The Disappearance of Shelly Miscavige (a Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath thread)

Is that right? So Rathbun is the real deal in terms of actually believing the shit?

What I want to know is how much of it does Miscavige actually believe. My suspicion is that he really believed it when he was coming up the ranks, but once he made it to the top he discovered the wizard behind the curtain and now it's just a big power trip for him.

But who knows.

Yeah i think so too, i think everyone that started with Hubbard believed they were actually making the world a better place, Miscavige also so he worked as hard as he could to move up and work with Hubbard, then he must have heard Hubbard said "its about making money and not paying taxes" (actual quote) and then Miscavige was like... "ok i can live with that, only if i run the place"

Evening guys, so i found this little gem on YouTube today, a rare interview from 1966 with the OG Hustler LRH himself, making an introduction to Scientology

Evening guys, so i found this little gem on YouTube today, a rare interview from 1966 with the OG Hustler LRH himself, making an introduction to Scientology

An interesting find. I'll have to check this out when I have the time to go through it.

"The futuristic fifth floor is set up to test and improve a Scientologist’s “perceptics.” These are 57 senses that Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard proposed were abilities that the immortal thetan — your true inner self or soul — had once possessed but need to be regained as part of a Scientologist’s exploration of his or her past lives"

images

A look inside one of Scientology's super cool looking buildings that seems to mostly sit empty and do very little of value:

http://tonyortega.org/2017/08/04/al...g-a-new-look-inside-scientologys-super-power/

It DOES look cool though!

Attn: @Mike @MusterX @Jackie Blue @weich @JosephDredd @chickenluver @LiLoMMA @MoparOrNoCar @Strychnine @Significance Deficit @Revolver @leto1776 @ralphc1 @JaegerIT

Well, they do make cool sci-fi like buildings, but its like the cheese and you are the rat, by the time you get there those slimy fucks already brainwashed you and drained your bank account

"The futuristic fifth floor is set up to test and improve a Scientologist’s “perceptics.” These are 57 senses that Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard proposed were abilities that the immortal thetan — your true inner self or soul — had once possessed but need to be regained as part of a Scientologist’s exploration of his or her past lives"

images

LOL

Looking over this list of "perceptics," I don't even understand how they qualify as senses:

Cellular and bacterial position?
Time track notation?
Gravitic?
Motion of Self?

I'm not even sure what that shit MEANS.

LOL

Looking over this list of "perceptics," I don't even understand how they qualify as senses:

Time track notation?
Gravitic?
Motion of Self?

Thats because you are not even OT8 bro, your Thetan superpowers are not activated because you are not cleared, please present yourself to your nearest Idea org for treatment.

Thats because you are not even OT8 bro, your Thetan superpowers are not activated because you are not cleared, please present yourself to your nearest Idea org for treatment.

You're probably right. I need to get audited STAT.

travolta.jpg

It's actually kinda smart.

"Invest in Real Estate."

"Why?"

"Because they don't make it anymore."

Interesting article about the new season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...rusade-i-want-a-federal-investigation-1027737

Remini is astonished at the impact of Aftermath's first season — which focused on disconnection. "We've heard from people who were inside Scientology, who told me, 'I watched your show. I went on the internet. I decided to leave. I am fighting for my children after watching your show,' " says Remini. "We get tons of those. And it's those moments that you go, 'OK — we're doing something.' "

Season two will ramp up the attacks on the religion, shining a light on what Remini calls "all of the abusive practices of Scientology — sexual abuse and physical abuse." Remini intends for the sophomore outing to move into an "activist" realm — meaning she hopes to present enough evidence of criminal wrongdoing to warrant a federal investigation. "I'm talking about the FBI, the police, the Department of Justice, the IRS," she says. "If the FBI ever wanted to get anywhere, all they would need to do is do a raid. Everybody who's ever gone to Scientology has folders, and anything you've ever said is contained in those folders."

Also, didn't realize but Kevin James' new show "Kevin Can Wait" is killing off his wife, and Leah Remini is getting a full time role for the show

Holy crap, from the same article I just posted

Asked to explain these "abusive practices," Remini takes a deep breath, then lays out some foundational principles. "Scientology policy dictates that children are grown men and women in little bodies. They believe a 7-year-old girl should not shudder at being passionately kissed. That's in Dianetics," she says, referencing L. Ron Hubbard's 1950 book that establishes core tenets. "If you join the Sea Org [a clergy class with a nautical heritage] as a child, your parents give you over to Scientology. Children are treated as crew. They are assets. And if a child is molested, that child and/or parent cannot go to the police, because it's against policy. They handle it in Scientology. They will usually bring the molester in and give them spiritual 'auditing,' or counseling." The victim, she continues, "gets punished for 'pulling it in,' which is a Scientology term that means you did something that you're not telling the church about — and that's why you received the abuse. The child is usually made to do some kind of amends, to make up for what happened to them."

That's pretty cool that some people who were actively involved with Scientology have gotten out because of the show.

I wonder exactly how they found the show and decided to watch it? The comment about "going on the Internet" is also interesting. I'm presuming here we're just talking about rank-and-file members who are out in the real world. Do regular Scientology people have Internet access in their homes or is that forbidden?

Holy crap, from the same article I just posted

That's obviously super fucked up, and yet I'm also not especially surprised.

That's pretty cool that some people who were actively involved with Scientology have gotten out because of the show.

I wonder exactly how they found the show and decided to watch it? The comment about "going on the Internet" is also interesting. I'm presuming here we're just talking about rank-and-file members who are out in the real world. Do regular Scientology people have Internet access in their homes or is that forbidden?

That's obviously super fucked up, and yet I'm also not especially surprised.
Yeah, who knows with the internet thing. Surprised Scientology doesn't provide their own internet network, sign up for only half your monthly wages

Bill Burr's acting class story is hilarious.
Short: he needed to take some acting class, got set up by an agent.

Went to meeting in Beverly Hills, he thinks they're nice but bizarrely enthusiastic.
He innocently remarks, "It feels like I'm joining a cult, here," to frowns.

Later had to be told, "Dude these are scientoligists, they're trying to recruit you."

He told the actor running the meeting not to call again.

LOL

Time track notation?
Gravitic?
Motion of Self?

Neither are they, I'm sure. They're literally just making this shit up as they go

Neither are they, I'm sure. They're literally just making this shit up as they go

I want to say that a high-up Scientology guy pretty much said exactly this a little while back. He walked in on Miscavige when Miscavige was working on finishing one of the OT tracks. Miscavige was like, "I have no idea how I'm going to finish this" and the guy was like, "Wait, WTF? I thought all this shit was supposed to be handed down from the Ascended Masters!" (or whatever).

I've been meaning to message you. I've got an upcoming auditing session with one of those non-scientology, dianetics people you hooked me up with. Looking forward to it. Might be good. Might be bad. Only one way to find out.
Was just browsing through the thread, and just realized that you spend much of your time in Toronto, is that where you're going to meet with the auditor?

I want to say that a high-up Scientology guy pretty much said exactly this a little while back. He walked in on Miscavige when Miscavige was working on finishing one of the OT tracks. Miscavige was like, "I have no idea how I'm going to finish this" and the guy was like, "Wait, WTF? I thought all this shit was supposed to be handed down from the Ascended Masters!" (or whatever).

Yep, im pretty sure this is true, the same happened a a few years back when Miscavige released the "New age of Technology" into the world, basically toppling all the stuff LRH put in place and invalidating everything everyone who originally worked with Hubbard knew, the guy is dug into power like a tick

Back