St.Pierre's post fight image controversy. Wake up peeps!

qbanwayz

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
A lot of hay has been made out of GSP post fight image after the fight with Hendricks
7b8533b5-bbbb-4a48-adb8-82783b56d3d1_ufc167.jpg

It seems to me that people suffer from amnesia and need to be reminded about everything. This is how GSP face looks like after every fight. The guy bruises and cuts easily. It's just the way he is. It was just like the BJ Penn 1 fight, where BJ said, "I won the fight, look at his face." WTF? It just amazes me when people use this as a deciding factor to judge a fight. Now I don't blame people who think Hendricks did enough to win, hell I was one of them. I am also logical enough to realize how close that fight was and that the hoopla over the judging was way overblown. No body can deny that rounds 3 and 5 belonged to the champ, and round 1 was very close. I don't understand why people can't accept this. Instead they keep pointing to St. Pierre's face after the fight.

Well let me just show you some of St. Pierre's post fight faces

St. Pierre after condit fight, nobody thought he was even close to loosing
141_georges_st-pierre.0_standard_352.0.jpg

St. Pierre's face after Diaz fight, nobody thought he lost
20130317084112_IMG_4660.JPG

St. Pierre face after Shields fight,
gsp_vs_shields.jpg

St. Pierre face after Penn 1 fight
display_image.jpg

I post this cause I recently saw meme's of st.pierre pics that said things like "this is how a winner looks like?" It's ridiculous and hoping that people come to their senses after a week from the fight.

Yea you can keep saying that the media gave the first round to Hendricks but 1, it doesn't change the the fact that people use his post fight face image.
2, even if they thought Hendricks did enough in round 1 to win, still was a close one. They had the same amount of strike 19-18 and GSP had the take down. My point is that it is not the robbery that a lot of people are crying about. I think a lot of the people who picked Hendricks wining the 1st round had a bias about the fact that he did so well against GSP compared to their expectations. The same thing that happened with Gust and Jones fight. It still doesn't mean that a round was not close.

3si04ix.jpg

...do it right.

Showing polls of what people think doesn't do anything. The point of this just like what happened with Gus vs Jones where people took the decision way out of proportion is people use of unnecessary factors to judge a fight. Did Hendricks do more damage to GSP in rounds 2 and 4 than GSP did in rounds 3 and 5, yes he did. But the fight is judge on a round to round basis.

There's no controversy in the decision. Ultimately, everyone scored Round 2-5 the same way. There was no clear winner of Round 1.

It doesn't really matter who gives it to whom. I scored it for Hendricks too as I watched it, but by a hair. If two judges went the other way, then they went the other way.

Hendricks needed to fight 5 rounds. He only fought 4.

Rematch or not, a bunch of Internet bloggers don't count for opinion any more than anyone else.

It isn't so much that GSP looks like he fell down a flight of stairs, it is the fact the Johny has no markings at all. Look at all the other fighters you mentioned (Shields, Penn, Fitch, Condit, etc) and they at least had some markings. Johny looks the same if you looked at pics of the pre-fight and post-fight pressers. If GSP supposedly landed so many successful punches, how is there not at least a black eye or tiny cut?

Where is meltzer and the other guy from the press conference.

Wait, you're hanging your hat on one or two media guys to state your case? Wow. King of the apologists. So if Dave Meltzer said that the sky was green and grass was blue, would you stand behind that nonsense as well?? You probably would...

It isn't so much that GSP looks like he fell down a flight of stairs, it is the fact the Johny has no markings at all. Look at all the other fighters you mentioned (Shields, Penn, Fitch, Condit, etc) and they at least had some markings. Johny looks the same if you looked at pics of the pre-fight and post-fight pressers. If GSP supposedly landed so many successful punches, how is there not at least a black eye or tiny cut?

How can you tell? He has a Taliban beard on his face!

You don't really make a decision on what the garbage MMA media says... Do you?

No, but when most media members, most pro fighters, Dana White, and oh yeah, the stats company the UFC purchased that does their statistical analysis ALL say the same thing, I tend to believe that (when my own eyes told me the same thing) over what bunch of GSP apologists say on this website.

St. Pierre lost round one. It was close, but he lost it. If roles were reversed and GSP lost a close decision that MOST people thought he won - your panties would be in such a bunch, that coal would turn into fucking diamonds...

Your boy lost, and your little blurb at the bottom of your posts doesn't change that. You might as well add ... "GSP 1,3,5 - the sky is Green" since both comments are equally true.

Thanks.

Back