The kickfighting establishment is rotten to the core

Even the Thai promoters are guilty of pushing these guys over more legitimate guys. Again that comes down to promotion and bringing in eyes based on marketability.

This is silly and you would know that if you thought about it for 10 seconds.

Thai Fight is not the Glory of Muay Thai. Glory is regarded in kickboxing like weekday stadium is in Muay Thai. Glory singed the little Pinto, called him a prodigy and put him against a top 5 fighter. I've not heard of Pinto fighting Yodpanomrung on a stadium show. If something even close to that had happened you would have a valid point to make, but nothing has.

Sittichai himself said there are only a few thais right now that he thinks would be succesful in kickboxing.

I imagine Littewada, Yodpnomrung*, Kongsak, Sangmanee and Yodwicha would do well. Who else?

Probably fighters who were more like him when he competed in Muay Thai. Obviously the fighters you list are too good to be good at kickboxing. Well, Kongsak perhaps. A bit of Kaew in him.

This is silly and you would know that if you thought about it for 10 seconds.

Thai Fight is not the Glory of Muay Thai. Glory is regarded in kickboxing like weekday stadium is in Muay Thai. Glory singed the little Pinto, called him a prodigy and put him against a top 5 fighter. I've not heard of Pinto fighting Yodpanomrung on a stadium show. If something even close to that had happened you would have a valid point to make, but nothing has.
I wasn't equating the two just merely pointing out how marketing runs fight promotions. Glory isn't anything like the stadiums, completely different format and regarless, the vast majority of this board wouldn't agree that Glory is the pinnacle and that really the sport is fragmented with other promotions in China and Japan. Glory has consisntently been criticized on here since its conception so I don't get why you assume we hold it in such high regard.

And why don't all the raja and lumpinee promotions sign more 75+ kg europeans since they are the best in those weight classes? With Jtr logic it's discrimination bla bla bla.

Euro fans don't care about anything under 65 kg. Thai gamblers don't really care about anything under 65 kg. Simple as that

Because those weights don't exist as it is. If K-1, Glory etc didn't bother with 154 and below I wouldn't care and I can probably speak for Jay. There are Thai's at 165+ and you'll notice we are not bitching for them to compete in Glory's middleweight division.

They only started signing a good amount of Russian and Asian fighters in the last 2-3 years or so. If you remember the Tito Ortiz / Chuck Liddell era there wasn't many Russians or Asians if at all, and the organisation had been running for quite a few years already then.

The Russian MMA scene has only become really good in the last few years. Before that you had a few heavyweights who were good, but pretty much no one else.

The UFC has had lots of Japanese fighters come and go since the post Pride era, I haven't noticed any significant increase lately. If anything it seems like there are fewer Japanese fighters than before, or at least good ones.

I wasn't equating the two just merely pointing out how marketing runs fight promotions. Glory isn't anything like the stadiums, completely different format and regarless, the vast majority of this board wouldn't agree that Glory is the pinnacle and that really the sport is fragmented with other promotions in China and Japan. Glory has consisntently been criticized on here since its conception so I don't get why you assume we hold it in such high regard.

Only recently when Kunlun became a player was the first time such a debate could take place. Prior to Kunlun putting on better fights it was a near consensus Glory was the top kickboxing promotion in the world. Most who follow kickboxing will say Glory is the top promotion.

Because those weights don't exist as it is. If K-1, Glory etc didn't bother with 154 and below I wouldn't care and I can probably speak for Jay. There are Thai's at 165+ and you'll notice we are not bitching for them to compete in Glory's middleweight division.
Yep.

Last edited:
Only recently when Kunlun became a player was the first time such a debate could take place. Prior to Kunlun putting on better fights it was a near consensus Glory was the top kickboxing promotion in the world. Most who follow kickboxing will say Glory is the top promotion.
Okay cool. They have one division, 145 lbs that doesn't have the best Thais. K-1 has one division that doesn't have the best Thais. Cry me a fucking river. You don't even like Kickboxing BTW...

Okay cool. They have one division, 145 lbs that doesn't have the best Thais. K-1 has one division that doesn't have the best Thais. Cry me a fucking river. You don't even like Kickboxing BTW...

It's too bad truth or even trying to move in the direction of truth is something you don't think is important.

In this thread I have explained why I bitch and why not liking kickboxing is irrelevant to this discussion. I'm not sure why you included any of that.

It's too bad truth or even trying to move in the direction of truth is something you don't think is important.

In this thread I have explained why I bitch and why not liking kickboxing is irrelevant to this discussion. I'm not sure why you included any of that.
Out of curiosity would you actually want all the best 65kg MT guys fighting in Glory? Personally I wouldn't as I'd rather watch them fight in MT. I agree its cool to see the best MT guys make the transition every now and then and have them represented too. It seems to me like the best solution would be to have 2-3 guys in there but leave it at that. You might think an alternative would be a Thailand B team that would still beat most KB guys, but that would just make MT look bad if they lost to someone who would have gotten smashed by the top guys.

Out of curiosity would you actually want all the best 65kg MT guys fighting in Glory? Personally I wouldn't as I'd rather watch them fight in MT. I agree its cool to see the best MT guys make the transition every now and then and have them represented too. It seems to me like the best solution would be to have 2-3 guys in there but leave it at that. You might think an alternative would be a Thailand B team that would still beat most KB guys, but that would just make MT look bad if they lost to someone who would have gotten smashed by the top guys.
Lol when Jay wants to see them in glory he gets bashed for it by Jtr and coca

The best thais aren't even fighting at 145 lbs in thailand and yall mad bwcause they don't get signed at that weight by KB organizations. Smh

I complained about people only caring, or at least caring far more, about Thais who compete in kickboxing and view them as special. Since what the elite fighters who fight in the stadiums do is much more impressive and difficult. I don't want to see lots of good thais getting pouched and ending up in kickboxing, that would be terrible. But that doesn't mean that the way the kickboxing establishment treats thais is worthy of praise, in fact very much the opposite.

For all I know, if more thais started to get opportunities in kickboxing, it might result in a greater clarity of perspective. People wouldn't have to see Buakaw and Sittichai as muay thai gods, who had accomplished something incredible by succeeding in kickboxing. Just another couple of thais who aren't any better than the guys who slave away in the stadiums to no recognition. Who knows, once that happened maybe people would start to give stadium fighters their due.
I'm gonna be 100% real with you, euro fans will never care much about a fight like chujaroen vs chamuektong. They like to see fighters trying to gurt each others, not scpring according to what gamblers see as effective

There is not alot of incitament for thairs or farangs to fight at these weight classes. I'm sure more thais would fight in 65kg+ if the pay was better. It's funny how you are whining about thais not getting signed in 65+kg by Kb organisations when thai promoters don't even do it themselves

I'm gonna be 100% real with you, euro fans will never care much about a fight like chujaroen vs chamuektong. They like to see fighters trying to gurt each others, not scpring according to what gamblers see as effective

Back