Stephen Thompson expects Tyron Woodley trilogy: ‘The fans know I can beat him’

J

JollyRants

110_Stephen_Thompson.0.0.jpg
"I feel I can go out there and I know I can beat him. I mean just in the last two fights, I know if I put forth just a little bit more effort and actually go out there and just do what I know I can do, just fight, you know, I know I can beat him. I know I can do it. And the fans do too. Of course, you’re out there being cautious, but sometimes you gotta grit your teeth, bite down on that mouthpiece and go. And I didn’t do that in the last fight. And that’s something that I know if I go out there and do, then I’ll ended up winning. But the fight happened twice and I’ll fight who I gotta fight next and we’ll do it again.”

I dont think you can nor do i wanna see you fight him again lol

Their two first fights were basically draws. Either one can win.

Nope you had your shot twice Stephen. And you were gunshy in both fights. Back to the bottom kid!

Yeah, no. Dude had his chance, and fought super tentative. If he won a decision, it would have been smart I guess, but losing the decision = 0-2 against TW, and with a boring fight, no support for a third.

You would have if you threw an few more leg kicks...

Technicaly i know i could beat dark souls if i kept trying too you know... (no pun intended :rolleyes:)

I am sure he could on a good day, but I am not sure if I am too interested in watching it

I 100% agree with him and he's right. In fact I would be on Thompson winning the fight if they did fight again and I personally thought he won the second fight while the first one was a draw. However, I dont wanna see this fight again and not because it was uneventful but the fact that Thompson had 10 rounds to "bite down" and let his hands go and he didnt. He had his chance and didnt take it, time for others to fight Twood. Lets see Maia if he wins, perhaps a Lawler rematch or Masvidal if he beats Maia and moves up

He doesn't even believe that himself. He told everyone what he did wrong first time around, came in and did even less.

He doesn't deserve another shot as long as Woodley holds the belt. Maybe if Maia or Masvidal take it, but both of them would beat him anyway. Wonderboy won't hold gold in the UFC.

I agree with him. He has the talent. Just has to pull the trigger.

You have your opportunity (twice/50 minutes) n didn't pull the trigger

Back of the line for you

50 minutes ... Almost dieded 5 times and did no discernible damage to Woodley. Yeah WE know you can beat him

As someone who was rooting for Wonderboy he needs to STFU

He is racist to say that.
Him vs cerrone or condit would be a good fight.

The fans don't watch MMA to see a "chess match". The sooner you get that through your head Wonderboy and let your hands (and legs) go, the better off you will be.

Oh, and let your Dad shout encouragement from the couch like any father should and hire a real trainer who can give you useful advice during the fight.

Wonderboy better (win and) hope someone takes that belt.

Back