SNES Classic

Who was it missing?
The only other port at the time was a DOS version (before Windows 95) that came on a bunch of floppy disks.

68444-super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-dos-front-cover.jpg

45baa0442b3d10cc509946ac0d1150f7.jpg

The arcade ST had the "old" versions of all 16 characters along with the new versions. Yep, they're missing from the 3DO version.

The arcade ST had the "old" versions of all 16 characters along with the new versions. Yep, they're missing from the 3DO version.
Why were they missing? That's strange considering the disc storage.

Why were they missing? That's strange considering the disc storage.

Dunno. Old characters did not have supers and could not soften throws, but some of them had other advantages. Old Sagat was one of, if not, the best character in the game.

Dunno. Old characters did not have supers and could not soften throws, but some of them had other advantages. Old Sagat was one of, if not, the best character in the game.
Have you ever played the DC version? It's supposedly arcade perfect.

Have you ever played the DC version? It's supposedly arcade perfect.

Nope, but I've heard that none of them are perfect. The 3DO version seemed ok to me, but like you said, that controller...

The PS1 version was missing frames and animation and the Saturn version wasn't any better IIRC.

Amazon in the UK have already cancelled orders from people who ordered multiples. A bunch of other places have as well.

Yeah.

I think it's probable that Amazon will reduce orders to one unit, but I have talked to Amazon on the phone and not only did they give me one day shipping for free, (it was an upgrade from my previous shipping speed) they assured me that my orders would be fulfilled.

...but we shall see about that.

They'll most likely limit it to 1. I was able to get one from bestbuy.com yesterday.

I'm going to try to get more to keep them out of scalpers' hands. I'm just worried that if I sell one to someone on sherdog at cost price they will fuck me over and resell it for hundreds.
If you get an extra one, sell it to me please!!! I definitely won't try to scalp it. I'm honestly too lazy to scalp it and IMO its not really worth the time and effort.

If I am able to get my hands on more than one I was thinking about selling it to anyone I know who really wants it aat MSRP. Maybe I'll give the extra away during Christmas.

First I need to get my hands on one for me though.

Last edited:
Yeah.

I think it's probable that Amazon will reduce orders to one unit, but I have talked to Amazon on the phone and not only did they give me one day shipping for free, (it was an upgrade from my previous shipping speed) they assured me that my orders would be fulfilled.

...but we shall see about that.

The place I ordered mine wouldn't even let you order more than 1. There's been a big push in the UK to stop scalpers. Even ebay have said they're going to cancel any listings, though I don't know how they'll determine who is a scalper and who just wants to sell on their own.

Checked Amazon to pre-order and it just said unavailable.

Nintendo Increases Inventory of Super NES Classic Edition; NES Classic Edition Returns to Stores in 2018

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170912005798/en/

"More units of Super NES Classic Edition will ship on its Sept. 29 launch day in the U.S. than were shipped of NES Classic Edition all last year, with subsequent shipments arriving in stores regularly."

<mma4>

Nintendo Increases Inventory of Super NES Classic Edition; NES Classic Edition Returns to Stores in 2018

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170912005798/en/

"More units of Super NES Classic Edition will ship on its Sept. 29 launch day in the U.S. than were shipped of NES Classic Edition all last year, with subsequent shipments arriving in stores regularly."

<mma4>

Fingers crossed they rerelease the NES classic here as well. I guess the N64 classic mini will be announced around that time.

Sup sherdoggers,

Just a friendly reminder Walmart that are open 24 hours should be able to sell them at midnight tonight. I'm at one right now. There's 4 people here other than me and they supposedly have 31 units available.

Sup sherdoggers,

Just a friendly reminder Walmart that are open 24 hours should be able to sell them at midnight tonight. I'm at one right now. There's 4 people here other than me and they supposedly have 31 units available.
Damn 31? That's pretty good. I doubt mine will get as many lol. Mine isn't 24 hour so I'm gonna show up at 7:30 and hope there's not many people there o:

Post pic when you get yours!

Damn 31? That's pretty good. I doubt mine will get as many lol. Mine isn't 24 hour so I'm gonna show up at 7:30 and hope there's not many people there o:

Post pic when you get yours!
Will do.

I'm sure where you live but I live an half hour outside of Dallas on the edge of "the country." I suspect stores closer to the city will have more but will have more customers trying get one whereas stores in rural areas will get less but will have less customers. Good luck.

Damn been seeing a lot of videos of crazy line ups for this. Making me nervous!!! My town is shitty and small so hoping there's not a lot of people coming out lol.

I hope to get one today. Going to Best Buy to grab one.

Back