Statements by fighters that came back and bit them in the ass

that has nothing to do with it. But he should have won the title against Lawler.
It does though he promised us the fight we wanted against Diaz he didnt give it and his career went to shit. Same people argueing that Condit beat Robbie are the same as people that argue Diaz beat Condit.

Alvarez talked so much shit about what a bad matchup he was for Conor. That being said, what is he or any fighter supposed to say before a fight? It's kind of their job to hype the fight and talk a little shit.

Conor's shit talk to Nate before their first fight is hilarious in retrospect.

It does though he promised us the fight we wanted against Diaz he didnt give it and his career went to shit. Same people argueing that Condit beat Robbie are the same as people that argue Diaz beat Condit.
no it's not the same. Condit outfought Lawler, he hit Lawler for the majority of four rounds. Lawler won the last round. Condit was pushing Lawler back most of the fight; he was ridiculously, overly aggressive. the reason he was "knocked" down was he was insanely agressive and was caught with his feet together. Condit was throwing Flying Knees, he was not careful at all.

He was fighting his normal style which earned him the name "The Natural Born Killer" He has 30 wins and 2 are by decision.

the people who say Diaz beat Condit think he won because he walked forward while being hit while Condit was throwing

Edit: the only reason Lawler won the other round he really won (besides the last) was Condit was insanely overly aggressive and left his feet parallel so a minor strike knocked him over.

Last edited:
The obvious Chris Leben before his fight with Silva - "I'm gonna send him back to Japan where the competition's easier".

Wys1vEi.gif

Iron jaw leben got rocked by two jabs from the spida. That's how damaging anderson's striking was, he could sleep you perfectly. IMO Leben was also ko'd twice in the fight, but the ref gave him respect to keep going and leben is tough so he got up and got slept again lol.

no it's not the same. Condit outfought Lawler, he hit Lawler for the majority of four rounds. Lawler won the last round. Condit was pushing Lawler back most of the fight; he was ridiculously, overly aggressive. Condit was throwing Flying Knees, he was not careful at all.

He was fighting his normal style which earned him the name "The Natural Born Killer" He has 30 wins and 2 are by decision.

the people who say Diaz beat Condit think he won because he walked forward while being hit.
Robbie won 3 rounds to 2 100% Condit was hitting Robbies guard a lot sure but Robbie was clearly the more effective striker landing the cleaner shots over the course of the fight.

Not sure if this is an exact quote but whoever said:

“yeah Conor, that sounds like a great idea... what time does the plane leave”

Michael Johnson before the Gaetjhe fight saying he was an inbred and an easy fight lol he got fucked up

How has no one mentioned this yet?

"If a champ is fit to fight, and not actively defending, he should be stripped of the title."

-Conrad McGoober

"I'm gonna knock his ass out and send him back to Japan where the competition is easier!"

giphy.gif

To be fair, I don't think anyone really expected silva to be as dominant as he was in the UFC.

He was 17- 4 coming into the UFC, and was 3-2 in his last 5. Not to mention, 6 of his 17 wins were decisions, most of them cans.

Jose Aldo saying he'd fight McGregor anytime, anywhere even if it wasn't for a title, shortly afterwards turns down an opportunity for a rematch.

“We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy,” Jones explained.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-explains-ufc-sponsorship-ahead-of-showdown-with-rashad-evans
On a side note, the conflict of interest in the first part of this quote is astounding.

To be fair, I don't think anyone really expected silva to be as dominant as he was in the UFC.

He was 17- 4 coming into the UFC, and was 3-2 in his last 5. Not to mention, 6 of his 17 wins were decisions, most of them cans.
Yeah, in fact I totally thought Leben was going to wreck him. That's why I remember it so well.

Back