Should Conor be stripped again?

Should Conor be stripped of his LW belt?

• Total voters
Yes.

He isn't even scheduled to defend, he's healthy and he's looking for fights outside of the UFC while having the belt.

He's clogging up the most stacked division.

If it was any other fighter i'd say yes, but........

73284358.jpg

Lol at stripping him after 6 months.

Conor haters are just sad people. Nothing to see here.
We got to be sad .
we have champions who doesn't want to fight contenders because the most popular champion the UFC have don't fight contenders!!
Lol

It probably doesnt really matter tbh. It just opens up more options. People still consider him FW champ.

If he fights Floyd, he'll probably come back lighter and could go back to FW to fight Edgar/Holloway/Aldo or whoevers got the belt.

That would be a smarter move than fighting Ferg after such a long time away from MMA. Meanwhile, Ferg would be talking trash and building his brand for a "superfight"
I'm the biggest ferg fan here but I don't think he can "build his brand" dude is cringe AF and looks like a goblin.

Naw his best way is being just a dark barbarian everyone wants to see fight. Beating Khabib woulda gone a long way too bad that fell out.

Not yet. But obviously it depends on how much longer he's out.

As a Conor fan I approve this YES

If he has no intention of defending it, sure.

That or set up an interim title. It hasn't been a year since he won the belt but Conor is healthy and should defend the belt.

Other champions like Aldo and Cain have taken over a year to defend because of injuries forcing an interim.

If he manages to get a fight booked this year then he has a right to keep and defend it.

I'd say it is fair to give a defender of a title about a year off under certain circumstances, but he is tying up the division, he is not injured.
The game doesn't need to wait on him, plenty of talent. Take his title and give it to someone who will earn it and defend it.

2 of the most relevant and yet consistently underrated points on this topic.

He is stalling one of the most talented divisions in the sport. And the UFC is letting him do this??? Madness.

4MJd1_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Streak? Streaks don't last that's why they called streaks. Legacy's last 4ever Aldo has that, Conor's legacy will be that of a Champ who never defended, never put his belt on the line, never confirmed a belt with a successful defense.
Dont forget never fought a wrestler but two week mendes when 75% of UFC is wrestlers. Conor will go down in history as a Conman with a good left hand.

We got to be sad .
we have champions who doesn't want to fight contenders because the most popular champion the UFC have don't fight contenders!!
Lol

It's not just Conor haters. I consider myself a big Conor fan within MMA, but I agree that his ambitions outside the UFC are having a detrimental affect on the divisions he's neglecting.

I love MMA more than I do Conor. But unfortunately I don't feel that Conor has the same respect for the sport that's made him.

If the boxing match goes through than yes, he should just let it go.
At this point it doesn't even matter ppv wise if he has a belt or not, so why hold up the division for another 6 months to box.
But if that falls through and decides to defend it this year than he should hold on to it.

Yes. He know he's losing his next fight and he's trying to push it back. Fuck him, paper champ

Poll needed.

Six months ago Conor "No Title Defense" McGregor became LW champion but he's doing boxing now, should he be stripped again?

Tony vs Khabob was for the interim which made sense giving that, Mcgregor was fighting Floyd. Instead, Khabob ran to the hospital minutes before that fight. Tony ducked MJ, a guy that beat him before. Neither of these dudes belong in the same arena.

Its ironic that, Mcgregor gets accused of holding up the division when the division is trying to be Mcgregor, they wont fight, and yet, cry on social media.

WAR MCGOAT

Makes no difference if he is or isn't. He will remain the biggest name in the sport and can take his pick of title shots from any one of three weight classes whenever he chooses. Whoever would get the stripped belt wouldn't be taken seriously and would have to spend all their time answering questions about McGregor.

Even the upcoming Aldo/Holloway fight just looks like a "best of the rest" championship between two McGregor victims and the build up to the fight will be dominated by talk about McGregor.

You mightn't like it but it's the truth. Strip him/don't strip him, nothing changes.

No, but his next fight should be a title defense, and do it quick, he isnt injured, he is just not fighting.

Yes. He know he's losing his next fight and he's trying to push it back. Fuck him, paper champ

You sound like a cuck. The only thing you have experience in is flipping burgers and asking if you want fries with your order. I blame low test.

Thanks for coming.

You raise an interesting point.

Firstly, I will say Nate is irrelevant in this discussion as he has not proven himself as a legit LW contender.
Of course Tony doesn't want to fight anyone except Conor??!! Conor is the only legit fight at the moment at the top of the division? If the fight doesn't happen that's Conor's fault more than it is Tonys.

No your opinion about whether Nate is deserving or not is whats irrelevant, it's a fact that the UFC were planning to make Nate X Ferguson for the interim title but Nate wanted too much money.

And the division is fucked, yes you're right, but that's because of Conor's lack of title defense rather than anyone else's fault in the division. The 155 division is one of the deepest currently in the UFC. If Conor doesn't defend and he is stripped, the integrity of the entire division is at stake. I don't think this is the divisions fault, more Conors and the UFC.

To any fan who is at least half-educated in our beloved sport, this must be blindingly obvious right??

You missed the point of post, it's not about spreading blame or blaming just Conor

What does stripping Conor do if none of the contenders that would fight Tony for the vacant title currently don't want to fight?

Conor might "deserve" to be stripped but it currently doesn't serve a purpose, Conor might return by the time Nate or Khabib or whoever else the UFC thinks is worthy decide they do wanna fight Tony.

Back