***Sherdog Forums 2016 Event of the Year Award***

Which of these was your favorite UFC Event of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fucking 96, for sure

funniest day of my fucking MMA life

spent literally hours laughing. went to sleep 6 AM just laughing at mcgregor

GOAT moment

voted 199 cos rockhold got battered, but more for kim vs reyes, fight of the year, just ahead of lawler vs condit

UFC 202 had everything, great fights on paper and delivered.

205 though. First even in NY. Biggest card of all time. Conor 2 divison champ. Wonderboy/woodley draw. Yoel romero's walk. How can you not vote for it :)

I was really, really happy for a few days after 199, so it got my vote. There may have been better cards this year, though I don't remember them, but this was easily my favorite.

UFC 199. Main event was a shocker. co main was alright. Hendo and Lombard was a war. Kim and Reyes was sick. Guida and Ortega was a shocking finish.

Nothing sweeter to me watching UFC 196 seeing Conor getting slapped & tapped while happily giving up his back like warm summer breeze filling me with joy.

Bliss.gif

LMAO...

If that fraud is on the card. It's immediately DQ'd.

So, that only leaves 195, and 199 from the list in the OP.

As much as I like Stipe... It wasn't a title fight. But I think he legit made Dana soil himself. And that wicked fight between Robbie, and NBK ( Condit was robbed ).

I gotta go with 199. Rockhold getting KTFO by Bisping was a wonder, and a joy to behold.

Glad 200 wasnt included. It ended up being a bum card.

Voted 205 b/c it was stacked and also delivered

Sherdog event of the year is when jones got busted for peds

And 198 should be on the list

pre fight press was dope too :D

Lol, I had never see this. Bisbing thoroughly destroyed Luke at that presser <{MingNope}>

I was on the fence between 196, 199, 202, and 205. UFC 199 was the best from top to bottom, but the the main event at UFC 196 by itself makes it a real Card of the Year candidate. <{RoseRun}>

There is no Jin Akutsu "leave Britney alone moment" option.

199 is the GOAT UFC card, they've never had a card that good top to bottom

Opened with sturong FOTY candidate (top 3 at least) and ended with an Upset of the Year candidate, Hendo/Lombard was a war with a KOTY candidate, multiple brutal KOs specially multiple annoying fighters getting KOd (Luke, Hector, Guida, Green), Max/Lamas was good.
, Cacares/Cole had some fun

Only a couple mediocre fights on prelims and Dom/Faber not being competitive

The correct answer is 199. No other card had the same amount of competitive wars , brutal finishes , and shocking upsets

196. The fallout was awesome.Tate and Nate's wins were awesome. Plus the humble Holm going out contrasting the cocky Conor tapping out was so ironic as well.

After a year of so many great events, it has to be UFC 205.

Stacked card.
Fights delivered.
Three title fights.
Khabib talking mid-fight moments.
Conor super combo finisher.

Also, the atmosphere and general buzz created by Americans because of the significance of New York. This buzz was infectious and it really added to the overall grandeur of rhe event.

So many elite level events though. 196 and 202 were fantastic, in particular.

Lots of great cardz this year.

205 by 2nd round KO. :D

Lots of tears & cheers as well as a mega stacked card. Hell, the prelims could've headlined a Fox card! lol...

Back