Seahawks cancel meeting w/ Kaepernick over free speech

Sorry I had to show this choke once again........
jQZTHM2.gif

yup...that's the one.

hahahahah

I just remember (I think it was 2 or 3 years ago).

Seahwaks were playing the Vikings in the playoffs, and Vikings drove down the field in the 4th. way within field goal range, like a chip shot... with seconds on the clock, and at this point I was like, "oh well...it was a good season..."

and then Blair FUCKING TANKS IT!! hahahaha

and then we sign him.

27 yards....

Sorry I had to show this choke once again........
jQZTHM2.gif

Sharing that in Minnesota constitutes a hate crime. I’m calling the internet police on you

Please dont derail the thread or I will report your posts.

I find it amazing that people are so bothered by Kaep trying to exercise his rights. Even most servicepeople agree he should be allowed

I find it amazing that people are so bothered by Kaep trying to exercise his rights. Even most servicepeople agree he should be allowed

If I were interviewing for a job that could pay me millions I might check my values at the door. It sucks but we have all done it. You can still keep your identity and be yourself while swallowing shit from the powers that be. Welcome to the real world.

But what about my right to free posting?

He-who-must-not-be-named came up. All other forum rules get cast aside as Minnesotans devolve into scrieching banshees

so you are trying to blackmail the league and the owners into hiring someone you think is blackballed?

Karl had many constructive ways to express his displeasure with the US. He chose the wrong way to do it and is paying the consequences.

Isn’t he also a speaker at a protest rally organized by the infamous antisemite, Farrakhan?

Perhaps not something an employer would find value in.

He is allowed. No ones stopping him from speaking his mind. They’re just not paying him millions of dollars to do it on their privately owned field.

But sure, someone should pay the one trick pony the entire league has figured out who hasn’t played in a year and hasn’t played well in a few years and allow him to do his protest to their own financial detriment cause reasons and such.

A plus thread.

The NFL doesn't exist to be a platform for Colin Kaepernick. If they are paying him millions then he should exercise his rights on his own time. If I start obnoxiously insulting my clients I should expect my employer to send me packing.

No right to free speech at work. Simple as that. Good riddance.

Free speech is more than just a limitation on government censorship. That's really just the bare minimum. It's also a social ethic. I think we all need to show a lot more tolerance for opposing opinions.

I can see why Kaepernick's protest in uniform is something that teams want to avoid. But I also think the right wing needs to get over the fact that many athletes don't respect the US in the same way they do. Economically punishing those with whom you disagree on politics, which is also a favorite tactic of the left, undermines social trust. It's vicious and intolerant to try and drive someone out of business because you disagree with his politics.

There's much more to freedom of expression than avoiding government censorship. We also need to commit to the notion that we ought to persuade and argue rather than silence our opponents. How free is a man to speak his mind if he loses his livelihood for doing so? I disagree with Colin Kaepernick. I disagree with him enough that I might root against him in a game. But why should I take pleasure in him being blacklisted while complaining about conservative speakers being blacklisted on our campuses?

I hope a team has the guts to give the man a job, because while he's not a great quarterback, at a minimum he could be an experienced backup somewhere. And his political views ought to be irrelevant in the decision. By giving Kaep room to speak his mind, it gives us all more room t o speak ours.

Never had a job that didn't restrict my speech and behavior. Never had one that allowed for using my employer as a platform for personal political views. If I told my perspective employer I'd be uncooperative and associating them with anti-American sentiment I would expect to not be hired.

I just composed a post similar to this. Yours was better.

In terms of the simple core debate there is really nothing more that needs to be added to this.

He is allowed to. No one is stopping him from exercising his 1st.

No one is hindering his ability to kneel, they just don't want to pay him to do it.

Free speech is more than just a limitation on government censorship. That's really just the bare minimum. It's also a social ethic. I think we all need to show a lot more tolerance for opposing opinions.

I can see why Kaepernick's protest in uniform is something that teams want to avoid. But I also think the right wing needs to get over the fact that many athletes don't respect the US in the same way they do. Economically punishing those with whom you disagree on politics, which is also a favorite tactic of the left, undermines social trust. It's vicious and intolerant to try and drive someone out of business because you disagree with his politics.

There's much more to freedom of expression than avoiding government censorship. We also need to commit to the notion that we ought to persuade and argue rather than silence our opponents. How free is a man to speak his mind if he loses his livelihood for doing so? I disagree with Colin Kaepernick. I disagree with him enough that I might root against him in a game. But why should I take pleasure in him being blacklisted while complaining about conservative speakers being blacklisted on our campuses?

I hope a team has the guts to give the man a job, because while he's not a great quarterback, at a minimum he could be an experienced backup somewhere. And his political views ought to be irrelevant in the decision. By giving Kaep room to speak his mind, it gives us all more room t o speak ours.

Your last sentence is some touchy feely bs.

Kap is a famous (former) athlete and SJW star in the age of social media. He can speak his mind and reach millions whenever he chooses. He just chooses to speak very little nowadays. Hes got all the room he could possibly have, no one is silencing him, we all already know his message. And he hasn't lost his livelyhood, in fact he has profited greatly from playing the "martyr".

And his life literally has no bearing on how much room, You, I, or anyone else has to speak their mind. You are greatly overstating how important this whole matter actually is.

Your last feeling is some touchy feely bs.

No, it isn't. Respecting the right of others to express their views without trying to punish them is not BS. It's a core ethic of a free society.

And his life literally has no bearing on how much room, You, I, or anyone else has to speak their mind. You are greatly overstating how important this whole matter actually is.
I see your point that each incident doesn't matter much. But every time a right winger justifies silencing someone because they are an "SJW" or a lefty silences someone because they are "alt-right", the room we have to express ourselves becomes slightly smaller.

so you feel like bosses should allow their employees to politically demonstrate on the job, even if the boss doesn't want them too, and even if the boss might hold an opposing political view?

if so you then you need to report yourself to a psyche ward.

Back