loaded with Savage Lynel weapons that put it to shame.

Need to work on Korok Seeds and expand inventory slots. I think I'm only sitting around 65 and with 900 in the game there are a TON left to find. I was so focused on Shrines at the get go, that I'm sure I blew past a ton looking for the next Shrine.

Maxed out my Ancient Set and Barbarian Set this morning, feel pretty beastly. I tried to farm Dragon Horns earlier without much luck, kept getting Scales even with a direct hit on the Horn. Watched a vid from a guy that experienced the same thing and moved to a x3 shot bow and had better luck. Used a Lynel Bow with the x3 perk and went 3 for 3 on Horn Shards.

I farmed so many White Maned Lynels, that my old "go to" weapon for clearing harder enemies the Royal Greatsword with 52 dmg has turned into my "go to" trash clearing weapon while my Master Sword is on cool down. I'm loaded with Savage Lynel weapons that put it to shame.

Need to work on Korok Seeds and expand inventory slots. I think I'm only sitting around 65 and with 900 in the game there are a TON left to find. I was so focused on Shrines at the get go, that I'm sure I blew past a ton looking for the next Shrine.

Welcome to my world. I have so many Powerful Lynel bows it's crazy. My Lynel weapons are a bit lower since I'll either kill or wipe out a camp and find something absurdly powerful in the drops like a 40+ damage royal halberd or near 60 broadsword 70 claymore. It's why I consider durability to be a non issue in the later game especially if you have the weapon space.

2 questions (I have not played the game):

-Does anyone find the constant breakage of weapons annoying and tedious. Reading through the thread it seems that way. What if you find a weapon you really want to keep with like good stats or effects. Or is there no such thing in the game?

-Is there any underwater exploration or underwater cities or something.

GTA V is my favourite game of all time still. I think this Zelda game is the best game I have ever played. I don't want to complete it because I don't want it to end.

-Does anyone find the constant breakage of weapons annoying and tedious. Reading through the thread it seems that way. What if you find a weapon you really want to keep with like good stats or effects. Or is there no such thing in the game?

You get used to the weapons breaking. You can get new weapons when beating enemies. Plus you can use bombs, bow and arrows, rocks or the environment to beat enemies. Or just flat out run or glide away.

If there is any underwater cities or explanation I haven't located it. The map is huge. I've played for around 30 hours and have visited about 40% of the map.

There are weapons literally everywhere. I typically use one of my worst weapons for trash mobs and save my more powerful ones for tougher fights. It was a little annoying at first, but it's interesting. You'll eventually end up with more awesome weapons than you can carry.

No underwater gameplay.

There are weapons literally everywhere. I typically use one of my worst weapons for trash mobs and save my more powerful ones for tougher fights. It was a little annoying at first, but it's interesting. You'll eventually end up with more awesome weapons than you can carry.

No underwater gameplay.

This. At some point in the game(don't know the trigger, but I think it's max hp), it starts to scale weapon drops to your level. So the red easier to kill Hinox who early on dropped soldier tier weapons now drops knight tier weapons and later royal tier weapons while he'll be MUCH easier to kill due to your more powerful weapons. You can then just mark them on the map and farm away some of the best gear the game can toss at you. Mobs like Lynel and Guardians are really the only issues with weapons breaking, but that's kind of justified since they're Boss in Mook Clothing types. Sadly no there is no underwater section, but MY GOD is Zora's Domain FUCKING GORGEOUS during the rain.

So I killed a Lynel that was kind of beating my ass and he dropped me a sword with 100 attack.

Nice! Highest I've seen is the Savage Smasher at 78 dmg, but no bonuses. I have seen a +22 dmg bonus.

Nice! Highest I've seen is the Savage Smasher at 78 dmg, but no bonuses. I have seen a +22 dmg bonus.

I've heard it's possible to get weapons that do north of even 100, but that's Royal Guard Claymore territory and those are on the frail side(granted with that kind of power it doesn't matter). I'm definitely keeping this sword for posterity and will post about it on reddit later.

I've heard it's possible to get weapons that do north of even 100, but that's Royal Guard Claymore territory and those are on the frail side(granted with that kind of power it doesn't matter). I'm definitely keeping this sword for posterity and will post about it on reddit later.

I just got a Savage Lyndel Bow with a combined power of 160 (32x5) off the first White Maned Lynel I ever encountered!

I had originally thought that I was going to hate the weapon durability system, but like others have said there are weapons everywhere that you're rarely in need of them. It's fun trying out different weapons too since they play differently. You also get a weapon eventually that doesn't break, but needs a rest period where it becomes unavailable for about 10 minutes before recharging.

While I typically don't like using the two handed swords/weapons, I'm in love with the charged spinning attack they have. My go to way to wipe out silver colored enemies as well as both the shrine challenge and roaming Guardians. With 2 full stamina wheels you can wipe out almost any enemy before you stop spinning.

Finished my first guardian. Overall the experience was a lot of fun and I had to laugh at how long it took me to figure out something so simple.

The boss fight was a little disappointing, though. After fighting a Lynel it felt a little too easy. I also find the boss design to be a little bland and not unique.

I had originally thought that I was going to hate the weapon durability system, but like others have said there are weapons everywhere that you're rarely in need of them. It's fun trying out different weapons too since they play differently. You also get a weapon eventually that doesn't break, but needs a rest period where it becomes unavailable for about 10 minutes before recharging.

Add the Barbarian Set to this and you can really pour on the damage to the higher level damage sponges with the 50% damage bonus and decreased stamina usage on weapon attacks level 2 set bonus.

This works great on Guardians, but wouldn't use it on a Lynel since they don't leave a ton of time for openings, let alone a long 360 spin.

Finished my first guardian. Overall the experience was a lot of fun and I had to laugh at how long it took me to figure out something so simple.

The boss fight was a little disappointing, though. After fighting a Lynel it felt a little too easy. I also find the boss design to be a little bland and not unique.

Which one did you do first? My first Divine Beast was the Zora one and I thought the Waterblight Ganon boss fight was cool as hell. Completely different from fighting a Lynel, but also makes you be careful because it can put a whooping on you quickly.

Add the Barbarian Set to this and you can really pour on the damage to the higher level damage sponges with the 50% damage bonus and decreased stamina usage on weapon attacks level 2 set bonus.

This works great on Guardians, but wouldn't use it on a Lynel since they don't leave a ton of time for openings, let alone a long 360 spin.

It's tempting but the Barbarian outfit just looks like crap to me. Maybe without the helmet it'd be cool but then you don't get the bonus.

I get away with doing it on Lynels quite well. Use stasis+ and get behind them to start your spin, then make sure to move away from its weapon as you keep spinning. You can get in a decent amount, just have to watch out for their returning strike while you finish up the smash animation at the end of the spin.

Back