Media UFC selects its 11 top finishes of 2023. Vote for your finish of the year out of the list

Vote for your finish of the year for 2023 from the UFC's list

• Islam Volk 2

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Izzy vs Alex Pereira 2

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • Sean O'Malley vs Aljamain Sterling

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Grasso vs Shevkenchko

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Gaethje vs Poirier 2

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Bonfim vs McKinney

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Max Halloway vs Korean Zombie

• Jones vs Ciryl Gane

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Barboza vs quarantillo

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Saint Denis vs Frevola

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Shavkat vs Neal

• Josh Emmett's KO of Bryce Mitchell

Votes: 69 38.8%

• Total voters
Tempted by both Islam and Shavkat, but had to go with Emmet in the end. That was one for the history books.

Shavkat choking out Neal via rather unorthodox RNC takes it for me.
It's just so damn barbaric and glorious at the same time.
Primal and utterly ruthless in its execution.
It's like Shav decided "OK enough of this tedious tit-for-tat" and just proceeded to wring every last drop of life out of poor Geoff Neal.

It's almost like he's directly descended from some marauding, continent-conquering race or something.
Sanko?

The only reason I pick Izzy/Pereira over the Emmett ko is because of the other stuff that went with it. The history, the atmosphere. Izzy having the balls to take that fight so soon after losing. Everything. Even the way the fight seemed to be playing out before he shot his arrows at an unconscious Pereira.

Emmett ko almost killed a man. I can't say any other one can come close unless Izzy vs Pereira.

That was a great highlight video. So many great moments. I voted for the BMF but there is no losers here.

Shavkat choking out Neal via rather unorthodox RNC takes it for me.
It's just so damn barbaric and glorious at the same time.
Primal and utterly ruthless in its execution.
It's like Shav decided "OK enough of this tedious tit-for-tat" and just proceeded to wring every last drop of life out of poor Geoff Neal.

It's almost like he's directly descended from some marauding, continent-conquering race or something.
Like Carlos Newton vs Pat Miletich

Izzy vs Alex just because IZZY got one back.

This is why Jacare continues to duck the Comozzi trilogy. he knows Comozzi has him figured out. ;)

The only ones that actually kinda shocked me were
Grasso vs Shev
Izzy vs Alex
Justin vs Dustin - i didn't know who would win but didn't expect that ending.

nothing else was a huge surprise.

Who is Halloway? Also, Im not a fan of WMMA but Alexas finish over Shevchenko felt huge. The imprint of Alexas arm on Vals face ... the saltiness of Val afterwards... chefs kiss.

For sure, it's Emmett's KO over Mitchell.

The only true "one-shot, one-kill" entry, quite frankly.

Also, Bryce Mitchell's "Southern religious BS" is tough to stomach, so great to see him put out on his the side of his face like that.

"The Lord works in mysterious ways ...."

While a year of some great finishes, Emmett cleanly KOing Mitchell with ONE PUNCH was one of the most beautiful knockouts I have seen in awhile. It was perfect.

Emmetts KO over Mitchell was soooo clean! I would’ve voted for that but I love headkicks. Had to go with Gaethje over Poirier.

Poirier is notoriously hard to finish with strikes and the last time was in 2016, I think. Gaethje blasting him with a headkick was amazing.

I voted Josh Emmett's KO of Bryce Mitchell. That was the cleanest most devastating KO you can get. My personal most satisfying was Gaethje vs Poirier. The most impressive setup was Izzy vs Pereira.

Emmet for sure.

However, that Omalley pullback right hand was smooth. People hate him for his antics and hair, but that was a picture perfect connection in a title fight as an underdog

When I watch this video, I see from the first few clips Islam vs Volk, Volk is not out nor done, fight is stopped by that british ref with the cool hair cut. 20 seconds later, Sterling vs O'Malley, Sterling isn't out, same ref with the sweet hairdo stops the fight. Somehow these stoppages by weak-ass refs are equivalent to KOing someone, or choking someone out, or getting the tap? Seems legit.

Back