Should Conor be stripped again?

Should Conor be stripped of his LW belt?

• Total voters

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Poll needed.

Six months ago Conor "No Title Defense" McGregor became LW champion but he's doing boxing now, should he be stripped again?

Pursuing fights outside of the LW division without a single title defense, absolutely

Yes he should be stripped, but the UFC are not going to.

In the slim chance that McGregor beats Mayweather, they will parade it in the face of the universe how "their champ" beat the 49-0 legend in boxing.

UFC will let the belt rust just for that.

Jose Aldo- 9 title defenses and counting.

Conor McGregor- 0 title defenses. 1 stripped title and counting.

Definitely...this boxing match with Mayweather and the possible other mma vs boxers in boxing matches has the potential to make all of MMA look bad...especially to the casuals

He should be stripped, then tarred and feathered

MYvww.gif

MYK07_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Strip, don't strip, the hater side of me says yes! LW division is active and busting with hot talent that belt should be in play 1 or 2 times a year allowing the contenders below to ladder climb. The logical side of me says it's only been 6months, but that same logical side sees that he's actively seeking boxing and not talking mma while being healthy, so I go back to strip him.

Last edited:
It hasn't even been a year. He's going to do 2 fights this year. 1 boxing and another one would be defense.

Strip this greedy clown so we can move on with the best division in the UFC

Why did they strip him of the fw belt (deservedly)? Because he was not defending it.

By that same premise, he should also be stripped of the lw belt. He's not injured, there are worthy contenders, the only reason he's not fighting is because he wants to use the belt as a bargaining chip. If any of the current lw contenders got a chance to fight him, he'd end up worse than he did vs cabo nate.

Dana's actively negotiating a fight with Floyd and come to terms with McGregor. They aren't stripping him anytime in the near future.

It hasn't even been a year. He's going to do 2 fights this year. 1 boxing and another one would be defense.

Thats what dana wants you to believe. Lets say mac/may doesnt happen in september because of canelo/GGG when will they do the fight. Even conor said it may not happen until early next year. I'd be suprised if he had an MMA fight before the mayweather fight.

Jose Aldo- 9 title defenses and counting.

Conor McGregor- 0 title defenses. 1 stripped title and counting.

and in just 13 seconds that streak was over
aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

Obviously since the UFC is on the back shelf. Two of the best divisions in the UFC are being held up due to paper champions.

Back