The All-Purpose Motorsports Thread

Lewis with a crazy pass on valteri!

Team orders. Verstappen is disturbing the air and they wanted to see if Hamilton could do any better. They also want to have Bottas between Hamilton and Vettel. Maybe Hamilton will give the position back at the end if they aren't under attack from Vettel.

Hamilton wins but he's not happy because he was given the race. He's a class act.

Hamilton wins but he's not happy because he was given the race. He's a class act.
Agreed. Lewis did show he was fast at one point and had a couple chances in val. Made a great pass on seb though.

Team orders. Verstappen is disturbing the air and they wanted to see if Hamilton could do any better. They also want to have Bottas between Hamilton and Vettel. Maybe Hamilton will give the position back at the end if they aren't under attack from Vettel.
Yeah. I was being sarcastic. Haha. But great analysis also. Thanks!

Tough to watch that but understandable. Both drivers looked unhappy with that but big picture comes first.

they should bring back fueling in F1.
another strategy to liven things up.
this is horrible

they should bring back fueling in F1.
another strategy to liven things up.
this is horrible

I never understood why took that away. I mean I get the cost-saving measure but that seems like a bad idea to cut cost.
In general, F1 went in the wrong direction the last 5-8 years.
I don't really want to see who can drive fuel efficient or who can make their tires last the longest.
I just want to see who can drive around a racetrack the fastest without crashing. That pretty much all that racing is.

I also have to say that this season was an excellent one from Hamilton. Probably his best.
And I am no fan of him but he I think all things considered Ferrari had the better car but Hamilton was able to beat them.

I went to the Charlotte race. It was fun. What a great finish. It'll be replayed a lot.

I never understood why took that away. I mean I get the cost-saving measure but that seems like a bad idea to cut cost.
I don't really want to see who can drive fuel efficient or who can make their tires last the longest.
I just want to see who can drive around a racetrack the fastest without crashing. That pretty much all that racing is.

I also have to say that this season was an excellent one from Hamilton. Probably his best.
And I am no fan of him but he I think all things considered Ferrari had the better car but Hamilton was able to beat them.
I don't know who you are, but it's like you're inside my head ffs. Spot on with all of those points.

The whole "make racing more environmentally friendly and 'sustainable' (lol)" signaled the downfall of motor racing in general but F1 really took a hit. Almost unwatchable IMO. Qualifying is often more entertaining and exciting than the fucking race. *makes rage face

Formula One is pretty much a race of who can go the fastest without crashing in qualifying to set the starting positions and there is very little passing in the race.

Fueling was stopped because of the dangers involved in trying to put highly flammable fuel into a race car in a very short time.

I know why fueling was eliminated but isn't it strange that in EVERY other form of motor racing, refueling is
an integral part of the strategy?

Sochi seems like more of a street circuit than a racing circuit which is odd because (I'm assuming) it was built relatively recently. Hamilton's strength is consistency. Cough* cough*, Vettel at Hockenhein cough* cough*

Also team orders

I know why fueling was eliminated but isn't it strange that in EVERY other form of motor racing, refueling is
an integral part of the strategy?

There are many forms that run short races and don't refuel. Most dirt track races don't refuel. If they have a long race they schedule a fuel stop at halfway.

Most motorcycle races don't involve refueling.

Go karts races don't involve refueling.

Formula E has no refueling strategy, every driver switches vehicles.

Most series have limited the size of the fuel tank on the car and some limit the amount of fuel that can be used for a race.

so you're saying returning to fueling during the race wouldn't add a bit of strategy to a boring series?
adding any type of variable might alter the outcome and make it less tedious.
I know, how about have two drivers per car and they have to switch at some point like they do in endurance
racing? Or how about have a 70 lap race go 35 laps and the remaining 35 with a flipped grid like they
do in BTTC.
They need to do something because it's borderline watchable at this point, and I've been watching it for
40 years. It's gotten progressively worse from a spectator's viewpoint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back