Southern Baptists Have a New President-- And He Just Rebuked Mike Pence

I read the story twice and I'm still unclear why this guy was so offended by Pence.
The main issue is Pence did exactly what they didn't want him to do. They wanted him to discuss issues of faith and spreading the word of god. Instead Pence spent most of his time cheerleading the administration's agenda.

Basically Pence acted like the "friend" that comes to your house to hang out and tries to sell you on the pyramid scheme he's involved in. At best people will politely listen at worst that "friend" won't get invited to the next event.

The main issue is Pence did exactly what they didn't want him to do. They wanted him to discuss issues of faith and spreading the word of god. Instead Pence spent most of his time cheerleading the administration's agenda.

Basically Pence acted like the "friend" that comes to your house to hang out and tries to sell you on the pyramid scheme he's involved in. At best people will politely listen at worst that "friend" won't get invited to the next event.
Probably not smart for evangelicals to alienate the GOP.

Probably not smart for evangelicals to alienate the GOP.
That may be true, but again, it isn't smart for the GOP to alienate the evangelicals.................. it works both ways.

He was asked to be there as a person of faith to discuss faith, not cheerlead and push political agenda.

Imagine a politician being given a baby and asked to kiss it and instead he slaps a bumper sticker across the kids face, that's pretty much what Pence did at the event.

Just seems like fake, points scoring nonsense to me.

The church should remain undivided. What is done is done and I feel he may have made it worse by addressing it publicly. I would just be careful to tell invited politicians to keep the message on God

Back