Media UFC selects its 11 top finishes of 2023. Vote for your finish of the year out of the list

Vote for your finish of the year for 2023 from the UFC's list

• Islam Volk 2

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Izzy vs Alex Pereira 2

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • Sean O'Malley vs Aljamain Sterling

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Grasso vs Shevkenchko

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Gaethje vs Poirier 2

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Bonfim vs McKinney

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Max Halloway vs Korean Zombie

• Jones vs Ciryl Gane

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Barboza vs quarantillo

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Saint Denis vs Frevola

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Shavkat vs Neal

• Josh Emmett's KO of Bryce Mitchell

Votes: 69 38.8%

• Total voters

Davidjacksonjones

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The UFC delivered some thrilling and impressive highlights during its 2023 campaign, ranging from title fights to main events to early prelims and more. Of the 520 bouts to occur inside the octagon over the course of this year, the promotion has selected 11 to spotlight above the rest, including marquee stars and current champions such as Islam Makhachev, Israel Adesanya, Jon Jones, Sean O'Malley, and more.

The 11 top finishes in the 8 minute video include
-Islam Volk 2
-Izzy vs Alex Pereira 2
-Sean O'Malley vs Aljamain Sterling
-Grasso vs Shevkenchko
-Gaethje vs Poirier 2
-Bonfim vs McKinney
-Max Holloway vs Korean Zombie
-Jones vs Ciryl Gane
-Barboza vs quarantillo
-Saint Denis vs Frevola
-Shavkat vs Neal

Last edited:
Who is Halloway? Also, Im not a fan of WMMA but Alexas finish over Shevchenko felt huge. The imprint of Alexas arm on Vals face ... the saltiness of Val afterwards... chefs kiss.
Max Holloway* my bad fixed it. Yeah im not too big a fan of WMMA either, but I did watch that fight because it was on the main card of one of the fights i was looking forward to. It was a great fight indeed with an excellent finish. I also tuned in to their rematch

2iwfi621dw6c1.gif

Josh Emmett's KO of Bryce Mitchell should be on the list imo.

That was a PARTICULARLY DEVASTATING KO.
Most definitely. I added that to the list. Thanks for reminding

Anyone else that have good suggestions of finishes from 2023 to add to the list feel free to post them here so i can add more to the polls

Who is Halloway? Also, Im not a fan of WMMA but Alexas finish over Shevchenko felt huge. The imprint of Alexas arm on Vals face ... the saltiness of Val afterwards... chefs kiss.
That difference in the color of her skin of the complete pale white where blood was not able to properly flow was pretty fucking brutal.

And if I recall that choke was on the jaw, not under the chin, so that just further shows how fucking tight of a squeeze that was.

Shavkat choking out Neal via rather unorthodox RNC takes it for me.
It's just so damn barbaric and glorious at the same time.
Primal and utterly ruthless in its execution.
It's like Shav decided "OK enough of this tedious tit-for-tat" and just proceeded to wring every last drop of life out of poor Geoff Neal.

It's almost like he's directly descended from some marauding, continent-conquering race or something.

It's like Shav decided "OK enough of this tedious tit-for-tat" and just proceeded to wring every last drop of life out of poor Geoff Neal.

It's almost like he's directly descended from some marauding, continent-conquering race or something.

You and Sanko are going to have to fight over who gets his horse meat.

Yeah that choke was definitely brutal, vicious and cold-blooded.

I had to vote for Jones choking out Gane though, because of how kind-hearted and gentle Saint Jones was. You can tell Jones wanted to do as minimal damage as possible to get Gane to tap. He is just too compassionate and holy for this sport

Yeah that choke was definitely brutal, vicious and cold-blooded.

I had to vote for Jones choking out Gane though, because of how kind-hearted and gentle Saint Jones was. You can tell Jones wanted to do as minimal damage as possible to get Gane to tap. He is just too compassionate and holy for this sport
I was gonna ask you why the lowkey mention of Saint Jones considering how it is our prime advocacy to spread the word of his Saintliness far and wide.

Had me worried for a bit there.

I was gonna ask you why the lowkey mention of Saint Jones considering how it is our prime advocacy to spread the word of his Saintliness far and wide.

Had me worried for a bit there.
Yeah you are right. I have spent the past 18 hours reading many chapters from the Gospel of Saint Jones, and I guess i wanted to take a short break from my vigorous studies to focus on more MMA related stuff.
But fear not, the new year will be the biggest year yet, with the help of Jesus' most loyal disciples we will make sure everyone on this forum and in the world will know about the generous teachings of our almighty Lord and savior.

"The prologue informs readers of the true identity of Jones, the Word of God through whom the world was created and who took on human form; he came to the Jews and the Jews rejected him, but "to all who received him (the circle of Christian believers), who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back