Stephen Thompson expects Tyron Woodley trilogy: ‘The fans know I can beat him’

I thought Wonderboy very narrowly won both fights by the judging criteria, but I don't think he'll get another shot for a long time, and I have no sympathy really, the fact that he said "if I had put in more effort" is a good enough reason for him to never get another shot, point fighting doesn't deserve to be rewarded, it was like the striking equivalent of lay and pray.

Tyron did nothing for 20 minutes so he deserves no credit either in my opinion.

This is the joke of the. ST is like a bad smelling fart in a storm, he is not worth mentioning at this point, he should not be in the title picture for the next three years.

Fool me once shame on you.
Twice, shame on me.

Three times?.......

This is what you get for fighting tentatively. Not only did you lose the fight but you lost your fans. Now most people don't want to see you fight anyone.

The guys that really go for it, sometimes they lose but at least teh fans always want to see them fight again.

B.Stann said it best. Some fighters pair up and make outstanding fights and some pair up and make dull fights. ST and TW are the latter.

Never want to see them fight each other again.
Their first fight wasn't dull, their 2nd was.

And as a fan of MMA I can't wait until I never see that fight happen

He lost both (by the new rules). Don't want to see again. Boring as fuck.

"I know if I put forth just a little bit more effort and actually go out there and just do what I know I can do, just fight, you know, I know I can beat him."

Then F'ing do it!! Damn man, you had 2 chances and didn't get it done. You had 50 minutes to finish him and you didn't do it. Why didn't you just "put forth just a little bit more effort" if that's all it takes to beat him?!?

2nd fight he didn't do much but the 1st fight he busted up Woodley's face, gave him black eyes, & worked his body & legs. Woodley came closer to the finish & opened a good cut the 1st rd. but you're exaggerating what had happened.
Two black eyes lol. His eyes are always black (power to the people). He's not exaggerating anything, he was almost finished a couple times and u talking about leg kicks.

Wonderboy had two chances and couldn't beat him.

Whose fault is that?

Two black eyes lol. His eyes are always black (power to the people). He's not exaggerating anything, he was almost finished a couple times and u talking about leg kicks.
1479440404_maxresdefault.jpg

I'm pretty sure this 1 was post UFC 205. The exaggeration I was referring to was that there was "no damage" done by Thompson in either fight.

I really wanted to see Wonderboy win but now I have no interest. I still love him and his style but when facing tough opposition he can't pull the trigger. It was his job to beat the champ and he failed.

First fight was great.....second fight boring AF....Not interested right now, or ever.....those two are too afraid of each other to engage.

I really wanted to see Wonderboy win but now I have no interest. I still love him and his style but when facing tough opposition he can't pull the trigger. It was his job to beat the champ and he failed.

This, basically, i thought he won the 2nd fight, or both fights for that matter.

1479440404_maxresdefault.jpg

I'm pretty sure this 1 was post UFC 205. The exaggeration I was referring to was that there was "no damage" done by Thompson in either fight.
Man that's a lil' booboo from a baby jab.

Back