Seahawks cancel meeting w/ Kaepernick over free speech

no worries bud...I Reported myself...

and @HockeyBjj
and @Scrody
and @Prime Rib

reported all of you fascist fu*ks

"Freedom of speech" has been bastardized by both sides of the aisle.

Americans have the right to say things. Americans do not have an impervious shield against those that disagree with those things.

It is a disconnect that separates idiots from people trying to deal with issues.

The Seahawks are dumb for entertaining the thought of bringing him in, and as was discussed and agreed to by most, in a previous Kap thread, was that he is just not good enough and definitely not worth the baggage that he comes with

No one is hindering his ability to kneel, they just don't want to pay him to do it.
There's more to it than that though. It's not that they don't want to pay him to kneel. it's that they don't want to pay him for other things because he knelt.

The NFL wants their players to be non-descript as possible. Being polarizing and bad was the death knell to Kaep's career. A guy who is costing money for the owners isn't an ideal backup QB.

Why does he want to support these supposedly racist owners and fans by playing for them?

Its almost as if people dont have a constitutional right to play in the nfl

No but seriously...

I support his 1st Amendment rights. disagree with his decision and why he's doing it though.

As for the Seahawks, I hope they fucking fire Blair.

He cost the hawks three games last season. Safe to say he was not coming back soon as the last game of the season ended.

Did the Seahawks say no on Janikowski? I think Seabass is good for a few more years.

He is much better than that guy they picked up from the Jags. He is almost as bad as Walsh.

Nobody is saying he can't exercise his right to free speech, they also don't have to sign him if they figure he will be a detriment to the team financially.

I assume if I exercised my free speech rights in the wrong place at the wrong time, I would also expect to face consequences. It's his own damn fault at this point, use your platform outside of work to promote your ideas.

He can go kneel in his free time employment isn't free and this dickhead needs to learn that. There are plenty of legal thing I can't do while on the job.

The Seahawks are clearing house and getting rid of players that are causing distractions. Kap was tried out by the Seahawks last year, but he wants to be a starter, and could still be a starter in the league. Seahawks need a back up QB not someone who will overshadow the new changes due to his politics.

Please dont derail the thread or I will report your posts.

I find it amazing that people are so bothered by Kaep trying to exercise his rights. Even most servicepeople agree he should be allowed
You're a bigger bitch than Kaep go cry to the mods

It is his right and a club asking him not to do that is reasonable.

It is his right, but it's not his right to play for an NFL team. My free speech is severely restricted by my employer. It's my right to say/tweet whatever I want, but I don't have a right to my job. I'm sure there are many people in similar situations to me. And they only wanted to restrict Kap WHILE he was working for them.

There's more to it than that though. It's not that they don't want to pay him to kneel. it's that they don't want to pay him for other things because he knelt.
He's a middling QB on top of being a polarizing figure that can hurt ticket sales. Practically, he's just not worth it.

The NFL does not care if you're a murderer, rapist, thief, thug, bigot, etc.; as long as you perform and put asses in seats, it's all good. However, if you suck, you need to know your roll and shut your mouth.

That's not just the NFL. That's life in general. The strong do what they can and the weak bear what they must.

Last edited:
Is the nfl a business or a charity? Because the take a knee movement cost the league billions. It’s a very simple cost benefit analysis when it comes to hiring him. The benefits of having his mediocre ass on their team is not worth the cost to their brand. And that’s their right. No team should have to fund his martyrdom.

It is his right, but it's not his right to play for an NFL team. My free speech is severely restricted by my employer. It's my right to say/tweet whatever I want, but I don't have a right to my job. I'm sure there are many people in similar situations to me. And they only wanted to restrict Kap WHILE he was working for them.

Civil Rights. This is America.

You right leaning people are fucking up your own argument.

OP sounds super triggered in his post though not gonna lie. Lol @ his legacy is secure.

Yeah...a legacy where he can only show his face to half of America ever again

Totally worth walking away from millions and being beloved. Enjoy the OJ treatment from society...I hear being a pariya gets you laid though

PS I’m sure all of you outraged here were equally as upset over Laura Ingraham losing her sponsors for her first amendment rights and totally didn’t say she should face her consequences though

Sorry I had to show this choke once again........
jQZTHM2.gif

Why don't they just hire soccer players for that position?

Civil Rights. This is America.

You right leaning people are fucking up your own argument.

I'm not really right leaning.

What do civil rights have to do wth terms of employment having to do with behavior at work? Is Kap gonna sue?

Back