Should Conor be stripped again?

Should Conor be stripped of his LW belt?

• Total voters
Whether he deserves to be stripped or not doesn't matter, doing so would be pointless.

Nate doesn't want to fight
Khabib is a liability and currently doesn't want to fight
Tony doesn't want to fight anyone that isn't Conor or the above 2 names

They couldn't even put together a interim title fight so if they strip Conor then what? Just hand it to Tony?

Division is fucked for more reasons than Conor holding out for Mayweather.

No. He's not doing anything wrong. He's doing exactly what they want him to do.

giphy.gif

n3RB53u.gif

Jose Aldo- got ktfo by conor in 13 seconds
Conor - ktfo aldo in 13 seconds

Everyone eventually loses in embarrassing fashion, if Conor keeps active it will eventually happen again (diaz) to him. So he will be the guy who didnt defend belts and was embarrassed more than once.

Still six months,so no.
Even if the pregnancy time out excuse is absolutely ridiculous and he is healthy.

Also WME will keep him with that belt as long as they feel they need him as a cashcow.

If Conor fights Mayweather, loses, and is placed on 6+ months medical suspension, then yes.

Whether he deserves to be stripped or not doesn't matter, doing so would be pointless.

Nate doesn't want to fight
Khabib is a liability and currently doesn't want to fight
Tony doesn't want to fight anyone that isn't Conor or the above 2 names

They couldn't even put together a interim title fight so if they strip Conor then what? Just hand it to Tony?

Division is fucked for more reasons than Conor holding out for Mayweather.

You raise an interesting point.

Firstly, I will say Nate is irrelevant in this discussion as he has not proven himself as a legit LW contender.
Of course Tony doesn't want to fight anyone except Conor??!! Conor is the only legit fight at the moment at the top of the division? If the fight doesn't happen that's Conor's fault more than it is Tonys.

And the division is fucked, yes you're right, but that's because of Conor's lack of title defense rather than anyone else's fault in the division. The 155 division is one of the deepest currently in the UFC. If Conor doesn't defend and he is stripped, the integrity of the entire division is at stake. I don't think this is the divisions fault, more Conors and the UFC.

To any fan who is at least half-educated in our beloved sport, this must be blindingly obvious right??

Should he be stripped? Yes, but not until he passes the one year mark, which will happen if this whole Mayweather thing goes down. But will he be? No. They will give out an interim, though.

I just don't understand why he doesn't defend a title. If I understood that, maybe I could understand him, but I don't.

Yes.

I'd say it is fair to give a defender of a title about a year off under certain circumstances, but he is tying up the division, he is not injured.

I would much rather see him come back and successfully defend his title 1000 times than see him stripped. He is an exciting fighter, his striking is a work of art in it's own right, but yeah he should be stripped since the main reason he isn't defending his title is because he is trying to get good at another sport.
The game doesn't need to wait on him, plenty of talent. Take his title and give it to someone who will earn it and defend it.

Dana's actively negotiating a fight with Floyd and come to terms with McGregor. They aren't stripping him anytime in the near future.

Getting his own guy to agree to terms is not much progress for 6 months work.

Id prefer he fights, im old school like that.

But if nothing booked by end of june then yes strip.

Lol at stripping him after 6 months.

Conor haters are just sad people. Nothing to see here.

Opposite. They need to decorate him more. UFC needs to present Connor with his emeritus title

Yes it's even worse than last time he sat on a belt for 1 year not defending.

This time he's not even fighting at all.

This fraud needs to fight Ferg yesterday or be stripped.

Back