So once again you people dont learn, Conor vs Cowboy is a joke like DC vs Black beast

I think Cerrone would be the favourite in this fight

so Nate, Tony, Poirier,Edson, shit throw in Pettis and Iaquinta, but instead whats being talked about is old ass cowboy that is here to pretty much pick up a check and due to making a wish under a shooting star somehow got meathead perry to grapple with him? Thats not a good fight, thats a waste of time for any top 5 LW at this point....

I know Cowboy is 35 and a serial choke artist but hes got more than enough tools to be competitive and even beat connor. If it goes to the ground its OVER. Cerrone has a bad liver not a bad chin I dont see McG suddenly learning a wicked body kick. Then again hes south paw and it would be a perfect liver shot.

End of the day we seen how he fares against bigger lanky guys with good striking. Sure the UFC is setting it up to be an emphatic win for Mcg but Cowboy (IF) he shows up could easily spoil the show.

I have no idea
I wouldn't even know how to make an educated guess on them
Me too, but I'll guess 6 months. Plus I don't think Cerrone wants to stay on the shelf that long, so maybe the Conor fight isn't happening. Well about a month till we know then.

My head says that cowboy is far more well rounded and experienced, and it's his fight as long as he mixes it up and stays out of boxing range. My heart keeps replaying the Nate/Cowboy fight, and says that regardless of how good he looked against Perry, he's still very much on the downside of a long and brutal career, and Conor still has the best left in the game

LOL

Cowboy is more well-rounded than Conor.

McG can piece him up in BOXING range.

This is mixed martial arts.

Cerrone has more overall weapons than Conor.

Not saying he wins, but anyone saying this is an easy fight for McGregor simply has not been watching combat sports long enough.

Posts like this show that the King of Likes is more than just a gif-posting attention seeker.

Perfectly said and I'm continually amazed by the lack of critical thinking and analytical ability displayed by this forum.

In 2016 Conor was ducking Donald like the plague, but now he's cherry picking him?

It's an intriguing matchup as they both present stylistic problems for each other.

Me too, but I'll guess 6 months. Plus I don't think Cerrone wants to stay on the shelf that long, so maybe the Conor fight isn't happening. Well about a month till we know then.

If its 6 months, it will be retro to UFC 230 so in reality about 4 months. Not bad for a Conor payday IF cowboy gets the chance
Actually it would be idiotic not to wait & take it

This is a good option for Conor because he desperately needs a win BUT the flip side is that if he loses to cowboy, which is definitely possible, then Conor looks like a total joke

This is definitely a favorable style matchup for Conor, but they deserve to be ranked similarly at 155lbs. I'm ok with it.

Yeah well Cerrone will be as big as Nate was when he fought Connor the first time so like 250 lbs right? Lol

Pretty good matchup, winnable fight for both. If you’re a Connor fan you should want this even though if Con doesn’t finish early Cowboy beats the breaks off of him. But much more winnable than the current top 3

Cowboy prayed 30 times before the fight with meat head Perry and his prayers got answered by Perry thinking hes Demian fucking Maia and all the sudden Conor gets the easiest fight of his career b4 another rematch with Khabib? as if this fight would do anything for conor... by fighting Cowboy that looks slower than my grandma walking up the stairs with a walker.....

I really hope this fight does not get made, its a waste of not only fans time, but Conors time when there are tons of exciting fights for him to have.

Whats next, CM punk fights again in the UFC and his opponent slips and breaks his leg and CM punk gets a title shot? Shit thats the road we going down right now

Comparing Cowboy and Lewis to CM Punk? Either you're a troll or a complete fucking moron

LOL

Cowboy is more well-rounded than Conor.

McG can piece him up in BOXING range.

This is mixed martial arts.

Cerrone has more overall weapons than Conor.

Not saying he wins, but anyone saying this is an easy fight for McGregor simply has not been watching combat sports long enough.

Took the words right out of my fucking mouth. Holy shit TS what have you been watching? Comparing Caner to DC and Black Beast to Cowboy is just shameful. I have no idea what some of you are watching. Donald Cerrone is one of the most skilled fighters on the roster, period. To compare him to a self professed brawler makes you brain dead.

If its 6 months, it will be retro to UFC 230 so in reality about 4 months. Not bad for a Conor payday IF cowboy gets the chance
Actually it would be idiotic not to wait & take it
That's true. I was thinking it'd be retro'd. 4 months isn't that long for Cerrone. but he'd probably fight tomorrow.
about a month and we'll possibly know.

My head says that cowboy is far more well rounded and experienced, and it's his fight as long as he mixes it up and stays out of boxing range. My heart keeps replaying the Nate/Cowboy fight, and says that regardless of how good he looked against Perry, he's still very much on the downside of a long and brutal career, and Conor still has the best left in the game

I don’t think the Nate/Cowboy fight should have much merit to this. Nate is long and has great boxing and you can’t take him down, Connor won’t pose the same threats, it’s a good matchup for the Cowboy.

Not saying he’s going to win just think it lines up pretty well for a guy who’s been fighting up at 170 Connor isn’t going to bring much he hasn’t seen besides the special left

Cowboy prayed 30 times before the fight with meat head Perry and his prayers got answered by Perry thinking hes Demian fucking Maia and all the sudden Conor gets the easiest fight of his career b4 another rematch with Khabib? as if this fight would do anything for conor... by fighting Cowboy that looks slower than my grandma walking up the stairs with a walker.....

I really hope this fight does not get made, its a waste of not only fans time, but Conors time when there are tons of exciting fights for him to have.

Whats next, CM punk fights again in the UFC and his opponent slips and breaks his leg and CM punk gets a title shot? Shit thats the road we going down right now
The only problem is that BB is not on the level of Cerrone and most of all Connie is not even a spit in the same level as Cormier.
The fight is very clear a gimme fight.
But
Technically the difference is not that high.
If Connie gets on Cowboys mind and hit him flush in the first and half rounds it is a 80% done deal.
BUT
Cowboys chances to take this after the first round grows exponentially fast.
He have experience,a more diverse striking and better grappling.
Also no size advantage for Connie so as soon as the gas tank goes empty and those sharp lefts turns into arm punches,shit is gonna hit the fan.

I think Conor gets a first round ko against Cerrone. However if Cerrone wants Conor and thinks he beats him, then I really don't see the big deal with it.

I'm happy this fight is being made. That means we will get khabib v ferg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back