Social Obama faces backlash for film's 'Warning' about White People

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Former President Barack Obama is facing backlash on Monday over a film on which he was a consultant, which "warns" about white people.

After concluding his presidency in 2017, Obama has written a bestselling memoir and signed a deal with Netflix to produce films and television series. The former president has also created Higher Ground, a production company co-led by his wife, former first lady Michelle Obama, in which projects were set to touch on issues of race and class, democracy and civil rights.

The company's first production, American Factory, debuted in 2019 and centered on an abandoned General Motors plant that was reopened in Ohio by a Chinese billionaire. The film took home an Oscar for Best Documentary Feature.

More recently, Obama served as a consultant on Sam Esmail's latest film, Leave the World Behind, based on Rumaan Alam's novel of the same name.

The scene in question shows a Black couple lying in bed as the lines, "I'm asking you to remember that if the world falls apart, trust should not be doled out easily to anyone, especially white people."

Obama was a producer that gave notes for the film.

Has anyone here watched it? Does anyone have plans to watch it?

Last edited:
As a conservative, I will call this article out as nothing more than outrage clickbait.

I watched the movie.

The "couple" is actually a father consoling his scared smart assed limousine liberal daughter in a crisis. The line is typical of her character and is a very small part of the movie.

The father is actually quite wholesome and one of the only likeable characters in the movie.

Movie is average at best, cheese mixed with very relatable situations and good suspense. It botched the ending though.

Last edited:
What are we doing here? Why does it feel like those behind this "backlash" are attempting to assign the racially cynical sentiments of a fictional character in a movie on which Obama served only as an adviser to the man himself?

That's not how art works, idiots.

White people unite and take out this rabble rouser.
Is that what we supposed to do?

If it were Trump consulting for a movie that said that about blacks, there'd be Democrat endorsed riots in every major city, tbf.
Can you imagine someone actually asking Trump to consult on something...

The Consulted "Mr Trump, how would you go about dealing with the climax of our story here"

Donald "Give me a million dollars and I'll turn it into a trillion for your grandchildren and pay you back $25,000 and give you a tour of Mar a Lago...trust me"

Not really. You'd have to ignore a lot of recent history to think what I'm proposing is "weird speculation".

Well, it is "weird speculation" because there's a zero percent chance for him to be an advisor to a film.

Are you ready for the great blackout? I believe it's coming sooner than later

Hes probably just warning about you Dylan roof looking bowl-haircut incels. That's common sense stuff

It's not a fucking book! It's a weapon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back