SBBC: Our Place in the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theyre solid popcorn flicks. See them once, enjoy, never watch again unless you stumble across them on tv.

I had no clue! Seriously. Where was it? THe article says "Cooksville", I lived in Cooksville. Where in the hell did Colonel Sanders live?

Which hospital was it? the one at Hurontario and Queensway?

My mind is blown by this revelation.
he lived in Port Credit...he owned the KFC/Scott's near your old hood and he donated $ to the Mississauga Hospital of the Trillium Health Partners...

he lived in Port Credit...he owned the KFC/Scott's near your old hood and he donated $ to the Mississauga Hospital of the Trillium Health Partners...

I don't even know where the KFC was in my old 'hood. Our first meal when we bought the house in that area was John Anderson's.

Not gonna lie, I could go for a JA's burger right now.

What’s the occupation?
Security at a wannabe high class night club. No black shirt with “security” written on it but have to wear all black to look t eh part.

$15 an hour plus security gets to split up 3% of profits for the pay period and cash tipsz

Theyre solid popcorn flicks. See them once, enjoy, never watch again unless you stumble across them on tv.
This is my feeling. The only reason to bother going to the theaters is for the grand effects which they deliver on. They're not great cinema, but they get clever enough writers and casts to make them entertaining. Or at least these Marvel ones do.

Also, I will argue that the Winter Soldier was actually an excellent spy/thriller movie. That one checked in for me as easily the best comic book movie that's been made to date. The rest are good entertainment at best.

Also, I will argue that the Winter Soldier was actually an excellent spy/thriller movie. That one checked in for me as easily the best comic book movie that's been made to date. The rest are good entertainment at best.

I can't keep them straight. They're all sort of the same formula. A random massive battle where shit gets wrecked, and then someone has to get to a power source to stop everything.

the Captain America movies are easily the best IMO.

@Animal Cracker Is Hawaii done for or is this volcano eruption overblown in the news?

It's not overblown, as it is a massive eruption. Certainly one of the largest we've seen in quite some time, the Lava flow alone has been impressive to witness. But it's not going to be some St. Helens level disaster, it sure as shit won't be a Pompeii situation where it suddenly goes full FUCK YOU and wipes out the island.

Although hearing about the lava creating acid rain clouds when it started to hit the water was cool, I didn't know that could happen.

This is my feeling. The only reason to bother going to the theaters is for the grand effects which they deliver on. They're not great cinema, but they get clever enough writers and casts to make them entertaining. Or at least these Marvel ones do.

I would say one of the major reasons they do so well is both the effects, and the fact that they are casting each role so fucking well. A lot of the actors and actresses they are landing are just so perfect for the role that it's like god himself is guiding it all. Except Ruffalo, something about him just irks me.

Last edited:
it sure as shit won't be a Pompeii situation where it suddenly goes full FUCK YOU and wipes out the island.

My mother took my kids to the Pompeii exhibit at the ROM and there were life size artifacts of people fucking doggy style.

Can you say awkward?

18b1eee35002c3e64d4d30241e1e0d68.jpg

twomaidens.jpg

I agree, CA: WS is the shit

I have it tied w/ Spider-Man 2 (tobey Maguire one) as the best Marvel movies ever

followed by Blades I and II

flame on

I agree, CA: WS is the shit

I have it tied w/ Spider-Man 2 (tobey Maguire one) as the best Marvel movies ever

followed by Blades I and II

flame on
I don't think those Spiderman movies hold up very well (also I never really liked the Dr. Octopus character on any medium, so I was never really blown away by that one anyway), but i did like the first 2 Blade movies. Haven't seen them in a long time though.

For the amount of hype the movie got it didn't live up to it.

No I didn't.

Without trying to sound racist, SJW’s loved it cuz it portrays a country from Africa as the most technologically advanced country in the world, not the dump that it is. I thought it was entertaining but not nearly as good as the hype suggests.

Winter soldier is prob my fav marvel film, the plot is good and the fight scenes are badass. Bucky in winter soldier mode is like terminator, dudes badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back