Stephen Thompson expects Tyron Woodley trilogy: ‘The fans know I can beat him’

Personally I never want to see another Woodley/Wonderboy match.

Probably he could win, but he'd need to address why he lost both fights.
Tentative in the first... and he admitted it openly after, so it's not like he doesn't already know this.
SO tentative in the second that even I didn't watch the whole thing and I'll watch just about anything.

There's too much on the line for him to come out guns blazing, so he wont. He would have done it already if he could.

@Stephen Thompson gotta pull the trigger bud. CroCop him if you get another opportunity but I think you have to be the one to take the chance, not him.

Woodley almost killed him in both fights. Woodley is the far superior fighter.

Wtf!?? He got two chances, And wants a third one?

A lot of other guys in line.

Thompson had 2 chances already and gave us boring ass fights where he in no way looked like he was willing to do what it takes to win the belt. No thanks.

I'd watch it, but only for the historical nature of the event...

the first 15 round draw in mma!

I'm all for a third fight between Woodley and Thompson as long as it's not on a main card.

At this point he is probably just trolling us lol.

In two fights, Woodley did all the significant damage to Wonderboy and none in return. Maybe he's right that he can win if he just lets his hands (and feet) go more often, but you'd think he would have come into the rematch with that type of mentality, and didn't.

For me the person who did the most damage wins the fight. Maybe it stems from watching so many Prides back in the day. I didn't think Thompson drew any of those fights . Woodley won both of them.

The thing that really bothered me about the second fight is before it Wonderboy said in numerous interviews "I'm going to let myself go this time and hurt him". He basically danced around and didn't even lay anything of significance on Woodley so he left me utterly disappointed.

As to seeing this again i don't want another snoozefest. I would rather see Woodley fight Conor or Nick if Maia and Mazvidal are out of the picture.

The fans don't support you on this Wonderboy. Nobody wants a champion who is too afraid to really fight and just wants to point fight his way to the belt.

Listen, Wonderboy seems like a cool guy but he had 10 rounds with Woodley and he did nothing but survive getting his ass kicked.

nah, time for new fights. 10 rounds was enough already, had your chance twice which is more than most fighters can say. Can't accept defeat, won't win.

Rather watch Silva vs Brunson again on repeat than see this rematch

Indirectly saying he shouldn't have been so gunshy helps alot IMO

But its no proof that he wouldnt do it again.

Nobody cares. Guy had two gos & is getting a laughable amount of leeway just because he's a nice guy.

B.Stann said it best. Some fighters pair up and make outstanding fights and some pair up and make dull fights. ST and TW are the latter.

Never want to see them fight each other again.

Back