St.Pierre's post fight image controversy. Wake up peeps!

That coupled with the fact that all of the facial damage can come in one round, or even in one exchange, while each round is judged separately. And that body shots and grappling don't normally do visible damage.

Which is pretty much what happened in the condit v gsp bout

Who knows? Dana is a promoter. Back pedaling on his,"Johny Hendricks won that fight" doesn't sell tickets. But seeing as Dana has never been full of shit, I stand corrected.

We might as well say "who knows" for everything anyone has ever said then, and not believe anything ever again.

141_georges_st-pierre.0_standard_352.0.jpg
What a way to earn a living :eek:

Which is pretty much what happened in the condit v gsp bout

Exactly. Using facial damage as an indicator is an overly simplistic way to judge fights and has many flaws. Which is why judges don't use it.

Exactly. Using facial damage as an indicator is an overly simplistic way to judge fights and has many flaws. Which is why judges don't use it.

Well even ignoring facial damage........GSP still lost the fight. :redface:

Well even ignoring facial damage........GSP still lost the fight. :redface:

I agree, I had it for JH too. That doesn't mean I can't criticize stupid judging criteria!

For example, someone could say that they think JH won because he has an awesome beard. I would say yeah, I think JH won and he does have an awesome beard, but that isn't why he won!

This is getting pathetic. Grabbing at straws are we?
In the beginning it was the Dana White argument, " even Dana said Hendricks won!"
Well now that Dana (like a lot of us) has watched the fight again & admits he was wrong. That GSP did in fact win the fight. You're back to clinging to the sports writers. Who for the record are not certified judges. They're just like any other sports fan off the street but they get paid to do it. I'd be curious how many of the sports writers have changed their tune after watching again?

Any source on Dana admitting he was wrong?

Doesn't matter what the history is. What matters is what the average fan--the ones who keep the UFC in business--thinks. And what they saw was a can of whoop ass opened on GSP followed by a fumbled retirement speech, followed by some word games, followed by a sorta-kinda retirement and GSP vacating the belt.

Not to be crass or disrespectful to GSP's career, and of course we are more sympathetic to the guy than that. But for a lot of people...that's how it all came across. Dana slamming GSP at the press conference right out of the gate probably helped cement that. It sucks that that is the punctuation on a stellar career.

Considering his medical suspension I'd say the fact that he was sitting down covered his damage (aka his knee)

He said his knee was fine like a month ago. Not sure why you bumped this just for that.

Doesn't matter what the history is. What matters is what the average fan--the ones who keep the UFC in business--thinks. And what they saw was a can of whoop ass opened on GSP followed by a fumbled retirement speech, followed by some word games, followed by a sorta-kinda retirement and GSP vacating the belt.

Not to be crass or disrespectful to GSP's career, and of course we are more sympathetic to the guy than that. But for a lot of people...that's how it all came across. Dana slamming GSP at the press conference right out of the gate probably helped cement that. It sucks that that is the punctuation on a stellar career.

That darned can of "whoop ass" was only 70% full. So when poor Georges got to the bottom of the can there was still a full round to go. :icon_lol:

enough said

by the way - when 90% of the world says you're wrong guess what? - you're wrong - there's no conspiracy and you're not that smart - for a true freethinker appeals to authority and a rebellious instinct have nothing to do with it (unless you're a child) - he/she weighs the evidence and makes an informed decision -

when 2 out of 3 judges say your wrong, guess what, your wrong and GSP walks away as champ.

Back