Scott made the worst mistake of his life selling Strikeforce

Just wish they could have gone in with Bellator and made a legit contender against the UFC.

I'm sure if he had a choice he would not have sold. Too bad his partners didn't feel the same way.

He didn't, coker said no, his partners sold it. People don't read stories, so you're not the only person who thinks Coker just sold strikeforce, but come on.

One of the big problems with bellator is the lighting imo.

I don't know what it is, but Bellator always feels... boring. Strikeforce didn't.

Pretty sure "what it is" is that Strikeforce had many (most) of the best HWs in the world, the scrap pack, Jacare, Rockhold, Hendo, and RR, among others.

Bellator has some solid guys, don't get me wrong... but nothing like that.

Strikeforce was sold for a reason. Strikeforce was bleeding money and the investors wanted to get rid of it. It wasn't Cokers call to make.

This. Scott didn't want to sell but was forced to.

Still wanna know who came upwith the name bellator

Sounds like a cholesterol medicine

Worst name ever!

Not sure who came up with the name, but I believe they wanted to capture potential fans from Latin America and other predominantly Spanish-speaking countries.

This all day long. I looked forward to so many SF cards and I don't care at all about the Bellators. Hard to put your finger on it, but Bellator feels B side/brand X/boring. SF had an underground/real fan feel to it. Hard to explain.

The explanation is just SF had way better fighters

Last edited:
Back