Statements by fighters that came back and bit them in the ass

BJ talking shit about GSP tapping to strikes, then BJ's corner has him quit on the stool..
Diego saying BJ doesn't have the cardio for 5 rounds, then BJ beats him up for a full 5 rounds.
Mark saying he doesn't care if Brock was on steroids, then sues the UFC after the fight for Brock being on steroids..
Ferguson talking shit about Khabib, then missed the fight for the second time..
Lee talking shit about Khabib, Al, Dustin and Edson, then misses weight for the second fight in a row..
Just about everything Conor has said since the week of the first Nate fight..

something along the lines of "If hes still conscious when I bounce his head off the canvas, I'll pass his guard and crush his hips like a boa constrictor and strangle him like a Gazelle."

Proceeds to get his head bounced off canvas, gets guard passed and hips crushed and ultimately strangled like a defenseless gazelle.

quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg

Aldo saying he’d fight Conor anywhere anytime. Later turns down the opportunity

BJ Penn calling GSP a quitter and a front runner pre fight to only quit himself. And he’s never won a fight from adversity

Wand taunting Vitor after his loss to Anderson only to get embarrassingly KO’d by Leben in seconds after ducking Vitor

Kevin Lee missing weight after saying Poirier isn’t a championship fighter

“See how he moves. He's big, he's slow, he's sluggish,” Overeem, a multi-titled kickboxer, said in UFC.com. “I have more combination, more power, more speed. He's a huge, walking target and I'm pretty good at striking, so one plus one equals two.”

“I don’t want to sound like I’m talking shit, but Anthony Perosh sucks"

Vinny Magalhaes
This is such a good example, maybe my favorite, because he wasn't even necessarily wrong. Perosh is one of the worst fighters to have ever fought in the UFC, and was really only allowed back in because he represented the Aussie market they were trying to break into, Rothwell had dropped out of the Cro Cop fight 2 days before the match in Australia, and Perosh stepped up. Of course he lost, and later was knocked out in 7 seconds by Ryan Jimmo of all people. He was an old, run-down grappler who never KOed anybody, and then in the very next fight after the 7 second KO, he KOs Vinny in 14 seconds.

I don't think I've ever been more embarrassed for someone in my life.

Carlos Condit:. 'It's gonna be a dog fight.'

He said that before his dick tuck vs Nick Diaz. Directly after the fight, his performance could be excused as being a smart career move, but in hindsight, it killed his hype and ruined his reputation with the fans. That could/should have been the most entertaining fight in MMA history between too absolute killers. Instead it ended in him getting booed at the decision.

Brock making comments how Jon Jones is unprofessional for popping at ufc 200, only to be busted himself later.

Probably everything Mike Perry has ever said.

"I'm working on the intricacies of details of maneuvers that he still doesn't even know the names of"

Mir1.jpg

What's even funnier is that Brock said that his training partners knew how to escape the positions he put frank in.
Ahhhahaha dat face will never get old <Lmaoo>

The only thing funnier than that is the face of Round Three Lee versus Tony.

Quarry: Rich Franklin has a weak chin and I have heavy hands.

1_04_05_10_8_51_05.gif

Dave Herman talking about big nog

"I'm not concerned about his jiu jitsu game because as we all know, jiu jitsu doesn't work," Herman declared just days before the fight. "I'm not worried about being submitted by Nogueira at all."

Got arm barred and tapped by Nogueira
114_minotauro_nogueira_vs_dave_herman.0.jpg

Carlos Condit:. 'It's gonna be a dog fight.'

He said that before his dick tuck vs Nick Diaz. Directly after the fight, his performance could be excused as being a smart career move, but in hindsight, it killed his hype and ruined his reputation with the fans. That could/should have been the most entertaining fight in MMA history between too absolute killers. Instead it ended in him getting booed at the decision.
He would have lost if he fought Diaz on his terms. Heck, pretty much anyone would lose if they fought on Diaz's terms as those guys have been training long distance running/extreme cardio since they were kids. They simply can go longer than anyone else and have a higher lactic acid tolerance than people that have not been training triathlons for decades.

"I'm working on the intricacies of details of maneuvers that he still doesn't even know the names of"

Mir1.jpg

What's even funnier is that Brock said that his training partners knew how to escape the positions he put frank in.

Ultimately Mir has never been a very technical grappler, he's more of a "jujitsu brawler" going for openings really aggressively but has often looked pretty helpless when someone doesn't give him any.

"I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy" - Jon Jones

<36>

"That the UFC, someone who's supposed to be backing my brand and making me look good, would put up something like that for the general public to see. I don't think it's really healthy for the world to see the UFC's champion saying I would kill someone."

"I totally agree and I'm not sitting here saying that I wouldn't take the fight, I would take the fight in a heartbeat."

"Just to clear the record i've never turn down a mma fight against anyone and never will."

"GSP is on steroids, I want extra testing" - Johnny Hendricks.

Hemdricks then pulled out of the extra testing that GSP himself paid for, then had his career go to shit after USADA

The Style Bender saying he would would KO Vittori and almost losing to Vittori by decision

Back