Teddy Atlas exposing Deontay Wilder

I generally don't tend to read 500,000 word essays on this forum.

Teddy talks a big talk. As a trainer, he was mediocre at best and is now too concerned with conspiracies in the boxing world to really notice the fighters.
but just from them clips, he's right, still wilder finds a way to win.

not watched much of wilder but i wonder how chris arreola is doing now

I once saw Deontay Wilder knock out a guy who had better fundamentals than him

And you'd be saying he was the greatest fighter to ever step in the ring.

Not throwing like that I wouldn't. I'm also very underwhelmed by Usyk, think Provodnikov is a one note brawler whose style has already caught up with him, and while GGG is no doubt the top MW in the world, Jacobs showed he can be outboxed.

This thread just proves you give passes, or will tear a sublime performance to shreds based upon the fighter's respective nationality.

I guarantee, give Wilder white skin and a Slavic name, you'd be giving him the shit he deserves.

Not throwing like that I wouldn't. I'm also very underwhelmed by Usyk, think Provodnikov is a one note brawler whose style has already caught up with him, and while GGG is no doubt the top MW in the world, Jacobs showed he can be outboxed.

This thread just proves you give passes, or will tear a sublime performance to shreds based upon the fighter's respective nationality.

I guarantee, give Wilder white skin and a Slavic name, you'd be giving him the shit he deserves.
I like Gvodzyk or however you spell it. He was the only one who really impressed me on that triple header a few weeks back.

I would like to know the reason for disdain against the euro boxers?

I would like to know the reason for disdain against the euro boxers?
IT started as an old running joke on the forum about "exotic white fighters." I believe it started with Lucas Mathysse actually.

A few people didn't get the joke, apparently, and held onto it for years and years and brought it up all the time. Now every time I'm not wowed by a european fighter beating some tomato can, everyone loses their shit.

I think a few people on this forum think I'm black too, for some reason. Probably because I liked Mayweather.

IT started as an old running joke on the forum about "exotic white fighters." I believe it started with Lucas Mathysse actually.

A few people didn't get the joke, apparently, and held onto it for years and years and brought it up all the time. Now every time I'm not wowed by a european fighter beating some tomato can, everyone loses their shit.

I think a few people on this forum think I'm black too, for some reason. Probably because I liked Mayweather.

Ah all makes sense now.

I do share the view on, let say Vasyl at 8-1 and being compared to ATGs is crazy and too early.

Liking May don't mean you're black. Testament maybe? Greatness perhaps.

I generally don't tend to read 500,000 word essays on this forum.

Then just read this. It must not have been too horrible because a guy that actually runs a Boxing gym, MMA gym and BJJ gym here liked the post. RR vouched for him too. This is what Wilder needs to do immediately. Not next year.

He needs to start with the basics and prioritize them. He can begin by working on his stance, balance, posture & punching technique. After that, developing reasonably proficient footwork & positioning, movement & respectable defense. Defense through footwork, by working angles when attacking & retreating (stay off the center line & break off of it when you attack), guard usage for blocking, catching & deflecting shots, parrying, ducking (quick level change usually accompanied with a roll) & dipping, range control for keeping opponents at bay in the first place, head movement (preemptive & reactive inside & outside slips), smothering, etc... with pulling, rolling & relying on reflexes as a last resort. Developing sound punching technique (proper form & mechanics) is necessary in his case especially because there's nothing scientific about it at present and it's certainly a liability when he opens up, even when he's throwing his jab. Keep the damn chin tucked (put a tennis ball under it & drill all day until it becomes habitual), elbows in, eyes on your opponent at all times and your hands up (going back to working behind a guard).
^
Stance, balance, posture, punching technique, footwork, positioning & defense. He needs all of this soon. If he develops a stiff educated jab and learns to control range with it then that'll buy him some more time to make these improvements. When Wlad went to Steward he had Wlad putting on some range control masterclasses in order to stay on the outside and fight his fight (boxing from the outside), and it took a while. Getting the fundamentals down better, drilling proper technique and learning to control range well are what should be prioritized by his trainer for him as we speak if he wants to keep his world title for a while longer. Get the basics down and Teddy will get off his back. Speaking of his back, there's a big target on it. His next opponent will be looking to exploit these glaring flaws and many, many more that Atlas didn't even touch on. I knew that he was really bad fundamentally but this is shockingly bad. His power will only be able to bail him out for so much longer. His handlers know this.

Last edited:
Boxing needs more guys with Teddy's knowledge and passion. He wasn't Manny in terms of training guys but he loves the sport. I always enjoy his rants even when i disagree with them.

Then just read this. It must not have been too horrible because a guy that actually runs a Boxing gym, MMA gym and BJJ gym here liked the post. RR vouched for him too. This is what Wilder needs to do immediately. Not next year.

He needs to start with the basics and prioritize them. He can begin by working on his stance, balance, posture & punching technique. After that, developing reasonably proficient footwork & positioning, movement & respectable defense. Defense through footwork, by working angles when attacking & retreating (stay off the center line & break off of it when you attack), guard usage for blocking, catching & deflecting shots, parrying, ducking (quick level change usually accompanied with a roll) & dipping, range control for keeping opponents at bay in the first place, head movement (preemptive & reactive inside & outside slips), smothering, etc... with pulling, rolling & relying on reflexes as a last resort. Developing sound punching technique (proper form & mechanics) is necessary in his case especially because there's nothing scientific about it at present and it's certainly a liability when he opens up, even when he's throwing his jab. Keep the damn chin tucked (put a tennis ball under it & drill all day until it becomes habitual), elbows in, eyes on your opponent at all times and your hands up (going back to working behind a guard).
^
Stance, balance, posture, punching technique, footwork, positioning & defense. He needs all of this soon. If he develops a stiff educated jab and learns to control range with it then that'll buy him some more time to make these improvements. When Wlad went to Steward he had Wlad putting on some range control masterclasses in order to stay on the outside and fight his fight (boxing from the outside), and it took a while. Getting the fundamentals down better, drilling proper technique and learning to control range well are what should be prioritized by his trainer for him as we speak if he wants to keep his world title for a while longer. Get the basics down and Teddy will get off his back. Speaking of his back, there's a big target on it. His next opponent will be looking to exploit these glaring flaws and many, many more that Atlas didn't even touch on. I knew that he was really bad fundamentally but this is shockingly bad. His power will only be able to bail him out for so much longer. His handlers know this.
<LikeReally5>

But he always finds a way to win. Wilder seems to get a lot of hate. Especially from the Euro fans.

I'm an American. Wilder is garbage. Has a good punch but ZERO fundamentals and boxing skills. He does find a way to win, but that speaks more to the level of competition rather than his quality as a fighter.

His technique, defense and footwork are pretty horrible

And he will knock Joshua's head off, problem?
Well he better, and do it fast because the way he holds his chin up and hands down he probably won't be on his feet long. I like him and wish him and his daughter the best but a professional boxer leaving themselves that wide open is dangerous to say the least, especially a hw.

How soon can we get Joshua vs Wilder?

I'm not sure why anybody disses Wilder, he's one of the best of a bad hw group

Back