Should Conor be stripped again?

Should Conor be stripped of his LW belt?

• Total voters
I just think Conor should abandon this absurd Mayweather venture. What's also crazy to me, is how everyone is so wrapped up with whether or not it's happening, they haven't stopped to consider how insane it is that although Conor is a highly competent and experienced fighter, he has never had a pro boxing fight and is now challenging a man who many deem to be the greatest p4p boxer in history. I understand all fighters have a punchers chance, but with 14oz gloves on, its' not MMA. I cannot in any way see how Conor has a chance here? Perhaps others will disagree.

I just want to see Conor go back to doing what he does best. Putting that lethal left hand into people's faces in the cage and laughing hysterically at press conferences with a 3-piece suit on.

For me Nate has to prove himself at 155 before he gets a title contender shot. I know he's a draw and exciting fighter, but before Conor he was a journeyman fighter living in the shadow of his older brother.

Some good stuff here, solid post.

other champions have done similar things, I dont remember fans clamouring for them to be stripped
Like who. Also consider both Conor and Bisping won titles under spurious circumstances which demands they prove they belong.

Conor stepped over all LW after a loss to a gate keeper LW

Bisping late replacment and never champion material when given elimination matches in past

Like who. Also consider both Conor and Bisping won titles under spurious circumstances which demands they prove they belong.

Conor stepped over all LW after a loss to a gate keeper LW

Bisping late replacment and never champion material when given elimination matches in past
randy wanted to fight fedor, no-one wanted him stripped. Anderson refused to fight chael a 2nd time... no one wanted him stripped at the time. those are just a couple of examples, but theres plenty more. stop acting like Bisping and Conor are unique

yes

no intentions to book a title defense

dedicated exclusively to media

It'll happen anyways when he steps up and takes Woodley's belt
abb01beab53fb08715ebc9cd963e4447.gif

I just think Conor should abandon this absurd Mayweather venture. What's also crazy to me, is how everyone is so wrapped up with whether or not it's happening, they haven't stopped to consider how insane it is that although Conor is a highly competent and experienced fighter, he has never had a pro boxing fight and is now challenging a man who many deem to be the greatest p4p boxer in history. I understand all fighters have a punchers chance, but with 14oz gloves on, its' not MMA. I cannot in any way see how Conor has a chance here? Perhaps others will disagree.

I just want to see Conor go back to doing what he does best. Putting that lethal left hand into people's faces in the cage and laughing hysterically at press conferences with a 3-piece suit on.

For me Nate has to prove himself at 155 before he gets a title contender shot. I know he's a draw and exciting fighter, but before Conor he was a journeyman fighter living in the shadow of his older brother.
Think we are on same page pretty much except couple of things cause I don't really care about the Mayweather fight happening or not but how canybody begrudge him the opportunity to make those big $ he will make if it happens, doubt anybody would knock back the chance even tho he will be massive underdog.

Tony vs Khabob was for the interim which made sense giving that, Mcgregor was fighting Floyd. Instead, Khabob ran to the hospital minutes before that fight. Tony ducked MJ, a guy that beat him before. Neither of these dudes belong in the same arena.

Its ironic that, Mcgregor gets accused of holding up the division when the division is trying to be Mcgregor, they wont fight, and yet, cry on social media.

WAR MCGOAT
Yeah Tony should've fought a guy that's irrelevant for less pay without a belt involved at 170.

"I mean, the medical reports state he is fit to fight, so there’s no more questions. If you’re fit to fight and you’re not going to fight, the belt rightfully should be stripped, and this (should be) for the regular featherweight belt.”

Weren't those Conor's words?

Conor sucks go away conor lwt fighters figjt you go rent atuff and post on instagram

Guy sucks!!

IF NO FIGHT BY SEPT STRIPPED.

I voted yes but I think that he should get another 3 months or so unless he continues to pursue stuff outside of the UFC LW division then strip away

Ya I preferred less of a circus, rankings meaning something, non Artem main events, Less bad trash talking and people defending their belts. It seemed more legit and the fights were more fun and meant more.
there wasnt rankings before Conor joined the UFC, each MMA site had their own rankings

I'd say if he signs a contract with Mayweather or doesn't fight for 1yr.

Either is fair.

1 year max. If he can't defend in that time, he doesn't really want to be champ.

there wasnt rankings before Conor joined the UFC, each MMA site had their own rankings
Before his rise they meant something. They started at the same time as his first fight. His fight with Eddie sealed the deal on the rankings meaning nothing. Dana has admitted he will bend over for Conor and the other fighters hearing that is not a good look.

No, not yet. He better have a fight scheduled within the next few months, though.

A 'legit' interim title that you and many others have already labeled 'pointless'?

You know when fighters train for a fight they put their bodies on the line and work harder than you can ever imagine because of their will to win that fight that's ahead of them. And when they go into the ring they give all their heart and all their soul fighting (which is what we as fans expect of them). They put everything into beating that opponent because they want to eventually have a chance to fight for, and hopefully win, the title in their respective division. There are some guys in MMA who have done this over and over again and rightfully deserve to have a champion who is available to them, and respects them enough to honor his obligation to offer them their opportunity to become champion. If said champion is incapacitated through injury then there's not much can be done about it. If however said champion is publicly neglecting his responsibilities to his contenders because he has other more important things to pursue, then I think that's disrespectful.

So to say the winner of the interim belt could then fight Nate whilst the Floyd circus continues in the foreground, I think is disrespectful to the rightful challengers.

We won't agree on this, but this is the best way I can explain my feelings on the subject. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Ooh, just when I thought we could be friends, but that's an argument for a different thread.

With this situation where, McG is fighting Floyd in another sport, the Kha/Ton fight was necessary as a interim but, one ran away or bailed last minute. Call it what you will. Punk move when it could have been a saved fight with a purse loss for not making weight. Dude is a can crusher and ducks.

When you say, rightful challengers? Who? Tony ducked MJ. Kha ducked tony. Nate is semi retired ducked Ton. Its a circus and McG is not stopping the division. Fighters are being divas like GSP now ducking Bisping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back