Scott made the worst mistake of his life selling Strikeforce

FrenchHeavyWeight

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
i swear strikeforce would have eaten the UFC in the long run,
This company had a soul.

Scott is trying hard to build the bellator brand, i hespect that, but he had a ferrari with strikeforce.
it was his baby, what a fucking terrible idea to sell this bitch for peanuts...At that time it was the new era of MMA.
a brand new day

Maybe you forgot ...

As mma fans we lost a lot,
thx scott

“The one who doesn’t fall, doesn’t stand up.”

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Nah.. Bellator will be bigger than Strikeforce.

He is a business man I am not worry about his decision he knows better

Pretty sure Coker didn't own it - the San Jose Sharks owners did.

Some people are better at building a brand from small to medium then taking it to the next level.

The roster was amazing, jimmy lennon jr, cute blonde ringgirls,
i swear i miss these days

Some people are better at building a brand from small to medium then taking it to the next level.

Scott was near to cash out, 2011 was a crucial time for MMA.
The Casual fans tsunami was coming.

Im sure scott would have signed conor, moving from small arena to stadiums...at least conor's entrance would have been better

Strikeforce was sold for a reason. Strikeforce was bleeding money and the investors wanted to get rid of it. It wasn't Cokers call to make.

Damn the UFC got it's money out of Strikeforce. They paid like 40 million dollars for it and made so much more than that.

He was a minority owner. It wasn't his decision to sell.

I don't know what it is, but Bellator always feels... boring. Strikeforce didn't.
This all day long. I looked forward to so many SF cards and I don't care at all about the Bellators. Hard to put your finger on it, but Bellator feels B side/brand X/boring. SF had an underground/real fan feel to it. Hard to explain.

I don't know what it is, but Bellator always feels... boring. Strikeforce didn't.
Theyve been signing some damn good future propsects the last few years and some great top 10 UFC talent. With the way WME is running UFC lately, expect Bellators roster to only grow over the next few years. The Coker era has only just begun. He did great things with SF.

It wasn't his choice to sell, they partnered up with some investors who ended up with a majority stake and it was them who made the final decision to sell the company, according to Scott he tried his hardest to not let the sale go through.

Back