Teddy Atlas exposing Deontay Wilder

You know my feelings on pros ducking anyone, but at some point Wilder is gonna have to get in there with the top of the division. Posturing on social media means nothing.
Yeah I agree. Im still giving him a pass off the injuries and Povetkin situation. Hes kind of in a dangerous spot. He looked so bad and rusty against Washington almost seems like he needs another tune up or confidence booster. But unfortunately hes already exhausted those options whether its his fault or not. He really has to take risk and fix his resume. No more excuses. Especially when AJ is putting in work and winning at a much faster pace.
I think Wilder is being horribly mismanaged.

All his of Atlas' observations were right. Watching any Wilder fight it's obvious he's woefully under skilled for the level he's fighting at.

One does not need Teddy Atlas to see Deontay Wilder's faults. A working pair of eyes would do just fine, and your eyes dont give you shitty analogies all the time.

Wilder is hilarious when he puts himself off-balance swinging wildy, as if he had stepped on his cock. Atlas is right to point it out.

That being said, when he takes his time and works patiently behind his jackhammer of a jab (ie the Duhaupas fight), he's far from ridiculous. It's a matter of pacing himself and taking advantage of his reach. He will never be Larry Holmes or Lennox Lewis, but he already has the tools to work decently. He just has to be willing to do so.

His size, power and range make him a challenge for anyone if he sticks to simple, sound things. Fury's range and footwork may put him out of his element, I'd favor Joshua's explosiveness and cleaner technique against him, but I'd never bet against the mofo.

Sure most who've watched him know it already.
He's awful and it's a shame how this guy is a world champion.Only reason he kept it is because he avoids anyone decent as he'd lose and be badly exposed in a fight.

The top guys would humiliate him.
Fury would box circles around him.
Joshua would take his head off.
Even 41 year old washed up Wlad should beat him.

Cunningham dropped Fury. If Wilder lands on Fury, we will see some funny gypsy faces.

As for the video, anybody can see that Wilder's balance and technical ability are not his strengths as a fighter.

wilder is smart. fights locally against bums. makes a shitload of money. low risk. nice life.

who cares what anyone else thinks. it's a career and a successful one at that. why get beat up more than you have to?

he was some broke piece of shit and now he's rich. his fights are usually beatdowns. no complaints here
That's all gravy, how he's fighting bums in 'Bama and making a mint. Problem is that he's ding it while holding the green belt.

@Seano, you see that giant wall of text in post #55 that I typed up? Read it. You don't have to put him under the microscope to see what knowledgeable boxing heads already know. That's the nicest way to say it. I'm really not surprised that his HW record KO streak came to an end when he fought Stiverne. Once he starts fighting top level competition he won't be this beast that you're pretending he is. You'll see when that happens.
Let's not pretend that Stiverne challenged Wilder even in the slightest. Also that Stiverne was rocked so bad that he shot a double leg on Wilder just to survive at the end of the round.

Atlas is both an overrated trainer and broadcaster.

Back