Tennis Player outed as "alt-right" faces backlash

Ben Shapiro is definitely a right winger and I'd even go as far as to say he's far right but he's had major disagreements with not only the alt right, who dislike him because he's a Jew, but also with Trump supporters because he's a never Trump guy.

its all so confusing.

So hes a right/far right winger but that doesn't please the entire population of the right because hes a Jew who thinks Trump is a cunt?

This comment is actually quite funny in light of the commonly used tactic of calling people racists to score points which tends to come out of the leftist camp.

Not only because it so often is just lying, but there is also the parallel of assuming the person is a liar if they deny such accusations, much like the witch hunts of old

So you are either a racist or a liar (which makes you a racist)

It's like testing the innocence of someone accused of witchcraft by dunking them in the river. If they drowned, they were innocent. If they survive then they are a witch so they should be burned at the stake.

As for the story, the witchunting parallel seems also to apply, but who knows who this guy is. I assume there are some political activists behind these sorts of things.

the guy only retweeted some alt-lite figures like PJW and shapiro FFS .
he shouldnt have caved in and deleted the stuff .

I'm a huge tennis fan and many of the young American male players are conservative.

I'm a huge tennis fan and many of the young American male players are conservative.
white college kids from fairly wealthy backgrounds. Thats mostly what american produce in tennis. Hence why they are also not so good at it now that serena is gone

I used to be a pretty leftie guy. It's this insanity and hysteria that have driven me further and further right until I've become a centrist entirely. A wave of conservative pushback is coming against all this shit with or without Trump in the picture.

I don't think any moderately left/Libertarian/ Independent can come into the War Room and not get pushed to the right. There is a frothing hate towards anything non far left in this place that would rival the most racist far right sites.

white college kids from fairly wealthy backgrounds. Thats mostly what american produce in tennis. Hence why they are also not so good at it now that serena is gone

Not so good?

Being in the top 100 is elite.

America is not doing as well as they were during the 90s, but they're doing fine.

For me this isnt even about his views. But more of how stupid and short sighted people are with their careers. This guy has been a below average player for many years and never in million years thought he would have this kind of breakthrough in this Australian Open. If you look at his twitter account....he tweets like an average guy who has no concerns about future sponsors or his image. I know people will say well why should he care. I say then why did he not say I stand by what I say instead of deleting his twitter and release a statement acting like a victim? I say plenty of stupid things on sherdog to sometimes get reaction of people. Do you think this means more to me than making more money or I wouldnt give up social media for money?

I don't think any moderately left/Libertarian/ Independent can come into the War Room and not get pushed to the right. There is a frothing hate towards anything non far left in this place that would rival the most racist far right sites.

Yeah it's hilarious if you've paid attention to this place over the last 2-3 years. During 2015 and the emergence of the SJW and the height of pc culture, most of the lefties in the war room mocked the SJW. They mocked political correctness just as the right did. Now in 2018 most of the leftie war room regulars have thoroughly embraced SJW ideology. I imagine they evolved (or devolved depending how you see it) to match their peers and "in group" because they didn't want to go against the grain.

Well yes I assume their parents are conservative and mostly had a good experience there and continue in that manner. I would guess also Serena reflects similar political views as her dad.
Her Dad did beg white men to train her. Constantly sending out tapes of her. Thankfully, one finally stepped in and helped and maximized her raw incredible athleticism.

The snowflakes go on and on about how insensitive and deeply, meaningfully hurtful it is to call people names and brand them with hateful terms, and yet they can't go 30 minutes without calling someone a "racist" or "sexist" or "bigot".

See how stupid this is? Fair is fair. A coin has two sides.

If you pay attention closely, you'll notice that snowflakes disapprove of "hateful terms" for people that already suffer stigma or at the bottom in social prestige. This is why they'll call you out for silly things like calling gays "phags", the n-word, etc.

Hateful terms for hateful people cancels out. Double negatives.

<[analyzed}>

They're on similar supplements, shame Randleman didn't have a bunker to hide in when he gave horse piss for analysis.

She is the biggest PED fraud in the history of modern sports.

A drug testing panic room built in her house!!!

The radical left hates free speech.

I don't get it.

Alt-righters (or whomever) are free to tweet to their heart's content.

Radical lefties (or whomever) are also free to respond to said tweets.

The media is also free to comment. And let's not forget something very important here. The media is a product of capitalism - if you don't like it, move to North Korea where everything is sanitized for you, because it sure as hell seems like you are perfectly fine with a tennis player opening his mouth, but take issue with others being able to respond in kind.

Well yes I assume their parents are conservative and mostly had a good experience there and continue in that manner. I would guess also Serena reflects similar political views as her dad.
Her Dad did beg white men to train her. Constantly sending out tapes of her. Thankfully, one finally stepped in and helped and maximized her raw incredible athleticism.
Before this tournament he has never won a match in a slam and has won 2 matches in the main tour his whole career when one was due to injury. He plays in the chalengers tour. So lol at saying he is elite

US mens tennis player Tennys Sandgren, the last American eliminated at the Australian Open is facing a backlash from the media and some prominent names in the tennis community. His Crime.....

Apparently he had tweeted something about pizzagate being legitimate and also had the audacity to re-tweet some right-wing favorites like Paul Joseph Watson, Joseph Peterson, Ben Shapiro and Mike Cerovich.

The media has already pounced and labeled Sandgren an alt-righter, and tennis' biggest star Serena Williams is demanding an apology. In a news conference following his loss Sandgren read a prepared statement, but refused to answer questions. He lashed out at the media for not focusing on the tennis

Sandgren has also since deleted all his old tweets.

So is this fair to this guy? Pizzagate is stupid IMO, but is tweeting something about it enough to get you labeled a racist alt-right member? And all his re-tweets seem to be of pretty mainstream voices on the right with the exception of maybe Cernovich.

Would Serena or Venus get the same treatment if they re-tweet Shaun King or Deray McKesson? Why the double standard?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ld-never-have-tweeted/?utm_term=.db09a3d74999
1. you cant call what treatment serena willimas would face a double standard when it disnt happen. if it did happen thr media wouldnt say anything but independant media would.

2. sandgren should know at press confrences the reporters tend to stick to any stoey regarding the athlete as a whole and not just whats relevant to the sport. doesnt matter if its right or wrong its what they do. to act suprised is playing stupid. sandgren just like all other people who open their mouths online should know by now to be careful what you say.

besides of you dont want the whole world to know your political ideas then dont announce them to the world and not expect a nay sayers.

Serena Williams doesn't need or want an apology but good for her that she speaks for all black people. That's what she means by the black fist emoji, right?

She's such a scumbag lol.

These people really know how to play the card. Many are here on Sherdog.

See what they do themselves is they actually do not like White people, but they are outnumbered, so they pander. They are VERY good at articulating this as they've seen it and heard it all their lives growing up.

In the case of this tennis player, she is outing him publicly, isolating him, basically giving him no options to redeem himself and doing the stupid little black power fist emoji that everyone who has over a 80IQ can put two and two together for what it means.

Oh man the system is worked good and she's got all these white followers just eating it up, "standing" for her all the while she's grinning from ear to ear after posting that tweet probably uttering fuck white people.

Back