Scott made the worst mistake of his life selling Strikeforce

It's funny how according to the hipsters, all the non-UFC MMA organizations are "better", "more pure", "special and unique", and all these things...yet they all continue to fall down or at best...stay in their lane.

Strikeforce was the B-league with a handful of of A-league guys on the roster. That's basically it.

It's funny how according to the hipsters, all the non-UFC MMA organizations are "better", "more pure", "special and unique", and all these things...yet they all continue to fall down or at best...stay in their lane.

Strikeforce was the B-league with a handful of of A-league guys on the roster. That's basically it.

You cnt deny they had a better soul, look there is 98% of ppl not agree with your statement

U are in fact the hipster

You cnt deny they had a better soul, look there is 98% of ppl not agree with your statement

U are in fact the hipster

I have no idea what the hell "soul" means in this context. I enjoyed a number of specific fights. I enjoyed the idea of the HW tournament, if not the execution.

That doesn't mean it was special or better than the UFC all things considered. That's why they got on their knees and bowed to the UFC and not the other way around.

The market spoke very clearly on Strikeforce vs. UFC. And Strikeforce lost. Badly.

These are all facts and not open for debate.

Coker stated multiple times that he didn't wanna sell. He just didn't own majority shares in strikeforce. The venture capitalist who were majority owners saw the money ufc offered, and took it

giphy.gif

Lol, those cameramen are always making people uncomfortable.

I have no idea what the hell "soul" means in this context. I enjoyed a number of specific fights. I enjoyed the idea of the HW tournament, if not the execution.

That doesn't mean it was special or better than the UFC all things considered. That's why they got on their knees and bowed to the UFC and not the other way around.

The market spoke very clearly on Strikeforce vs. UFC. And Strikeforce lost. Badly.

These are all facts and not open for debate.

Soul means soul... u cnt buy this shit

Ufc is just surviving because of their roster

i swear strikeforce would have eaten the UFC in the long run,
This company had a soul.

Scott is trying hard to build the bellator brand, i hespect that, but he had a ferrari with strikeforce.
it was his baby, what a fucking terrible idea to sell this bitch for peanuts...At that time it was the new era of MMA.
a brand new day

Maybe you forgot ...

As mma fans we lost a lot,
thx scott

“The one who doesn’t fall, doesn’t stand up.”

Coker didn't sell Strikeforce

Silicon Valley Sports and Entertainment did.

Strikeforce has always been 2nd league to UFC. Strikeforce would've been today's Bellator.

I think it's extremely smart to sell a product only to remake the exact same product. Love it.

Soul means soul... u cnt buy this shit

Ufc is just surviving because of their roster

Why didn't Strikeforce "just survive because of their roster" then?

You are being silly. The UFC does in fact offer a lot of very real, very tangible positives that other organizations don't offer. That's why they are where they are. These things don't happen by random chance and it isn't magic.

That co promo with Fedor and M1 was a big mistake.

That co promo with Fedor and M1 was a big mistake.
Along with overpaying talent like Hendo. The idea was that He would draw massive ratings on CBS but Hendo/Shields got like a 1.7 on CBS. CBS was not interested anymore at that point.

I don't know what it is, but Bellator always feels... boring. Strikeforce didn't.
What you don't like freakshows and 0-0 pro record fighters duking it out? Bellator has a bush league atmosphere and a roster (largely) to match.
Strikeforce always had more polish, even if maybe it wasn't as flamboyant.

But Bellator has dat Viacom dough. In the long term, which given how WME-IMG is managing things, might not be all that long, they could outlast the UFC.

i swear strikeforce would have eaten the UFC in the long run,
This company had a soul.

Scott is trying hard to build the bellator brand, i hespect that, but he had a ferrari with strikeforce.
it was his baby, what a fucking terrible idea to sell this bitch for peanuts...At that time it was the new era of MMA.
a brand new day

Maybe you forgot ...

As mma fans we lost a lot,
thx scott

“The one who doesn’t fall, doesn’t stand up.”

Business as usual.

Strikeforce was sold for a reason. Strikeforce was bleeding money and the investors wanted to get rid of it. It wasn't Cokers call to make.
They didn't know the UFC was leaving Spike. They would've held out and gotten a deal with them if they knew.

I loved the production of Strikeforce. And the name.

Bellator looks like shit and the name is terrible compared to Strikeforce.

They had a gold mine with Ronda, the UFC and Dana were smart enough to saw it right away

Back