SNES Classic

i read they're going to be producing these in mass quantities

don't get suckered by a scalper

I read the NES Classic controller is compatible with the Classic Wii controller and the SNES Classic controller. Nice. I'm gonna need some sort of stick so my thumbs don't get beat up.

I also read Nintendo took a patent or trademark for some N64 controller this year, so hopefully a N64 Classic is coming, which I'll likely buy since I skipped that console.

I thought I'd just go to Best Buy today at my convenience, but I called and entered the SKU and they were all gone.

Big mistake. My citys best buy was sold out in 20 minutes. They handed out 40 tickets and i got the last one. I was very lucky cause i was at work and bailed for an early lunch break. I got there 15 minutes before they opened and got the last ticket. When the doors opened they had 3 staffed tills and got through the lineup in 20 minutes. I was thinking.. "ill just wait till 12 and go at lunch" but these are very hot items and I knew they would be gone super fast (see what I did there?). So I said fuck it nope i am going to leave super early. Glad I did.

Just bought one off a scalper for $140 (Canadian). He originally want a 240 but I got him down cause I was willing to meet right away. Mothrfker had 6 of them..

I didn't want to support those scumbag resellers, but unlike the nes classic this is one I had to have. It's basically my childhood in a box. Plus 40 extra dollars wont make or break me..

Just bought one off a scalper for $140 (Canadian). He originally want a 240 but I got him down cause I was willing to meet right away. Mothrfker had 6 of them..

I didn't want to support those scumbag resellers, but unlike the nes classic this is one I had to have. It's basically my childhood in a box. Plus 40 extra dollars wont make or break me..
They're making more of them homie. You're just supporting a network of scum by buying from scalpers.

Oh man Secret of Mana still so awesome and satisfying to kill rabites.

Also, if you guys wanted to play Starfox 2 ya gotta finish the first level of Starfox.

<{nope}>

So I had been planning for weeks to pick one up, and I did, and after about 25 minutes of playing I kind of regret it. Unlike the NES which I grew up with I never had an SNES as a kid. I have to say the nostalgia factor makes all the different in the world. When I finally got my hands on an NES classic back in January after trying and failing for almost 3 months I loved it and played the shit out of it for like two months straight. But finally playing the SNES last night I was thinking "this really isn't all that great".

tumblr_nahh7dl6mX1twe13wo1_500.gif

Not interested in these kinds of limited consoles, but it's got three of the top 10 best games of all time (Super Mario World, Zelda ALttP, Super Metroid), so I guess it's well worth it if you haven't played them.

So I had been planning for weeks to pick one up, and I did, and after about 25 minutes of playing I kind of regret it. Unlike the NES which I grew up with I never had an SNES as a kid. I have to say the nostalgia factor makes all the different in the world. When I finally got my hands on an NES classic back in January after trying and failing for almost 3 months I loved it and played the shit out of it for like two months straight. But finally playing the SNES last night I was thinking "this really isn't all that great".

Worm, did you play any of these three? Give them a real chance.

Not interested in these kinds of limited consoles, but it's got three of the top 10 best games of all time (Super Mario World, Zelda ALttP, Super Metroid), so I guess it's well worth it if you haven't played them.

Worm, did you play any of these three? Give them a real chance.

I never played Metroid, but SMW and LTTP are 2 games that will never get old, right up there with pong and space invaders when people talk about the history of games

I didn't grow up with a SNES either but there are some legitimately classic games that still hold up to this day packaged in.

The NES Classic relied almost entirely on nostalgia whereas the SNES is backed by some timeless gems.

How can I properly articulate this.........

You are 100% completely wrong.

So finally got round to having a play on it, spent the last couple of hours having a play on some of the games, played FF3, Mega man x, the Kirby golf game, and Super Mario World. This sure does bring back memories.

The NES Classic didn't have enough games I wanted that I didn't already have via 3DS Virtual Console. SNES Classic has masterpieces like Zelda Link to the Past, Final Fantasy 3 (6), Earthbound, Super Mario RPG.

SNES Classic instruction manual PDFs, including Earthbound guide book:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/clvs/manuals/en_us/index.html

Last edited:
I didn't grow up with a SNES either but there are some legitimately classic games that still hold up to this day packaged in.

The NES Classic relied almost entirely on nostalgia whereas the SNES is backed by some timeless gems.

Maybe. There's no way for me to tell. Maybe if I got amnesia and then played and compared Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World which would I prefer? Because right now in my personal opinion I'd go with SMB3 any day of the week, but that opinion is influenced by 27 years of nostalgia and fond memories, compared to no memories whatsoever of SMW other than fucking around with it on an emulator maybe 10-12 years ago.

So does anybody know when I'll be able to buy one of these?

I feel like I've been reading about them forever, why can't I log onto Amazon and buy one?

Back