St.Pierre's post fight image controversy. Wake up peeps!

1,3,5 GSP

mma_gsp11_cr_600x400.jpg

How so? Jonny landed the more effective strikes in the round while GSP "out struck" him by 1 strike, it's written right in the rules man, if the numbers are close the advantage goes to the more effective striker, this was Jonny.

I didn't see a different fight, I've just been watching combat sports long enough to know how to apply the rules as written. But like I said, I had to watch it in a bar and haven't had a chance to re-watch, my opinion may change when I get that opportunity.

Your talking about round 1 which nobody is disputing. That is fine that you think hendricks took round 1 for the reason you sited. The problem lies with the fact you gave hendricks either rounds 3 or 5 which is ridiculous. The only thing Hendricks did in round 3 was land a take down, and did nothing with it. GSP got right back up and was clearly dominating that stand up. In rounds 5 it was all GSP.

The point is that he's marked up with almost no beating.

Let's just be honest and realistic. GSP marks up easy.

This was his face after the Koscheck 2 fight, and Koscheck only had one eye for four rounds and couldn't see shit. :icon_lol:

0001-42c20dd2-4d0661a2-8cf1-b994e496.jpg

15 strikes did that.

yeah - 15 strikes from a professional fighter to his face left a few minor bruises with zero swelling - thanks for proving my point - the rest of your post was meaningless hence deleted

I00008iOG3ca0Nr8.jpg

1st - the fact is that i'm a huge st pierre fan - just go back and look at my previous posts over the years to confirm that - i'm just not a blind fan who ignores the obvious - the above is st pierre at the press conference post hardy - a fight where he got hit in the head 37 times - so what? any mark means he must bruise easily? - that's ridiculous - get over it

it's like talking to a brick wall.

I'm done here.

:rolleyes:

Your boy lost, and your little blurb at the bottom of your posts doesn't change that. You might as well add ... "GSP 1,3,5 - the sky is Green" since both comments are equally true.

Thanks.

This is not true. You may feel like Hendricks should have won the razor thin decision. I would understand that, but saying GSP "lost" and equating it to the same as saying the sky is green doesn't make sense.

GSP did in fact win. There is a W in his name in the win column. in reality, it is your blurb that does not change the outcome of the fight.

wow.

okay...

here is some more logic and fact for you.

1. there is clearly bruising on his forehead, side of his face and temple

2. they don't just clean off the sweat before the post-fight interview sessions, the ice down the bruising and clean and close any cuts/abrasions

3. that is from 0 significant strikes landed by Hardy, which debunks your assumptions from earlier.

just admit it.

the evidence is overwhelming.

I'm not asking you to say GSP won.

Just to look at the overwhelming evidence and facts to logically admit that GSP bruises rather easily.

you're like a bad joke - according to fightmetric he got hit 37 times in the face over the course of 25 minutes and as a result he has some light bruising - let me repeat that: he got hit 37 times in the face over the course of 25 minutes - don't try to pretend like literally any mark on his face means he has the skin of a grape - you have no point

How long have you been watching combat sports, being a certified judge usually seems to mean you know less about the sport than the hardcore fans, judges get the decision wrong all the fucking time.

I haven't had a chance to re-watch cause the WIFI in this motel is a joke but when I watched the fight live I had Jonny winning 4-1, and I'm a huge fan of GSP, I was devastated after the fight, couldn't believe what I just saw.

If the judges had used the rules as written Hendrix won, getting outlanded by an insignificant number in a round were you land the far more effective strikes is supposed to be scored to the guy landing more effectively, this was Jonny in all but round 5.

Won't be home for a month or so at which point I will re-watch but I doubt my opinion will change.

We don't need to know whose fan are you.
Sentences like this gets me angry. "I am a big fan of..X... but he lost. Tell what you are thinking, but don't say that. It doesn't give extra weight on your words anyways.

Secondly, you analysis is pretty incompetent. Effective strikes are very subjective to everybody. How did you get to the conclusion that Hendricks landed the more significant strikes? My opinion is vice versa. GSP was the one who was backing Hendricks against the cage for the better part of rd 1, he was the more active fighter. Plus he had a sub attempt and he threw a few kicks which really frustrated Hendricks, and you can easily see that written on his face.
I re watched the fight for 3rd time, and I see the same thing - GSP looked sharper than Hendricks, from 5:00 mark to 3:00. Then it was like 1 minute where Hendricks had scored a takedown, but didn't really hurt georges. Then from 2:00 to the very end it was all St.Pierre.

you're like a bad joke - according to fightmetric he got hit 37 times in the face over the course of 25 minutes and as a result he has some light bruising - let me repeat that: he got hit 37 times in the face over the course of 25 minutes - don't try to pretend like literally any mark on his face means he has the skin of a grape - you have no point
There is a serious and disturbing trend over here... You keep naming different fruits.

As soon as the fight ended, I was under the impression that Hendricks won the fight. After rewatching without sound I scored the fight 48-47 GSP. With Georges winning round 1,3 and 5. For all the people that think round 1 was the closest I completely disagree. I submit to you that round 3 was much harder to score in favor of either fighter.
All in all it was a very close match. But according to the 10 point must system I think Georges did deserve to come out on top.

brick wall

Not sure what that point is. Nobody is talking about conspiracy here. The point of the thread and many people was that it was a close fight. 90% of people including the people you site agree that the fight came down to round 1. Round 1 wasn't this dominate round for Hendricks, or GSP for that matter. The point of the thread is the over reaction of the decision that made it seem like hell just froze over. This has been a trend going with close fights that have a winner winning a decision. Bendo fights are examples of this.

Gus and Jones is a great example of this. You look at this fight and saw that the champ clearly won the last two rounds, the other three rounds were close. Nobody dominated them. But what blinds people is not whether the challenger ACTUALLY won, but how well he did in regards to their expectations. That seems to blind a lot of people when judging a fight. That and the fact that a lot of people wanted Jones to loose.

The point is to look at each round and see who won them. There is no way we cannot see that each guy had 2 rounds a piece won decisively, the first round was the round in question. I don't think people are being honest when judging these type of close fights. No robbery happened. Just that two judges thought GSP did enough to win round 1 and the other judge gave it to Hendricks.

the conspiracy bit was clearly a jab at the guy making the freethinker jab at whoever he was responding to and should be taken as such - i was clear from well before the fight that st pierre was in for the fight of his life and my expectations weren't exceeded nor was i surprised - if anything i proven correct - if you want proof of that look at my posts before the fight - and this wasn't close - it's not a mistake or a fluke that the overwhelming majority of fans, fighters, media and analysts scored it for hendricks - if anything the tendency to use the 10 point system to justify or rationalize bad decisions after the fact far exceeds the opposite

One of them is from BJ Penn.com. No bias there!

Lol this is really getting pathetic. But, but, it's BJPenn.com! Them and all the other 97% MMA media sites, UFC brass, John Mcarthy, UFC fighters, and the public majority who all scored it the same 48-47 are incompetent/hate GSP! They don't understand MMA judging at all like us GSP supporters on sherdog! Oh except Dave Meltzer and that other guy who had it 48-47 for GSP. Yeah they understand MMA judging but nobody else!

brick wall

unfortunately it'll be hard to find a fight were there isn't any type of discoloration of st pierre's skin afterwards since now it seems any sign of him actually having been hit during a fight is evidence of his "bruising easily"

if you think being punched in the face by dan hardy 37 times should leave st pierre ready for a photo shoot in GQ magazine or that's evidence of delicate skin i don't know what else to tell you

(actually - any semi-decent make up artist could cover up such minor bruising for a photo shoot without much effort)

Back