So once again you people dont learn, Conor vs Cowboy is a joke like DC vs Black beast

the problem with conor is, if you ain't winning you're gonna have to fight the top 2-10 dudes, and if you lose to those top 2-10 dudes, your stock goes down. You can't keep getting title shots on what you did.

Aw, you think this is a real sport. I have no doubt Cerrone takes a dive, and gets paid for it.

You guys aren't being objective. Cowboy will get destroyed by Conor. Don't let the recent loss cloud your vision. Conor has miles better striking and cowboy will get pulled into standing match. He got dominated by Nate also and RDA beat him from range. The same range Conor likes to fight at. I'm no conor fan, but he takes this one easily.

Last edited:
Cowboys low kicks and ground game will be far superior than Conors.

Cowboys chin will get tested so as long as he doesnt fold I think he will win.

Imagine if Cowboy mounts him.

<{ohyeah}>
I can only recall Cowboy ever being stopped by liver shots at LW which Conor has never been known for. Conor doesn't have Till power and if the UFC thinks they can use Cowboy as a tune up fight to make Conor look great (assuming he doesn't get a lengthy suspension) I'm fairly certain that plan will backfire horribly.

If the UFC really wants to give him a name that he matches up well with and can get a big win as much as I hate to say it as a big fan of his Pettis would be that guy.

It's a fun fight.

You don't like the matchup, don't buy the PPV ya goof !

This figjt is fine. Connor will be the favorite but an upset is not out of the realm of possibility.
It should be an entertaing fight anyways and thats what Connor should focus on since he will never be champion again.

Where did this narrative that cowboy is slow come? Oh right Conor. Good job being his tool

I think this is the perfect fight to make. We know Cowboy is a perennial gatekeeper-elite, but Conor's been off fucking around forever, let's see where he's at. His TDD looked fine against Khabib, but honestly his striking didn't look that good, this will be a great test for both.

I don't think many people are saying it's nto an easy fight for mcgregor. it is. cerrone isn't a great takedown artist afaik, so yeah. but I like the fight, it will be exciting, also cerrone will be get some nice payday

It's a tough place for Conor - If he loses it's doom, and if he wins it's just to stay relevant. Cowboy has everything to gain, lets hope that drives him to the win.

a year ago i would have said it was an easy fight for conor and cowboy folds under the pressure. kid in the front row cowboy could be the new "chuck with that look in his eye" and he just might get it done.

This is NOTHING like the Cormier/Lewis fight. That was a last minute, thrown together contest to save a dying PPV card.

I think this is a great fight to make for both guys and the fans. Lots of upside for both guys, with considerable downside for Conor. Conor wins this, Khabib beats Tony- sets up a money making rematch for the ages, as well as a fight EVERYONE on here will want to see.

Conor needs a rehabilitation fight with a name fighter he has a good chance of beating. Cowboy, at this exact point in time, fits the bill to a tee. Make it so.

I agree im not interested in the fight at all. Its just the UFC trying to pair two guys where they can't lose b/c they can market the winner. But as a fight, not interested.

I would say cowboy is the favourite going into this fight

Another instance of the UFC exploiting the dummys to hype a fight that is all wrong.

How do you go from P4P status to fighting Donald and how does beating Perry get you a #1 contenders bout? This reminds me of when Masvidal beat Cowboy then all of a sudden he’s favoured to beat Maia, what a joke.

A lose-lose for Conor. If he wins, he only beat Cowboy and still doesn’t deserve TheRematch. If he loses, supernova phase is over, fade into black.

I know Cowboy has a loyal following around here and people think he deserves the big payoff before he calls it quits which is probably soon but damn it people, let’s just not and say we did! Cowboy has made plenty of money with a record number of post-fight bonuses and besides, I doubt this fight even produces the usual McG ppvs numbers anyway. People who don’t know Cowboy which is everyone who isn’t a hardcore will look him up and find a fighter who 2-4 in his last 6 and they will NOT BUY in.

Bottom line, this fight devalues Conor.

Another instance of the UFC exploiting the dummys to hype a fight that is all wrong.

How do you go from P4P status to fighting Donald and how does beating Perry get you a #1 contenders bout? This reminds me of when Masvidal beat Cowboy then all of a sudden he’s favoured to beat Maia, what a joke.

A lose-lose for Conor. If he wins, he only beat Cowboy and still doesn’t deserve TheRematch. If he loses, supernova phase is over, fade into black.

I know Cowboy has a loyal following around here and people think he deserves the big payoff before he calls it quits which is probably soon but damn it people, let’s just not and say we did! Cowboy has made plenty of money with a record number of post-fight bonuses and besides, I doubt this fight even produces the usual McG ppvs numbers anyway. People who don’t know Cowboy which is everyone who isn’t a hardcore will look him up and find a fighter who 2-4 in his last 6 and they will NOT BUY in.

This would be a #1 contender's bout?

I don't think so.

conors 2-3 in his last 5 fights. Easy come back fight with a decent name for conor really. By no means should this be a contenders fight, if it is it just shows the sad state of the ufc right now

Back