Stephen Thompson expects Tyron Woodley trilogy: ‘The fans know I can beat him’

UFC-205-Woodley-Thompson.jpg

I am a fan and sure they are both capable but I don't want this right now.

110_Stephen_Thompson.0.0.jpg
"I feel I can go out there and I know I can beat him. I mean just in the last two fights, I know if I put forth just a little bit more effort and actually go out there and just do what I know I can do, just fight, you know, I know I can beat him. I know I can do it. And the fans do too. Of course, you’re out there being cautious, but sometimes you gotta grit your teeth, bite down on that mouthpiece and go. And I didn’t do that in the last fight. And that’s something that I know if I go out there and do, then I’ll ended up winning. But the fight happened twice and I’ll fight who I gotta fight next and we’ll do it again.”

I dont think you can nor do i wanna see you fight him again lol
PLease no

I don't want to see that shit again. I thought he did enough to win. But, he clearly should have done more.

I don't think they'll make this fight. The last one was not entertaining. Nobody is clamoring for that shit.

You had two shots and cut Maia in line for the 2nd one; "i could win" isn't good enough to get a 3rd crack against a new champion.

no we dont we already seen 10 rounds of you afflicting no damage

I think Thompson could definitely beat him. But I'm not interested in seeing a 3rd fight with the title on the line. The 1st fight was good, but the 2nd was worse than watching 2 friends spar each other.

Pssssst, Wonderboy.....nobody wants to see you fight him again.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

He said pretty much that same exact thing after the first fight. Please tell me that's actually a quote from after the first fight? He can't be trying to fool us again, can he?

Wonderboy needs to muster up some aggression.

50 minutes ... Almost dieded 5 times and did no discernible damage to Woodley. Yeah WE know you can beat him

2nd fight he didn't do much but the 1st fight he busted up Woodley's face, gave him black eyes, & worked his body & legs. Woodley came closer to the finish & opened a good cut the 1st rd. but you're exaggerating what had happened.

yeah, nope. sorry buddy but i know i dont want to see that again. you did absolutely nothing in both fights. tyron backpedalled a lot yes but you didnt do anything either and i put more of the blame on you than tyron. too cautious, lets see woodley maia please.

Naw, I'm good.

I don't remember every minute of both fights, but I can't remember WB ever having T-Wood's number or having him hurt. I do remember the 4th round of the first fight and the 5th round of the second fight though.

I'm pretty much done with Wonderboy after that awful rematch.

Nah, its enough
Can he beat him? Sure but he needs to be more aggressive with his kicks

The first fight was entertaining but the second was a snoozefest. I want to see at least one fighter who will be aggressive.

I thought he did beat him and it was so dull, I have no wish to see him do it again.

I dont want to see these 2 fight again lol. Both get way too cautious but atleast tyron ends up being the one that lands actual significant strikes that do damage. Weve heard this all from thompson before.

Back