The All-Purpose Motorsports Thread

A shame we didnt get rain in the race. Would've made things extremely interesting

Well Ferrari and Vettel really fucked this season up themselves, unfortunately. Too many mistakes and too often a shit strategy from the team. Chances of them winning overall with 6 races left are slim to none. Unless some miracle of Lewis having DNF a few times haha.
As much as I hate saying this I think it's congratulations to Lewis already. At least now my Sundays will be free'd up and not have any further need to watch the races.

Formula One was very boring today.

There were a couple of overlays of hams quali lap yesterday and pole from last year and sebs lap from yesterday. Lewis was absolutely perfect and so much tighter around the lap at every single corner.

Vettel finishes 31 seconds behind Hamilton. He might as well have pitted.

I must have missed the reason why Bottas was so slow but imo he should have taken 3rd. He had softs and was within a couple seconds of Vettel who had old ultras at one point. He should have pushed him and tried to get by. Vettel would have either trashed his tires or let Bottas by to avoid excessive tire wear/pit. But like I said I missed what happened.

Also

giphy-2.gif

Is this a good pit/tire strategy? - Ferrari

great, nascan is running late and will run over into Indy Car broadcast from Sonoma.

Well Ferrari and Vettel really fucked this season up themselves, unfortunately. Too many mistakes and too often a shit strategy from the team. Chances of them winning overall with 6 races left are slim to none. Unless some miracle of Lewis having DNF a few times haha.
As much as I hate saying this I think it's congratulations to Lewis already. At least now my Sundays will be free'd up and not have any further need to watch the races.

Me too.

The strategy turned out to be wrong and Vettel defended the team for it. But I can't see what else they could've done differently. They couldn't match Lewis and play defensive. I can respect a team for trying something different to try to get a W.

Except I start watching.. I miss the European season and Singapore because the races are on at rubbish times for me.

nice win by hunter rey and nice season championship for Dixon....again!
5 times

Kyle Busch won in Richmond. It was his 7th win of the season.

There were a lot of empty seats.

Ok. Thanks. Hope it improves soon!

It's doubtful that it will. Racing in general is losing interest worldwide. Sponsors are hard to come by to offset costs for even the good teams. When last years NASCAR championship winning team loses it's sponsor while in the thick of the race for another championship, how will the back marker teams fare?

Manufacturers are pulling out or cutting back because winning on Sunday doesn't translate into sales on Monday like it used to.

Probably the biggest problem is the lack of interest from younger generations. Less than 25% of NASCAR viewers are between the ages of 18 and 49. Viewership declines by about 10% per year. Not that many years ago, it was almost impossible to get a ticket for a race at Bristol. This year they sold less than a third of their seats.

Economics plays a big part. Many people who like racing don't have the disposable income or time to attend races. The drivers are not relatable "good ole boys". They are millionaires. The venues milk the spectators for money. The big money television networks paid for broadcast rights have them milking sponsors for more money. Car sponsors have to pay to get their names mentioned on air.

The cars are not relatable either as they don't exist outside of racing. People no longer have that love affair with their cars anyway.

Racing is dying with it's fans.

Back