The Disappearance of Shelly Miscavige (a Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath thread)

I've been meaning to message you. I've got an upcoming auditing session with one of those non-scientology, dianetics people you hooked me up with. Looking forward to it.

No shit? Wow, that's interesting! You'll have to let us know how that goes.

Alright new season, awesome, i think at this point all the regulars of this thread are as interested as me on the CoS so we need more info

I've been meaning to message you. I've got an upcoming auditing session with one of those non-scientology, dianetics people you hooked me up with. Looking forward to it. Might be good. Might be bad. Only one way to find out.

Whoa, independent scientology claims to be the CoS without the bad shit, saying their science works, pro tip= it doesnt

Whoa, independent scientology claims to be the CoS without the bad shit, saying their science works, pro tip= it doesnt

Look up the stages of auditing. Several of them involve mastering your internal reactions to other people. I've never been able to find a way to practise that, not even acting lessons.

We talked about it earlier in the thread. It's interested me ever since i heard Will Smith talking about what it did for him. I didn't want to deal with the Scientology bullshit, tho.

I will definitely try it at least once.

Look up the stages of auditing. Several of them involve mastering your internal reactions to other people. I've never been able to find a way to practise that, not even acting lessons.

We talked about it earlier in the thread. It's interested me ever since i heard Will Smith talking about what it did for him. I didn't want to deal with the Scientology bullshit, tho.

I will definitely try it at least once.

What exactly did Will Smith say?

Have people ITT talked about the Joe Rogan interview with Miscgavige's dad, where his dad says his son is trying to kill him?

Hollywood folks in general are an odd lot. Its not just the Scientology thing. Check out this video. There is a quote by Leah in there regarding Kevin James.

"I think he called me a nasty named and grabbed my tit in the first 30 seconds. From that point on I was hooked."

What exactly did Will Smith say?

He just described the process of sitting down with a stranger and staring them in the eyes, but you focus your attention inwards to the emotional reactions you're having until you learn to control them, one by one, like any other emotion. He said it made his charisma / success, iirc.

I feel like i'm on autopilot around people and can't snap out of it. I've been trying to fix it for years, but everything i've tried had a layer of action obscuring my goal. Ie. in acting i couldn't focus inwards with the precision i needed and deliver dialogue at the same time.

Tom Cruise talks about mental training where every room you walk into you imagine plopping down pylons in the corner and that space becomes yours. You are the host, it's your job to ensure people are enjoying your party and laying the smack down when you need to.

He just described the process of sitting down with a stranger and staring them in the eyes, but you focus your attention inwards to the emotional reactions you're having until you learn to control them, one by one, like any other emotion. He said it made his charisma / success, iirc.

I feel like i'm on autopilot around people and can't snap out of it. I've been trying to fix it for years, but everything i've tried had a layer of action obscuring my goal. Ie. in acting i couldn't focus inwards with the precision i needed and deliver dialogue at the same time.

Tom Cruise talks about mental training where every room you walk into you imagine plopping down pylons in the corner and that space becomes yours. You are the host, it's your job to ensure people are enjoying your party and laying the smack down when you need to.

Interesting.

What do you mean exactly by autopilot?

I've got my DVR set for this next season!

Interesting.

What do you mean exactly by autopilot?

Instead of truly engaging people i'm half there, half working on things in my head. As a kid, daydreaming was my escape and i can't shake it. As an adult it means i'm always working on something. So many moments slip by where i don't get what i want because i'm repeating things i did / said in previous interactions instead of reacting to the actual situation i'm in.

Hard to explain.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread but since the topic is Scientology it's always cool to bring the Tool vs L Ron Hubbard moment that took place prior to a concert.

"During a 1993 show at the Church of Scientology’s Celebrity Centre in Los Angeles, Keenan (who would later write the lyrics "Fuck L. Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones" in "Ænema") bleated like a sheep for a good portion of the show. "Before our set this guy tries to intimidate me by showing me a gun in his jacket," Keenan recalled. "I explained to him that if he pissed me off I’d start a riot."

There's a live version of some of the songs out there and you can hear Maynard bahhh like a sheep.

https://toolnavy.com/archive/index.php/t-272.html

#toolbless

Ha, not really newsworthy, but anyone know what the L in L.Ron Hubbard stands for?

Lafayette

And saw a post where people were jokingly asking if Micheal McKean is actually L.Ron Hubbard

CBTzw_TWEAEupul.jpg

65518-004-B68A2E42.jpg

I blame Laverne and Shirley for all this Scientology stuff

Lenny-Squiggy-laverne-and-shirley-19107746-640-480.jpg

Last edited:
Not surprised if Rathbun has gone back in. He's a true believer in Hubbard's teachings, but believe the current church is a mess.

Not surprised if Rathbun has gone back in. He's a true believer in Hubbard's teachings, but believe the current church is a mess.

It was a scam and non stop bullshit from the start, its hard that it can somehow become something good because you cannot salvage anything

Is that right? So Rathbun is the real deal in terms of actually believing the shit?

What I want to know is how much of it does Miscavige actually believe. My suspicion is that he really believed it when he was coming up the ranks, but once he made it to the top he discovered the wizard behind the curtain and now it's just a big power trip for him.

But who knows.

Back