Scott made the worst mistake of his life selling Strikeforce

Theyve been signing some damn good future propsects the last few years and some great top 10 UFC talent. With the way WME is running UFC lately, expect Bellators roster to only grow over the next few years. The Coker era has only just begun. He did great things with SF.

Soul,roster,...

Coker didnt have any say in the Strikeforce sale. Sillicone Valley Companies sold it because they got an amazing return on their initial investment.

It wasn't his choice to sell, they partnered up with some investors who ended up with a majority stake and it was them who made the final decision to sell the company, according to Scott he tried his hardest to not let the sale go through.

i think scott was also not enough confident that SF was the real shit, Uncle dana was so scared at this time

Coker didnt have any say in the Strikeforce sale. Sillicone Valley Companies sold it because they got an amazing return on their initial investment.

They would have worth b$ if they waited 4 more years,
i know its easy to say that now but these dickheads of the SVC wasnt mma fans.

Cuckold deal

Cuckold deal

Strikeforce wouldnt have been worth close to 4 billion 4 years later lol. I really hope you dont believe that. It took the UFC nearly 2 decades of killing everything in sight and monopolizing the sport to where they created a brand so strong it became synonymous with fighting. Thats how they were able to lock down a major, national TV deal with FOX. Strikeforce was probably sold for no more than a hundred million dollars and there was nothing they could have done to be worth 4 billion, 4 years later. Come on now fam.

Strikeforce wouldnt have been worth close to 4 billion 4 years later lol. I really hope you dont believe that. It took the UFC nearly 2 decades of killing everything in sight and monopolizing the sport to where they created a brand synonymous with fighting and locking down a major, national TV deal to even close to that. Strikeforce was probably sold for no more than a hundred million dollars and there was nothing they could have done to be worth 4 billion, 4 years late. Come on now fam.

Who said 4b brother?
I said billions, 2 was my feeling yes.

it wasnt 100m but 50, terrible deal

At the end of the day i want to see the best fight the best. The UFC got much more interesting when they bought Strikeforce.

At the end of the day i want to see the best fight the best. The UFC got much more interesting when they bought Strikeforce.

Beside roster ufc is the same company without any innovation ideas, entrance are still the same, no tournaments, ...

UFC is boring in comparison to SF

Coker didn't own strikeforce in pretty sure he was against the sale. Strikeforce was awesome though!

I am pretty sure he didn't want to sell it, but he was just a small owner. From interviews, it seemed like he was against it.

The Bellator owners have a lot of money...A lot more than the UFC. If the owners want to, and see it as a long term investment, they can build it big.

It seems to me they are thinking long term, and planning on building the brand, sby doing things like putting Chuck as an ambassador and so on.

SF had everything, i dnt understand this move
I loved Strikeforce, and was often much more excited for their cards than the UFCs.

However, we don't know if they were losing a lot of money, if the 10-12 top fighters were on their way to the UFC, if every card was losing money...? I am sure there was a good reason.

Damn. I forgot how amazing a line up that was for the HW grand prix.

i swear strikeforce would have eaten the UFC in the long run,
This company had a soul.

Scott is trying hard to build the bellator brand, i hespect that, but he had a ferrari with strikeforce.
it was his baby, what a fucking terrible idea to sell this bitch for peanuts...At that time it was the new era of MMA.
a brand new day

Maybe you forgot ...

As mma fans we lost a lot,
thx scott

“The one who doesn’t fall, doesn’t stand up.”

Strikeforce was NOT MAKING MONEY. The only reason the existed as long as they did was because the San jose sharks bought into them and subsidized them. Coker overpaid for tons of talent (Fedor, hendo etc) who did not draw nearly enough to counter their huge purses. The sharks owners saw it was bleeding money and sold it. It was so bad part of the contingency of the sale was the new owners assumed like 10M in debt for them.

Cuckold deal
No. Not even close. Coker made a shit ton of bad deals and overpaid a ton of talent. He paid Fedor and m-1 godly amounts of money and they did not draw anywhere close to what he needed. Same for Hendo and a few others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back